[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok..Reggie Bush is a bust

LooGie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For being a bust he sure does attract a lot of defensive attention. so just let them keep paying extra attention to him while the rest of the team performs at a high level. Defenses are saying we are not going to let Bush beat us. when they stop following him around all the time he'll bust loose, but until then the rest of the Saints will enjoy good games.

For being a bust he sure does attract a lot of defensive attention. so just let them keep paying extra attention to him while the rest of the team performs at a high level. Defenses are saying we are not going to let Bush beat us. when they stop following him around all the time he'll bust loose, but until then the rest of the Saints will enjoy good games.

I might just give a little bit of credit to the people making the plays. Colston, Brees, McAllister & the front seven might have a tad more to do with the Saints success than Bush, don't ya think???

I agree. From a coaches/team perspective, he's gold. Colston should send him flowers after every game. However, from a RB perspective. he's trash, thus far. Not just FF wise, but RB wise. :D I expected at least 1 80 yard rushing game out of the past 8 from him. :D

He's dancing too much and trying for the big college play and it just won't work. He needs to be patient, he needs to call LT and ask him how to wait for the holes to actually open, instead of bounce to the outside constantly.

I might just give a little bit of credit to the people making the plays. Colston, Brees, McAllister & the front seven might have a tad more to do with the Saints success than Bush, don't ya think???

:D

nobody said he single handedly gave them their winning season. He attracts alot of attention, and that opens quite a bit up for the other players. They still have to play well and capitalize.

He's dancing too much and trying for the big college play and it just won't work. He needs to be patient, he needs to call LT and ask him how to wait for the holes to actually open, instead of bounce to the outside constantly.

This is it in a nutshell. Everyone had him tagged as the next coming of Barry Sanders. His college running style won't get it on this level. With some time will come experience. He's got to learn to let his blocks develope and be patient. He's got to learn he can't do it all himself. He may be believing his own hype.

True they have to make the plays and they are but defenses following him on fake reverses and always having a man or two when he flares out helps the others get into position to make the plays and that all goes to Payton who is calling and devising the plays to make it happpen. Plus Brees has been golden bad shoulder and all and we won't even get into Colsten.

This is it in a nutshell. Everyone had him tagged as the next coming of Barry Sanders. His college running style won't get it on this level. With some time will come experience. He's got to learn to let his blocks develope and be patient. He's got to learn he can't do it all himself. He may be believing his own hype.

I dont think this is the case at all. I think he's DESPERATE (in his own mind) and he's trying for the big play just for own confidence. His confidence is so shaken that he's attempting to prove he can still do it. IMO anyway.

I dont think this is the case at all. I think he's DESPERATE (in his own mind) and he's trying for the big play just for own confidence. His confidence is so shaken that he's attempting to prove he can still do it. IMO anyway.

This may be true also. You don't really think about a pros confidence being shaken but it does happen and maybe he's pressing too much. :D

This may be true also. You don't really think about a pros confidence being shaken but it does happen and maybe he's pressing too much. :D

:D If i had to bet money, that's what I'd bet it on. This is the "most prolific blah blah blah Barry Sanders yatta yatta Jim Brown" so going 8 games where you basically look like a chump (minus 1 punt return for a TD) and it'll start to get to you, i would imagine.

Sure these guys are pros, but they also have ego's the size of planets and therefore, more susceptible to confidence problems.

If I not mistaken think the Vegas over/under prior to the season on the number of TD's Bush would get this year was 9 which included KO's and punt returns. He'll have to pick it up a notch to cover the over.

Being a Saints fan I still love having Bush on the team. Can't really explain it. Just having him on the field creates excitement as a fan. Granted if the Sainst were 2-6 I would be the first to declare him a bust.

He is still attracting the DEF and opening holes for everyone else on the OFF! I love what he brings to this team!

I'm sorry, but how long is this argument going to work? Don't opposing coaches watch tape?

At this point, if I were a defensive coordinator, it would be pretty clear to me that Bush isn't performing at a very high level. I certainly doubt he's getting double- and triple-teamed anymore. I mean, when he goes in motion pre-snap, a defender usually goes in motion, too -- just like they would for any RB. And when they fake a reverse to Bush, some of the defenders ACTUALLY get faked -- just like a lot of fake reverses.

I've been much more impressed with Brees, the offensive line, Colston, and the surprisingly decent defense. Those are the four reasons why the Saints are winning. Bush has very little to do with it.

I mean, when he goes in motion pre-snap, a defender usually goes in motion, too -- just like they would for any RB. And when they fake a reverse to Bush, some of the defenders ACTUALLY get faked -- just like a lot of fake reverses.

Got to wonder if some of those defenders just want to get a good hit on Bush. Knowing he is a media darling they will undoubtly make most NFL weekly highlites.

As long as they're winning & he's still drawing the attention from other defenses I couldn't care less how many yards he gains. Deuce has always been the primary back, as long as he gets his touches & yards it doesn't matter.

As long as they're winning & he's still drawing the attention from other defenses I couldn't care less how many yards he gains. Deuce has always been the primary back, as long as he gets his touches & yards it doesn't matter.

I am thankful for Bush in one regard, I was able to get Deuce in a dynasty league this year real, real cheap.

1.Colston and Brees sucess could be given a boost slightly by the fact that a lot of the time the opposing D will pull a linebacker off the field and bring in an extra db to account for Bush. That will also help the line, as its a lot easier to block a db than a lb.

2.Its a lot easier to run the ball whenever the passing attack is on fire, which a lot could be attributed to Bush being on the field.

Just saying.

You can't be a bust 8 weeks in. If he still dances next year at this time I'll say it. We need to remember this guy is what, 21 years old? Being 21 years old and having the weight of New Orleans on your back has to be tough. He'll be fine. Not Barry Sanders or Gale Sayers, but Brian Westbrook fine.

Maroney is a far superior NFL running back...I wish the Vikes had drafted him at #17

I often catch myself wishing CAR would've drafted him instead of DeAngelo, but that's blasphemy. DeAngelo hasn't had the chance to show what he's got, and well DeShaun may as well be a rookie. I'd rather have Bush at this point.

Once again, Bush isn't a RB, at least as we think of the classic NFL RB. Comparing him to Maroney or most other backs is like comparing a free safety to Brian Urlacher. I don't care what position they list him in. He's not a pure WR play, either. And that's all part of the problem. They're still figuring out how to use him. Add to that the fact that defenses are spying him -- and they are, just watch any game he's played this season -- and the fact that he was on a gimpy ankle Sunday, and you get the stats he puked up this week.

All of that said, he has not lived up to the hype, but the hype was out of control. Will he eventually be the player everyone wanted to think he is? Beats the heck out of me. Only time will tell that. But it's definitely far too early to be passing do-or-die judgments on the guy.

All of that said, he has not lived up to the hype, but the hype was out of control. Will he eventually be the player everyone wanted to think he is? Beats the heck out of me. Only time will tell that. But it's definitely far too early to be passing do-or-die judgments on the guy.

Sorry, but the "hype" factor isn't to blame either -- he was drafted #2 overall, and many thought he was the bar-none best player in the draft.

Forget about the "once-in-a-generation" talk. ANY #2 pick in ANY draft would be getting criticized right now with Bush's statistics. If anything, the "hype" factor has only delayed the criticism of all the people who were on the Reggie Bandwagon before the draft.

Edited by Swiss Cheezhead