[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What a night

isleseeya

ended up being wheeled out of my house in an ambulance last night after having a severe allergic reaction to an antibiotic i began taking ...Broke out in hives , started having problems breathing , got real weak and disoriented ...even taking two benadryl's when symptoms began offered little relief

Great hospital by ( Centre State in Freehold , NJ ) , set me up with IV of steroids , more benadryl and more meds ...within 2 hours i was back to normal , although real tired and groggy today

No fun having your kids watch as you are being wheeled away in ambulance ...and I know one antibiotic i will never be taking again

regaining your health after a scare and having good people work on you to help you get better , is quite a gift ...a blessing from God imo

Glad yer ok. Sounds scary.

Glad yer okay.

Sometimes the cure is worse than the problem, huh?

:D

Glad your ok!

Thanks a bunch to all the huddler brethren for their well wishes :tup: ...scariest part is i had to call ambulance on my own as my wife was picking up my oldest daughter ...and I could barely speak into the phone ...911 dispatcher says , keep your door open in case you pass out so paramedics can get in :D

Thankfully i did not pass out

Edited by isleseeya

That must have sucked. At least now you have something to say when they ask you if you are allergic to any medications. I had an allergic reaction one time and my face completely swelled up and one eye shut. Felt like I had just ran two consecutive marathongs too. Glad you're okay!

That must have sucked. At least now you have something to say when they ask you if you are allergic to any medications. I had an allergic reaction one time and my face completely swelled up and one eye shut. Felt like I had just ran two consecutive marathongs too. Glad you're okay!

I think I remember that pic from an old Mystery Huddler thread. :D

i looked like a lizard with my hives ...and my nutz were very itchy ( they really were ) ...glad i shaved them beforehand :D

Should have called BC. I hear he has experience with itchy Lizard nutz.

Good to hear all is well. I'm not allergic to any meds that I'm aware of. However, the legumes family kicks my ass pretty good. Peas, lentils, etc. swell me up til I look like Will Smith in the movie Hitch.