[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tony Kornheiser

Skilly

Saw this on Peter King's column today:

Who I Like Tonight, and I Mean Tony Kornheiser

No game tonight, obviously. But a personal note here: Tony, you've done a far better job than the critics give you credit for. Far better. You've been irreverent, a great foil for Joe Theismann, and critical when need be -- all while showing affection for the game. If this is your only year doing the games, I'll miss you next fall. And I would also ask this question to the TV establishment: Who exactly do we want, or perhaps what do we want, in our Monday night booth? A TV guy? A jock? An erudite guy with a quick, self-deprecating wit? The only guy who is all of the above is Cris Collinsworth, and unless he wants to work nine days a week, he's not available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I didn't watch too many MNF games this year, but of what I did watch, I didn't mind Kornheiser. I thought bringing in the celebreties for a little chit-chat each game was stupid, and that should be dropped, but as a whole the production was not as bad as I thought it might be.

No game tonight, obviously. But a personal note here: Tony, you've done a far better job than the critics give you credit for. Far better. You've been irreverent, a great foil for Joe Theismann, and critical when need be -- all while showing affection for the game. If this is your only year doing the games, I'll miss you next fall. And I would also ask this question to the TV establishment: Who exactly do we want, or perhaps what do we want, in our Monday night booth? A TV guy? A jock? An erudite guy with a quick, self-deprecating wit? The only guy who is all of the above is Cris Collinsworth, and unless he wants to work nine days a week, he's not available.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tiki?

What a publicity stunt. :D

+1

Can't help but feel that this guy sold his teamates out, a real warrior would want to play as long as possible .

ie/Jerry Rice

Although, He he did single handedly win one of my local SBs for me with his wk 17 performance. :bash::D

Back to topic;Kornheiser was better than Dennis Miller was IMO ,so I guess it could be worse. The celebrity stuff has to go though, MNF is not the place for it.

+1

Can't help but feel that this guy sold his teamates out, a real warrior would want to play as long as possible .

ie/Jerry Rice

Although, He he did single handedly win one of my local SBs for me with his wk 17 performance. :D:D

Back to topic;Kornheiser was better than Dennis Miller was IMO ,so I guess it could be worse. The celebrity stuff has to go though, MNF is not the place for it.

I know what you mean. At the end he was thinking more about his shows than his teammates. His afent negotiating deals while the season was still going was bad. NFL coaches van't do deals until the season is over and he shouldn't either.

+1

ie/Jerry Rice

I know what you mean. At the end he was thinking more about his shows than his teammates. His afent negotiating deals while the season was still going was bad. NFL coaches van't do deals until the season is over and he shouldn't either.

You guys crack me up. Are you guys of value to your company? You better not leave until you retire. You don't want to sell your co-workers out.

If the guy doesn't want to play anymore, he shouldn't play. It's a job.

And if you aren't thinking about you and you family over your employer or co-workers, there is something wrong with you.

EDIT: Oh, and I like Kornheiser. He adds some entertainment value. I'm pretty sure that I know enough about football that I don't need some ex-jock in the both telling me what's going on.

Edited by Furd

Love Tony. Have for years. The guy watches sports for the same reasons we watch sports. The New York kid in him comes out a lot. The best part about Tony is that he really understands the relationship between the sport and the people that watch. He tries to blend with the game which is something a lot of color analysts haven't picked up on, and he's a newbie. Drop Theismann, give him Maguire. The two of them may not get things done, but they would be one helluva entertaining team. I thought the celebrities were ridiculous....with the exception of Wilbon--that guy knows how to talk football. Tony says more interesting things during a broadcast than everybody but the top couple.

If the guy doesn't want to play anymore, he shouldn't play. It's a job.

Being a starting RB in the NFL is not just a "job" IMO. The concepts of glory and history come into play here for him and for his posterity. I hope he does well WATCHING the contests next season with the likes of theisman and cornholio and collecting the big broadcast paycheck. Just seems like a waste of a god given gift to me. :D