[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nurse says TO taken out of context

Scooby

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually they said Rector or Hurd is #2 with Crayton #3.

"Parcells has said he probably wouldn't move third-year receiver Patrick Crayton into the starting lineup because he wants Crayton to continue playing on the nickel and spelling Glenn in standard sets. That means Hurd or possibly first-year backup Jamaica Rector would start if Owens is inactive. Rookie free agent Miles Austin also made the 53-man roster but hasn't been active for either of the Cowboys' first two games."

Thanks for the reply.

Jamaica?

this is really upsetting that a guy like him who has the world, would want to end his life. I just dont see how his life could be so hard.

ever read about his upbringing? his life has been less than easy, depsite the amount of financial success that he's currently enjoying. money ain't everything.

NFL Network is reporting Deion Sanders spoke to TO in the past hour and that everything is total BS. TO had a reaction between pain pills and supplements. I don't think this was a suicide attempt or publicity stunt. We'll find out more as the day goes on...

I think Primetime9287 will prove to be correct.

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens was taken to the hospital Tuesday night suffering from a reaction to pain medication prescribed to him a week ago following surgery to repair his broken hand.

Details have been sketchy, and no official announcement has been made by the Dallas Cowboys, the Dallas Police Department or officials at Baylor Medical Center as to why Owens was rushed to the hospital.

Cowboys officials have made no comment so far, other than to say a normal schedule of practice, open locker room and head coach Bill Parcells' daily news conference was planned for Wednesday as the team continues preparation for Sunday's game at Tennessee.

According to reports, Owens already has been released from the Baylor Medical Center.

According to reports, Owens seemed depressed Tuesday night and when publicist Kim Etheredge discovered he had mixed his pain medication prescribed to him Sept. 18, the day he underwent surgery to have a metal plate implanted in the back of his right hand to facilitate the healing of his fractured fourth metacarpal, along with other supplements, she called for emergency help.

KTVT reporter Gina Miller, at the Baylor emergency unit Tuesday night, reported she saw hospital personnel taking Owens on a gurney down a hallway and that vomiting was going to be induced.

Parcells said last Wednesday Owens had a bad reaction to pain medication and was sent home while the team had its first workout during the bye week. Owens returned to The Ranch on Thursday and actually did some running with the team on Friday.

As of Tuesday, when the Cowboys returned to practice from their bye weekend, Parcells hadn't ruled out the possibility of Owens returning Sunday against the Titans (noon, CDT), a potential 13-day turnaround from last Monday's surgery. Owens didn't practice Tuesday but began catching passes, and Parcells said he thought Owens would participate to some extent at practice Wednesday.

From the Cowboy's website

I'm still not buying the allergic reaction, because I don't think I've ever heard of inducing vomitting for that. But then again I'm no medical professional.

This story is a crock..TO in Philly will be a tremendous amount fo attention for those who said thats why he "did" this..I think the whole thing is a crock. He probably had the bad reaction or was out of sorts due to the pain meds and suppliments..

NFL Network is reporting Deion Sanders spoke to TO in the past hour and that everything is total BS. TO had a reaction between pain pills and supplements. I don't think this was a suicide attempt or publicity stunt. We'll find out more as the day goes on...

That's how it will be presented in the press conference, no doubt. Whether it's the truth or spin control is the real question. How could the police report be so wrong? I have a hard time buying the "misunderstanding".

someone tell me if any of these facts are in dispute:

- TO ingested 30+ pain pills

- his friend/publicist called 911 reporting a suicide attempt

- TO told police he was depressed and trying to harm himself

- medical staff either induced vomitting or pumped his stomach

and now the cowboys/TO spin machine is trying to sell this as an allergy, or some sort of "adverse reaction" that occurred because of supplements he was taking?

uh huh.

well, i guess the cowboys have to protect their investment in "the player". the health of "the player" is not really a concern.

What a clusterfudge this is turning into.

You know TO is going to say that it was all a big miscommunication. He left the hospital giving thumbs up and smiling. And, as someone said above, if he had actually tried to kill himself they would not be releasing him at this time.

I thought it was funny when Charles Barkley claimed to have been misquoted in his own autobiography, but being misquoted into a suicide attempt is something only TO could pull off.

and now the cowboys/TO spin machine is trying to sell this as an allergy, or some sort of "adverse reaction" that occurred because of supplements he was taking?

uh huh.

well, i guess the cowboys have to protect their investment in "the player". the health of "the player" is not really a concern.

The 30+ pills hasn't been confirmed by anyone. His publicist did call 911 but didn't report a suicide; the police cited that in one of their early reports. Werner on ESPN made a good point saying that you could say the publicist last night was acting as a friend and today is back at her job, attempting to spin this some sort of way.

All of these "facts" are in dispute.

This story is a crock..TO in Philly will be a tremendous amount fo attention for those who said thats why he "did" this..I think the whole thing is a crock. He probably had the bad reaction or was out of sorts due to the pain meds and suppliments..

I would buy this explanation if an official police report wasn't released :D

Yes, the Owens camp and Cowboys are wishing it remained private, but it wasn't.

As said above, the publicist reacted like a concerned friend last night when the authorities arrived, and told the truth so he got the proper medical attention, and today she is acting like a publicist.

Edited by charty