[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Hurt My Shoulder

spain

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Would the HGH help?

I had to get off that crap. it was jacking up my hands. I couldnt straighten out my ring and middle finger out unless I took the other hand and pulled my hand open. That was some wierd shi@te to be honest.

Like other huddlers have mentioned it sounds like rotator cuff tendinitis. I have had this so many times that I have lost a lot of flexibility in my right shoulder. It takes a long time to heal (because there is not a lot of blood flow to that area) and I'm talking months. Same issue you have with rib injuries. You can greatly reduce the amount of healing time and more likely gain back flexibility by doing the proper stretches and exercises. An easy way to tell if it is rotator cuff is to take your left hand and reach behind your back and try to touch your right shoulder blade. Then do so with your right arm to left shoulder blade If it is painful and you can't reach your opposite shoulder blade that is probably what it is. If it is really painful it could be torn-not good.

The doc can send you to a physical therapist or you can find exercises on line. Just keyword search rotator cuff tendinitis. You've got to do these stretches and exercises everyday for 20-30 minutes for the next couple of months and no more upper body work until the pain is gone. I'd start with just the stretches 'cause if it is torn and you do strenghening exercises, you could further injure yourself. Don't do strengthening until the pain is just a little annoyance. It's a pain in the butt to do these stretches but if you do them you won't end up like me.

I was in the gym on Monday working out my shoulders. I was using a barbell doing military presses with 175 pounds, which is my max for 3 reps.

Funny, you don't look like you put up that sorta weight.

Spain , appears you may have hurt your rotator cuff ...and with pitchers and catchers reporting in a week , that is not good

:D I had to take a Walmart-level federal physical (height, weight, vitals, pee in a cup, turn yer head an cough, off with ya!) and mentioned the pain I'd been having in my GOOD shoulder (which really pisses me off - the one I blew out, I expect to have sh*t go wrong with, but dammit, not my GOOD one!) and he said it was a rotator cuff injury - and then told a beverage distribution route salesman to "just limit the reaching you do with that arm, especially above shoulder-level"; fortunately, he didn't seem too upset when I laughed in his face.

I would bet if you ice it, take some ibuprofen, and give it some rest you'll be fine.

Good info here. A muscle tear or strain is the most probable diagnosis. Ice during the first 24 hours plus NSAID's like ibuprofen around the clock are the best initial treatment. After that NSAID's as needed and RESTING the shoulders will promote good healing.

I hope its not your rotator cuff. Some of the symptoms sound the same but I'm sure there could be numerous shoulder injuries with similar pains.

Shoulder workouts are a very common cause of injury in people that lift alot. They get past the morons that do stupid things like drop a bar on their chest trying to lift too much weight. After that, shoulder workouts and leg workouts seem to be the most prone to produce injuries, even when the form is good.

There aren't even any machines that do a good job of forcing perfect form in order to avoid injury. Hammer Strength makes a good plate loaded shoulder press machine that takes the stabilizers out of the lift, but even then a simple flex in the neck and you're looking at an injury.

Stick with the ice, avoid inflamation but if it doesn't improve quickly, have an MD check it out. A shoulder injury isn't something to mess with or try to work through. I was out of lifting for 18 months because of a lifting injury that I tried to ignore.

Funny, you don't look like you put up that sorta weight.

I am a southerner. We are naturally stronger. Think Chuck Norris and Teddy Bruschi mulitplied by 10. Just getting back into it and I am already benching 275 pounds for 3 reps. Was trying to build it up to 325 by summer. Looks like I am going to be set back awhile by this shoulder injury. It is hurting like a mofo whenever I move it. And I hurt it on Monday morning.

Take a break spain and just watch the world's strongest man competitions on espn

Nothing like watching a swede lift up a volkswagon beetle and carry it like 100 yards and drop it down like a small bag of groceries

I enjoy those strongest man competitions. But those dudes are f'n HUGH. Obviously, you have to be to move that sort of weight.