[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Same Old Bears!

Flyeaglesfly

I've been saying this all year, This is the same Bears team every year. Poor offense, great defense!

When they get breaks and turnovers for touchdowns they have a great regular season and blow a home playoff game. When they dont dominate on defense they struggle. I think that they are going to face the same result as 2001 & 2005!

2001- 13 & 3

lost home playoff game to Eagles

2005 - 11 & 5

lost home playoff game to Panthers

2006 12 & 4

lose home playoff game to a Wild card team

I cant see it ending any other way!

Out of those 3 teams I like this years the best.

The 2001 team had 4 games that they got lucky on. So far on this year’s team you can put Arizona in that lucky win.

Not once were the 2001 and 2005 teams considered the best in the NFC while these bears were in that category, all year till last week. And we will know a lot more after this 3 week trip for the bears.

Out of those 3 teams I like this years the best.

The 2001 team had 4 games that they got lucky on. So far on this year’s team you can put Arizona in that lucky win.

Not once were the 2001 and 2005 teams considered the best in the NFC while these bears were in that category, all year till last week. And we will know a lot more after this 3 week trip for the bears.

The only problem is that you have the same "guy" playing QB

Miller

Orton

Grossman

The '06 Bears have a "poor offense"? Apparently you haven't been watching very closely. :D

The '01 Bears couldn't throw the ball for crap (Miller, Matthews) and were only good on defense against the run. Their secondary was marginal.

The '05 Bears had an even weaker passing game than the '01 team and their secondary played terribly in the playoffs against CAR.

The '06 Bears do a much better job of moving the chains and are rock-solid on defense.

As for the Eagles, their defense has fallen apart over the past couple of years, they can't run the ball to save their lives, and McNabb isn't going to throw for 350 yards and 3 TDs in Soldier Field in January.

I've been saying this all year, This is the same Bears team every year. Poor offense, great defense!

When they get breaks and turnovers for touchdowns they have a great regular season and blow a home playoff game.

The '06 Bears do a much better job of moving the chains and are rock-solid on defense.

I agree the offense is nowhere near the 01' and 05' season. However I think if they don't start running with some consistency they are gonna be a 1 game exit from the playoffs. Majority of the season the running game has been stagnant, and when it has been effective (like last sunday) they don't stick with it and let Grossman throw to the other team. Jones & Benson were gashing the Dolphins D for 10+ yds at a time in the 2nd half.

However I think if they don't start running with some consistency they are gonna be a 1 game exit from the playoffs.

Agreed that their running game need improvement. It isn't at the same level as last year. That said, I don't see them being one-and-done in the playoffs this year regardless, especially considering that they'll likely have home-field advantage and that the Giants and Saints are the only other elite teams in the NFC.

As for the Eagles, their defense has fallen apart over the past couple of years, they can't run the ball to save their lives, and McNabb isn't going to throw for 350 yards and 3 TDs in Soldier Field in January.

I did not know we were talking about the Eagles and their weakness, but thank you for even thinking that

they would make the playoffs this year. Anyway, you can keep drinking the Kool-aid if you want but, the Bears will find it very difficult to advance in the playoffs. Infact, it will be down right next to impossible for the Bears to win in the playoffs because their offense SUCKS. You can point to all the #s you want, but Grossman does not have the experence or talent to beat a solid playoff team.

Edited by Flyeaglesfly

I did not know we were talking about the Eagles and their weakness, but thank you for even thinking that

they would make the playoffs this year. Anyway, you can keep drinking the cool aid if you want but, the Bears will find it very difficult to advance in the playoffs. Infact, it will be down right next to impossible for the Bears to win in the playoffs because their offense SUCKS. You can point to all the #s you want, but Grossman does not have the experence or talent to beat a solid playoff team.

It's Kool-Aid, not "cool aid", Einstein.

The Bears offense does not suck. Not this year. Their passing game is good (despite Grossman being mistake-prone) and they run the ball reasonably well. They're second in the league in points scored. And since you didn't do your homework, you probably also missed the Grossman-lead Bears putting up 21 points and only turning the ball over once in the playoffs last season.

Thanks for playing. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

This Bears team is much better than the '01, '05 version. This one has an offense which not only gives the D more of a rest, but gives them leads to protect as well.

However, lets face it. They play in a weak division, and their schedule thus far has been cupcake. GB, Det, Minny, Sea, Buff, Ari, SF, and Mia so far. 23-41 combined, with only Sea having a winning record. They have a bit tougher a schedule in the second half, so it will be more a measuring stick there. Playing cupcakes sure doesn't properly prepare a team for a playoff though. I don't think they'll be one and done, but they wont be in the SB either...

It's Kool-Aid, not "cool aid", Einstein.

The Bears offense does not suck. Not this year. Their passing game is good (despite Grossman being mistake-prone) and they run the ball reasonably well. They're second in the league in points scored. And since you didn't do your homework, you probably also missed the Grossman-lead Bears putting up 21 points and only turning the ball over once in the playoffs last season.

Thanks for playing. :D

But they lost the Game! You play to win the game, you play to win the Game!

Once again, put what ever numbers you want, their offense will not be in the top 10 at years end!

They just dont have the talent on the offensive side of the ball, the injuries are starting to add up on d-fense.

oh, by the way!

McNabb put up 262pyds 2ptd & 1rtd in Jan in Chi. in the playoffs 2001(I was there)

and it is well documented that Einstein was a bad speller!

and you shouldn't be so bitter, you'll die young and alone

Edited by Flyeaglesfly

Thats a good point, although I think the Sea O last year was head and shoulders better than the current Bears O.

No doubt about that... especially on the ground.

But they lost the Game! You play to win the game, you play to win the Game!

But you said that their offense SUCKED. And you were WRONG. :bash: The Bears lost that game because their secondary let Steve Smith tear them a new one, not because of their offense.

Once again, put what ever numbers you want, their offense will not be in the top 10 at years end!

They just dont have the talent on the offensive side of the ball,

I never said that they'd be in the Top 10 at the end of the year. But they certainly don't SUCK.

Duh, uh, put up whatever numbers you want, but Tom Brady isn't a HOF quarterback :D

the injuries are starting to add up on d-fense.

Who? Outside of Mike Brown, all of the other starters are healthy. Urlacher is playing this weekend.

Just shut up. You have no idea what you're talking about.

oh, by the way!

McNabb put up 262pyds 2ptd & 1rtd in Jan in Chi. in the playoffs 2001(I was there)

And that means jack sh!t in 2006. But thanks for playing. :clap:

and you shouldn't be so bitter, you'll die young and alone

This coming from a Beagles fan whose team has NEVER won a Super Bowl. :D

The Bears don't advance if they don't get their run game in shape. It's as simple as that.

FWIW - I hope this is Orton's taem in a 2 seasons. Even as a rookie, he didn't panic the way Glassman has been exposed as doing in his games.

Orton will be out of the league next year.

IMO Miami just matched up well with the Bears last week. despite how badly people say that Miami has played they have been a very good team against the run all year. on the otherhand the Bears are still 1 demensional. you are not seeing it because teams have dedicated themselves to stopping the Bears run and are leaving the pass wide open for the Bears. Miami has a good enough run defense that they did not have to use their secondary to help the run game out at all which meant for the 1st time this year Grossman had to play against a secondary that's only chore was to stop him and the recievers. and we seen what we.

Also the 1 place where the Bears can be exploited on defense is by teams number 1 WR's. they have been the weak spot on this Bears defense for the last few years and IMO the only weak spot on the defense.and this week Chambers was able to exploit it a little.

The most amazing thing that I seen happen in that game this week was Miami running the ball like they did. I never expected that. I am very interested to see how these next few teams run the ball against them. IMO it will tell us how good the Bears actually are.