[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jim Mora Jr.'s Comments

Huddled Masses

Jim Mora Jr. said in an interview on Seattle radio that he would leave the Falcons in the middle of a playoff run if the University of Washington job was available. Heard the audio on Sirius radio. He made it a point to say that he was serious about his comments.

What does that tell you about the Falcons HC job?

You can download it from here: http://www.kjram.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Or read it here:

Interviewer: If there's an opening, and you're available, we want you to coach the Huskies.

Mora: Well, I really have a lot of respect for Ty, and I know he'll do a great job. But if he ever decides to move on, and get in the NFL or you know, go back to Notre Dame or whatever, if that job's open you'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job.

Interviewer: If you're available.

Mora: It doesn't even matter if I'm available.

Interviewer: So if you just won the Super Bowl, and it's available, you're there?

Mora: I'd be there

Interviewer: You're there, okay.

Mora: I'd do it, I promise you that. Now, I want to see Ty succeed, and I want to see that program succeed. But if he decides at some point that he's ready to move on and they want me, I will be there. I don't care if we're in the middle of a playoff run, I'm packing my stuff and coming back to Seattle.

Interviewer: So, are you saying...

Mora: You know, it's funny, and I mean that, and I'm dead serious, the further I get away from it the more I'm drawn to it. You know, that's the job I want, so...

Interviewer: You would leave the Falcons for that job?

Mora: Absolutely.

Interviewer: Wow.

Mora: Yeah. As I sit here, I'm looking at a Husky helmet.

You can download it from here: http://www.kjram.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Or read it here:

Interviewer: If there's an opening, and you're available, we want you to coach the Huskies.

Mora: Well, I really have a lot of respect for Ty, and I know he'll do a great job. But if he ever decides to move on, and get in the NFL or you know, go back to Notre Dame or whatever, if that job's open you'll find me at the friggin' head of the line with my resume in my hand ready to take that job.

Interviewer: If you're available.

Mora: It doesn't even matter if I'm available.

Interviewer: So if you just won the Super Bowl, and it's available, you're there?

Mora: I'd be there

Interviewer: You're there, okay.

Mora: I'd do it, I promise you that. Now, I want to see Ty succeed, and I want to see that program succeed. But if he decides at some point that he's ready to move on and they want me, I will be there. I don't care if we're in the middle of a playoff run, I'm packing my stuff and coming back to Seattle.

Interviewer: So, are you saying...

Mora: You know, it's funny, and I mean that, and I'm dead serious, the further I get away from it the more I'm drawn to it. You know, that's the job I want, so...

Interviewer: You would leave the Falcons for that job?

Mora: Absolutely.

Interviewer: Wow.

Mora: Yeah. As I sit here, I'm looking at a Husky helmet.

Starts around minute 13:00 for anyone interested in listening. Maybe a little tongue in cheek, but if I were a Falcons fan, I would want him gone.

I just hear Mora Jr on ESPN radio. He said he was talking to his old college roommate. He meant it to be very tongue-in-cheek. He said it didn't come out the way he intended. Didn't listen to the rest as I was alredy back home.

I just hear Mora Jr on ESPN radio. He said he was talking to his old college roommate. He meant it to be very tongue-in-cheek. He said it didn't come out the way he intended. Didn't listen to the rest as I was alredy back home.

I hope he doesn't get fired...the guy is a moran. :D

He still has to know better than to joke around this way. If I'm Mr. Home Depot, Ie's fired before the interview ends.

It's Ok to have a sense of humor, but he's gotta consider his current employer before doing so.

As a Falcons fan I'm not sure how to react. I think I will reserve judgement until I get home and can hear the audio. But even so he had to know that this wasn't a good idea, joke or not.

It amazes me how often people turn off their brain when a microphone is put before them.

I'm from Atlanta and I heard the interview. There's no way he can say he was just joking. Mr. Blank should fire him today!!!

Boy did he ever blow that. :D

His excuse was that he made those off the cuff remarks because he was too comfortable with the host, an old College buddy.

Don't matter Jr, you wore your loyalties on your sleeve in public & it ain't the Falcons. :D

I doubt he's the Falcons HC next year.

When I first read, I figured he was kidding. Why would anyone in the right mind say that if they weren't joking. Falcon fans need to cut him some slack. :D