[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Horn

SLAYER

as a Saint. He is due a million in march and salary for next year 4+ mil. injury issues the past 2 yrs. The Saints would love to keep him ,but for a lesser salary. Horn still thinks he is a #1 wr and stated that he will NOT restructure his contract to stay with the Saints. If they approach him about this he will turn in his helmet, wish them luck and move on to another team. :D wise move on his part or not. Don't know what kind of salary he would draw as a FA. do you think he is worth 4+ mil.

Vikings could use an old dog veteran receiver even if he is only healthy for half of the games. :D

I think the Saints have found their future in Colston and Henderson. Will be interesting to see if they re-sign Copper too. Horn has been a classy and telented WR for New Orleans, but the writing is on the wall here.

If the Eagles fail to give Stallworth the $$$$ he is sure to want on the free agent market, I think Horn would look good in green. He wouldn't be required to be a deep threat here....Brown and Baskett have proven more than worthy in that role.

A possession WR with solid hands, like Horn (or Moulds), would fit in just fine.

Vikings could use an old dog veteran receiver even if he is only healthy for half of the games. :D

I think the Saints have found their future in Colston and Henderson. Will be interesting to see if they re-sign Copper too. Horn has been a classy and telented WR for New Orleans, but the writing is on the wall here.

Yeah. Add Horn, Porter, and Stallworth and then trade up to grab Calvin Johnson. Our WR problem would be solved.

Horn will be 35 next year and only Rod Smith and Keenan McCardell will be older (if they do not both retire). Horn is the same age as Harrison but has been dogged with nagging injuries for the last three years. He'll likely play and he'll likely not go for all 16 games. He's valuable for the role he can play but his numbers are almost certain to resemble last year more than his previous ones.

Colston , henderson and copper can easily fill any void left by horn in nola imo

Sean Payton certainly seems to think so. Some pretty convincing talk around here (NOLA) from very reliable sources that Horn was healthy enough to have played vs the Eagles and at Chicago, but he obviously was not activated for either game.

I read today wher Horn mentioned on his radio show that he wouldn't mind restructuring if he was still gauranteed getting the same amount of money in the end. I think he really wants to stay in New Orleans & I know they really would like to keep him so hopefully cap-genius Mickey Loomis can work something out that they can both be happy with.

Sean Payton certainly seems to think so. Some pretty convincing talk around here (NOLA) from very reliable sources that Horn was healthy enough to have played vs the Eagles and at Chicago, but he obviously was not activated for either game.

Why the hell would they put Copper out there instead of a healthy-enough Horn? Or is Horn pulling an "John Abraham" and intentionally sitting because he thinks that re-aggravating his injury might lower his value on the free-agent market later this year?

Why the hell would they put Copper out there instead of a healthy-enough Horn? Or is Horn pulling an "John Abraham" and intentionally sitting because he thinks that re-aggravating his injury might lower his value on the free-agent market later this year?

Just the opposite. IMHO Payton gambled & sat Horn in hopes he would be fresh & healthy for the Superbowl. Not sure if it would have made a difference, but Horn DEFINATELY wanted to play and was very vocal about it locally. He also said he would stand by whatever decision Payton made because he understood what it would cost the team if he were to get injured early again. Sources say he probably could have played, but Payton wanted to play it safe with him.

Edited by rajncajn

Just the opposite. IMHO Payton gambled & sat Horn in hopes he would be fresh & healthy for the Superbowl. Not sure if it would have made a difference, but Horn DEFINATELY wanted to play and was very vocal about it locally. He also said he would stand by whatever decision Payton made because he understood what it would cost the team if he were to get injured early again. Sources say he probably could have played, but Payton wanted to play it safe with him.

Save him for the Superbowl? Cmon, I might buy Payton playing it safe and sitting him in the Divisonal round but that's about it. The Conference championship is a pretty important game tp be "saving" someone. Ironically, I seem to recall every week during the playoffs Horn was quoted as saying he was still only about 80% healthy and now we here he's saying he was fine enough to play???

Personally I think Payton looked at Horn each week and was never convinced he was 100% ready to go and couldn't afford to give up a roster spot to a guy who might only make it for 4 plays. Had nothing to do with "saving" him in my mind.

Besides, what do you expect Horn to say now? He didn't want to play?

Edited by myhousekey

I think Horn should retire and go work for Verizon.

Good call - he's been much better running his mouth in recent years than catching balls.

Still, I will always be grateful to him - I got him cheap year after year when he was putting up big numbers with Brooks. :D

Save him for the Superbowl? Cmon, I might buy Payton playing it safe and sitting him in the Divisonal round but that's about it. The Conference championship is a pretty important game tp be "saving" someone. Ironically, I seem to recall every week during the playoffs Horn was quoted as saying he was still only about 80% healthy and now we here he's saying he was fine enough to play???

Personally I think Payton looked at Horn each week and was never convinced he was 100% ready to go and couldn't afford to give up a roster spot to a guy who might only make it for 4 plays. Had nothing to do with "saving" him in my mind.

Besides, what do you expect Horn to say now? He didn't want to play?

You and I both know even at 80% Horn would most definately play. I agree, as I said I think the main reason he held him out was because he didn't want to risk losing him early in the game. But I think he also did it in hopes that he could get healthy for the Superbowl if they made it.