[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Martz possibly to AZ!?

Avernus

Matt Leinart-QB-Cardinals Nov. 7 - 8:44 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that Mike Martz could be the leading candidate for the head coaching job in Arizona.

A nation of fantasy football owners can only hope. If Martz can turn Jon Kitna and Mike Furrey into gold in Detroit, just think what he could do for Matt Leinart and the Arizona wideouts' careers.

this would be outstanding for anyone who owns a Cardinal in a keeper...

this would be outstanding for anyone who owns a Cardinal in a keeper...

I have Fitzgerald and Edge in one keeper league and I just traded for Boldin in another, so bring him on! :D

Of course I also own Kevin Jones in the keeper league where I aquired Boldin, so his value could take a hit if Martz leaves. :D

Edited by tomfin2000

Well, he survived the bye week, so it looks like the Bidwells will let Green go down with the ship.

Martz becoming the Cards head coach is good news--for the other teams in the NFC West.

Martz has no ability to manage the clock, abandons the run early when it is working, and is basically outcoached by anything smarter than a box of rocks...

Well ... i guess ARI fans wouldn't really have to worry about this part anyway.

I heard Denny took a long walk on "The High Road" during the bye week. I expect good things, man, good things.

On a serious note, do you guys think anything positive will happen for the Cards the rest of the way with Fitz coming back? Could he help enough to get them back producing remotely like they used to?

I'm sure The Lions will do everything in there power to keep Martz :D

Like what? Promise not to sign Aaron Brooks in the offseason?

IMO, if Martz gets offered a HC job, there is no way he turns it down. His ego just won't let that happen.

Am I missing something? Are the lions going to the playoffs? The cardinals are a snake bit franchise. I live in AZ and would welcome a change, but not Martz. Is Bill Walsh still alive?

unfortunately, the presence of Martz doesn't add any style points to the defense...the secondary has been atrocious except when they faced Vick....the same ol' Vick...not the "new" Vick

:D

Martz should stick where he's successful - as an offensive coordinator.

Agree 100%.

Just because an OC is great does not mean he has all the right skills to be a great HC. Martz is creative and an innovator for an offense but as a HC, his reach exceeds his grasp.

I agree that he needs to stick with the OC job. He and Norv Turner are kind of similar to me--Absolute offensive geniuses, but can't get it going at the next level...

As an Edgerrin James, Larry Fitzgerald, and Matt Leinart owner in my dynasty, I'd welcome the change.

As a Kevin Jones and Roy Williams owner in the same league, I dont want to see it.