[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How far have we come?

DMD

Just for a retrospective and some nostalgia, Whitney and I were talking about The Huddle as it was in 1997 and how much it has changed and evolved over the years. I told Whitney that I wished I could see what it was when we first began and because Whitney is about as detailed oriendted as anyone on the planet - HE FOUND A COPY OF THE OLD SITE.

In 1997 when there was pretty much nothing out there yet for fantasy football, we were considered to be "the bomb".

So sit back and see what it was that began in 1997.

The Huddle web site as it was at the end of 1997

Some links are broken but many are still there.

Man, we're those the days.... A lot easier then too...

Enjoy....

The Huddle was not created to peddle cheatsheets to the casual player nor changing each February to cover Fantasy Ping Pong.

If you ever change your mind about this, I'd be happy to do a weekly article. The first one will be titled "Table Tennis v. Ping Pong - separating the men from the boys"

It's nice to see that the origins of an art form have been preserved for posterity. You kind of forget how rudimentary the internet and most sites were just 9 years ago. That was a nice trip in the way back machine!

It's nice to see that the origins of an art form have been preserved for posterity. You kind of forget how rudimentary the internet and most sites were just 9 years ago. That was a nice trip in the way back machine!

Yep. Not only were web sites much more basic, we were nearly all of us on dialup. Some of us had progressed as far as 56k modems. :D

If you ever change your mind about this, I'd be happy to do a weekly article. The first one will be titled "Table Tennis v. Ping Pong - separating the men from the boys"

This will do for Fantasy Ping Pong what the forward pass did for Fantasy Football.

Just give me the word and I'll start the first league. :D

Edited by Puddy

Boys Will be Boys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Top 10 Cowboy Lines

1. What do you call a drug ring in Dallas? ..... A huddle.

2. Four Dallas Cowboys in a car, who's driving? ..... The police.

3. Why can't Irvin get into a huddle anymore?.....it is a parole violation for him to associate with known felons.

4. Doctors say because of Irvin's broken clavicle, it will be 6-8 weeks before he can video a teammate having sex.

5. I understand Chicago is trying to sign Irvin. They got rid of the refrigerator, so now they want a coke machine.

6. It's reported that Texas Stadium will remove the artificial turf since the cowboys play better on "grass."

7. The Dallas Cowboys adopted a new "Honor System." Yes your Honor, No your Honor.

8. The Cowboys had a 12 and 5 season this year: 12 arrests, 5 convictions.

9. The Cowboys knew they had to do something for their defense, so they hired Johnny Cochran.

10. How do the Dallas Cowboys spend their first week at spring training? Studying the Miranda Rights.

:D

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane. We started our league 10 years when we founded a league with some friends I grew up with... it's then that I found The Huddle after doing a web search.

The Huddle was my little secret for a couple years but soon everyone would find it.

It is amazing to see how much TheHuddle and fantasy football in general has grown during that time.

I remember when the site first decided to charge for membership. I never thought twice about paying for membership and have found it to be a great value and TheHuddle improves every year.

Thanks for all the work and the great service/product/experience that is TheHuddle.com

Russ

Edited by RussMan