[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are some FFers really that stupid?

jaxfactor

I finally did my first mock(it's about time!) on ESPN. Although my computer froze before I could make my first pick(#2), I still ended up with a phenomenal team. Only a 10 team mock(I will do the 12 and 14 soon).

My #2 pick would have been LT, but it picked Alexander for me.

My Team:

Bulger

McNair

S. Alex.

R. Brown

F. Taylor

F. Gore

L. Fitz

R. Wayne

R. Williams

D. Mason

D. Stallworth

T. Heap

H. Miller

J. Reed

Ravens

Jags

I think I'd have a great shot at a championship with this team. Are people that stupid or am I becoming a better FF player? Well, I know the latter is true since I signed up for the Huddle in 2004. Some people just seem clueless though when drafting. I only hope my real drafts go this well. I doubt it though as many are very experienced.

Hey Jax, maybe I just dont see it - But why do you think that team is so good?

Im not here to cause trouble, thats not my nature. I just dont understand in a 10 team league why you feel that that team would dominate? :D

BM

You are right. What you don't see is the other teams involved. Upon further review, my team looks decent but not overwhelming. I had the priveledge of seeing the other teams and basically they suck. Don't get me wrong. I am not a cocky person by a longshot. It was just comical to see the other starting lineups. I should have saved the page. :D

If that were a 12 team draft, I'd like it a lot, but for a ten, I think it's (barring some very bad luck) a playoff team. SA and Brown are a nice 1-2. I also have a hunch 'ol Freddie could have a decent year. The WR's are a solid group too.... not much to dislike here.

10 team leagues are bunk. I am in a 10 team dynasty league, and find it boring for the most part. The only reason I continue in it, is because it's a bunch of my local buddies here. But everyone's team is so stacked, that it makes for a pretty uninteresting season. The one thing I like about it, is that I can make more trades to try and aquire players I normally wouldn't...

I found ESPN mocks to be a grab bag. Sometimes you get a sharp group of guys (and gals), but most of the time you get stuck with at lease a few lightweights and that's all it takes to give you a false sense of security about your drafting skills.

I prefer Mock Draft Central. You won't get very many breaks over there. Every once in awhile you'll get a bright newbie that's trying to learn the ropes, but for the most part, the players come off the board when they should.

One way you know that you're with a group of people that know what they're doing is that they blow off the prerankings. For example, ESPN has both DJax and Derrick Mason ranked WAY too low. When DJax is still available late in round 5 and Mason is still available in rounds 8 and later, you know people are just following the board and haven't done their homework.

I finally did my first mock(it's about time!) on ESPN. Although my computer froze before I could make my first pick(#2), I still ended up with a phenomenal team. Only a 10 team mock(I will do the 12 and 14 soon).

My #2 pick would have been LT, but it picked Alexander for me.

My Team:

Bulger

McNair

S. Alex.

R. Brown

F. Taylor

F. Gore

L. Fitz

R. Wayne

R. Williams

D. Mason

D. Stallworth

T. Heap

H. Miller

J. Reed

Ravens

Jags

I think I'd have a great shot at a championship with this team. Are people that stupid or am I becoming a better FF player? Well, I know the latter is true since I signed up for the Huddle in 2004. Some people just seem clueless though when drafting. I only hope my real drafts go this well. I doubt it though as many are very experienced.

I think this is a really solid team. Alexander and Brown are an awesome combo at RB. Brown should've never fallen back down to you. Some websites have him as the 4th best RB. He's probably a first rounder, especially in 12-14 team leagues. For some reason I like Taylor alot too, especially as a #3. Fitz, Wayne, R williams and Mason are a really great core of WRs. Of course Heap is Top 5. You drafted with a bunch of momos. And no way should you expect an outcome like this for the real deal. I've had this happen with mock drafts I've done as well.

Gotta say, I enjoy my ten team league...but I still drink Coca Cola and all that...anyway for a ten team league...compared to what is produced on Ants and Central...this team is quite good...the backs are great and the WRs with Fitz, Wayne and Williams...come one...that is stacked...there must have been like 9 14 year olds drafting w/ you. I have stopped using ESPN, the site is too unstable, you have to try and "time it" to get the draft slot you want to pick from (which is not easy) and your mock mates are more miss than hit...in two drafts yesterday...they were grabbing kickers as early as the 4 th round... :D

Edited by Lucky Jack

I have been doing quite a few mock drafts at ESPN and if you talk to some of the people in there you will find out that some of them are actually trying the alternate draft ideas. Everyone has a good idea who will be available when if everyone uses the same theory.

I have gone in and took RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-QB just to see. I use some of these mocks to see what my team might look like if I went a different way and to see if people adjust to a strange style. Use the only to learn trends and not to judge how your team is.

If you use a mock to educate yourself you won't be nearly as suprised when a draft is going as planned and you will know how to react when there is a run, because you should know who is left and where they should be available. The only problem with these compared to your local league is that the people you draft with won't have the tendencies that your friends will. Look at a pick and if you know that a friend would make a different selection picture that and be ready to act accordingly.

I did a 12 team and ended up with an insane team myself

Bulger

Edge

Westbrook

Roy Williams

Holt

Djackson

Witten

Carolina D

Vanderjagt

(I'm trying to remember my bench)

coles

braylan edwards

greg jones

david carr

a few others but I thought it was a little stacked for a 12 teamer...only about 4 or 5 of the guys in the draft knew what they were doing I'd say.

QB Tom Brady NEP 5.02

RB Larry Johnson KCC 1.02

RB Tatum Bell DEN 4.09

RB Cedric Benson CHI 6.09

WR Terrell Owens DAL 2.09

WR Randy Moss OAK 3.02

TE Alge Crumpler ATL 7.02

This draft hasn't finished (antsports) I like the way it is going.

I honestly believe some fantasy people have lost their minds. I've seen waaay too many people picking kickers and defenses before rd 10. :D

Yeah kickers are very overrated I take them after I've established my starting lineup and bye week fillers. I must say though they're one thing less to worry about, when you get a guy like Rackers he is a guy you can just let roll the entire season and see huge #s for such a low pick.

Edited by broncosn05

I used a very odd style just to see what happened with this league to see if people reacted and if they mad mistakes. This is just the first 3 rounds of an ESPN mock draft.

While I would never ever use this style in a real draft it was interesting to see the reaction in a mock. This is the 10th straight time I have had the 8th or 9th pick. By the 5th round everyone had dropped out and left myself and one other guy doing all the picking.

Round: 1

(1) Team Scocozzo - LaDainian Tomlinson RB

(2) Team brostko - Larry Johnson RB

(3) Team PORTER - Shaun Alexander RB

(4) Team Rice - Clinton Portis RB

(5) Team johnson - Tiki Barber RB

(6) Team Martin - Edgerrin James RB

(7) Team Cecil - Ronnie Brown RB

** (8) Team Lynch - Chad Johnson WR

(9) Team Drewieske - Steven Jackson RB

(10) Team Collum - Peyton Manning QB

Round: 2

(11) Team Collum - Rudi Johnson RB

(12) Team Drewieske - LaMont Jordan RB

** (13) Team Lynch - Steve Smith WR

(14) Team Cecil - Domanick Davis RB

(15) Team Martin - Carnell Williams RB

(16) Team johnson - Willis McGahee RB

(17) Team Rice - Terrell Owens WR

(18) Team PORTER - Larry Fitzgerald WR

(19) Team brostko - Torry Holt WR

(20) Team Scocozzo - Marvin Harrison WR

Round: 3

(21) Team Scocozzo - Anquan Boldin WR

(22) Team brostko - Brian Westbrook RB

(23) Team PORTER - Kevin Jones RB

(24) Team Rice - Reuben Droughns RB

(25) Team johnson - Reggie Bush RB

(26) Team Martin - Randy Moss WR

(27) Team Cecil - Chris Chambers WR

** (28) Team Lynch - Antonio Gates TE

(29) Team Drewieske - Santana Moss WR

(30) Team Collum - Hines Ward WR

I used a very odd style just to see what happened with this league to see if people reacted and if they mad mistakes. This is just the first 3 rounds of an ESPN mock draft.

While I would never ever use this style in a real draft it was interesting to see the reaction in a mock. This is the 10th straight time I have had the 8th or 9th pick. By the 5th round everyone had dropped out and left myself and one other guy doing all the picking.

Round: 1

(1) Team Scocozzo - LaDainian Tomlinson RB

(2) Team brostko - Larry Johnson RB

(3) Team PORTER - Shaun Alexander RB

(4) Team Rice - Clinton Portis RB

(5) Team johnson - Tiki Barber RB

(6) Team Martin - Edgerrin James RB

(7) Team Cecil - Ronnie Brown RB

** (8) Team Lynch - Chad Johnson WR

(9) Team Drewieske - Steven Jackson RB

(10) Team Collum - Peyton Manning QB

Round: 2

(11) Team Collum - Rudi Johnson RB

(12) Team Drewieske - LaMont Jordan RB

** (13) Team Lynch - Steve Smith WR

(14) Team Cecil - Domanick Davis RB

(15) Team Martin - Carnell Williams RB

(16) Team johnson - Willis McGahee RB

(17) Team Rice - Terrell Owens WR

(18) Team PORTER - Larry Fitzgerald WR

(19) Team brostko - Torry Holt WR

(20) Team Scocozzo - Marvin Harrison WR

Round: 3

(21) Team Scocozzo - Anquan Boldin WR

(22) Team brostko - Brian Westbrook RB

(23) Team PORTER - Kevin Jones RB

(24) Team Rice - Reuben Droughns RB

(25) Team johnson - Reggie Bush RB

(26) Team Martin - Randy Moss WR

(27) Team Cecil - Chris Chambers WR

** (28) Team Lynch - Antonio Gates TE

(29) Team Drewieske - Santana Moss WR

(30) Team Collum - Hines Ward WR

Let's see the Rbs you ended up with --- just post your team... THis strategy in a 10 team league may work but a lot harder in 12 and above...

The Team set up for these mocks is start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 RB/WR, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

QB's

Eli Manning & Jake Plummer

RB's

Julius Jones, Cedric Benson, LenDale White, Marion Barber, Brian Calhoun

WR's

Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Donald Driver, Matt Jones, Jerry Porter, Kevin Curtis

TE

Antonio Gates

Def

Panthers

K

Vinatieri

It is not the best team, but I drafted it to see what would happen and there is only one team that wound up super strong because he didn't change his draft plan when I went with the odd style.

Edited by lynch19