[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm F'in PO'ed

darin3

PS - Killer hangover today and for some reason I think I was at a party with lesbos and monkeys yesterday. :D

I was home all night so it couldn't have been me.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest here--Darin, your posts last night read as though you were in a slightly less than sober angry mood.

And if your fiancee was puking just after they threw her out, then the bouncers definitely made the right call or else they (or some other bar employee) would have been stuck cleaning up the puke inside the bar.

They probably have people forget their credit cards 2-3 times per week and they aren't going to run up a bunch of bogus charges with the card.

And, finally, getting thrown out a bar is no big deal. I've been tossed a number of times (Twiley will be amused to learn that I even once got tossed from Uncle Bill's Pancake House on Kingshighway--edit to add: although that was a bogus situation).

As for stiffing the bartender, it wasn't his/her fault that your fiancee got tossed, so it seems unfair to not tip them.

Edited by wiegie

Last night I was tending bar and this group of people were drunk. The guy's girlfriend was stumbling all over the place and spilling drinks, so I had the bouncer boot 'em. You should of seen the look on their faces. :doh:

Next thing you know, the idiot forgot his credit card and driver's license and tried to get back in. On St. Patrick's Day no less. :D

The funniest part of this story is I tipped myself 40%, and now me and the boys are having a nice breakfast on his credit card. I think we're gonna head to Best Buy next and get us a big screen for the NCAA tourney.

Can you say, cha-ching? :D:D:tup:

And, finally, getting thrown out a bar is no big deal. I've been tossed a number of times (Twiley will be amused to learn that I even once got tossed from Uncle Bill's Pancake House on Kingshighway).

I have difficulty equating an economics professor with a bar yahoo being dumped on his ass on the sidewalk. :D

On St. Paddy's day, bars hire a bunch of temp bouncers and servers just to cover the volume. Me and my friend went to our regular irish pub and got in early... there was a guy at the door who we've never seen before who put his hand on my chest to stop me on my way in and asked for ID.

"My ID??", I said... "MY ID?? You show me YOUR ID, Assface! Do you have any idea who I am???!??!"

Ok, I didn't say that. But it was weird to have some unknown momo treating me like a dooosh at a bar where they know my name. A bunch of drunks were hassling the normal waitresses, and then our friend who got there late had to wait in a line. When he got in, he said that he actually did try the "I'm a regular here... just ask Dave behind the bar." line, but it didn't work.

I have difficulty equating an economics professor with a bar yahoo being dumped on his ass on the sidewalk. :D

Wiegie and another professor chose to take it outside after a heated exchange over the GNP

Leave it to a La. coonazz to get thrown out of a Texas bar. Number of times I've been thrown out of a bar in La.=0, Number of times I've been thrown out of a bar in Texas=3

They just don't appreciate our spending money in their establishments.

Im sure thats what you said to him..Hence the melee

Whomp, I know after chatting in the poker room how you feel about the GNP vs the GDP debate, so it would be good here if you simmer down before you and wiegie start fighting like Grits v Everyone.

Edited by Chief Dick

Whomp, I know after chatting in the poker room how you feel about the GNP vs the GDP debate, so it would be good here if you simmer down before you and wiegie start fighting like Grits v Everyone.

Chief..I just dont get the anti GNP sentiment ..Maybe its me..Ill never rest until people see it my way..

Leave it to a La. coonazz to get thrown out of a Texas bar. Number of times I've been thrown out of a bar in La.=0, Number of times I've been thrown out of a bar in Texas=3

They just don't appreciate our spending money in their establishments.

At some point over the 7 years I've hung out in the Tailgate (that ought to narrow it down), there was a thread about Texas cops cracking down on public drunkenness in bars. They would actually have undercover cops arresting drunk people in bars.

Does that sound like a New Orleans mentality?

Frickin Texas. I hate them so much.

That's very true but I will apply guilt by association. That's exactly what they did. I was completely sober (drinking water, but did have a shot with the Army boys) and not exhibiting ANY sign of outlandish drunkenness... and yet we were given zero warning.

Darin - what's the big deal? You weren't drinking (spending much money) and the ones with you were hammered. So they flush you guys out, because there's a line of people waiting to take your spots inside. That's not out of line for the bar, it's good business for the bar.

I cannot believe, after having gone to UT Austin that there is OUTRAGE!!!!! that.......you were tossed out of a bar on St Paddy's Day on 6th Street, when your finace was puke drunk.

F'ing sun rose this morning too!!!!!! :D

I'll be honest here--Darin, your posts last night read as though you were in a slightly less than sober angry mood.

And if your fiancee was puking just after they threw her out, then the bouncers definitely made the right call or else they (or some other bar employee) would have been stuck cleaning up the puke inside the bar.

They probably have people forget their credit cards 2-3 times per week and they aren't going to run up a bunch of bogus charges with the card.

And, finally, getting thrown out a bar is no big deal. I've been tossed a number of times (Twiley will be amused to learn that I even once got tossed from Uncle Bill's Pancake House on Kingshighway--edit to add: although that was a bogus situation).

As for stiffing the bartender, it wasn't his/her fault that your fiancee got tossed, so it seems unfair to not tip them.

Nah I would admit it if I was anything other than sober angry. I hadn't had a drink in awhile and the adrenaline /8 block walk to the truck definitely sobered me up 100%. After the crap I've been through the past 2-3 years, there wasn't any way I was driving unless I honestly felt fine. If I hadn't, I would have put her in a cab with one of her friends and would have gone to get the truck later.

I'm not sure if she was puking, stumbling, or what... but they should have at least afforded me the opportunity to pay my bill, especially since they require you leave your ID with the card.

What pisses me off most now is the fact that I have to ride my bike downtown as a/ would rather not drive without license (even for short-ish distance) and b/ SXSW is still going on and parking would be a nightmare.

:D

Darin - what's the big deal? You weren't drinking (spending much money) and the ones with you were hammered. So they flush you guys out, because there's a line of people waiting to take your spots inside. That's not out of line for the bar, it's good business for the bar.

I cannot believe, after having gone to UT Austin that there is OUTRAGE!!!!! that.......you were tossed out of a bar on St Paddy's Day on 6th Street, when your finace was puke drunk.

F'ing sun rose this morning too!!!!!! :D

I'm really not bitter about getting tossed... I'm bitter about not being given the opportunity to get my credit card and license.

If this happened to me, ( and it did before) I'd never give the owner of that bar another nickel, I don't care if it's the most happening/favorite place I'd ever been in. But that's just me.

:D We'll see...

Nah I would admit it if I was anything other than sober angry. I hadn't had a drink in awhile and the adrenaline /8 block walk to the truck definitely sobered me up 100%. After the crap I've been through the past 2-3 years, there wasn't any way I was driving unless I honestly felt fine. If I hadn't, I would have put her in a cab with one of her friends and would have gone to get the truck later.

I'm not sure if she was puking, stumbling, or what... but they should have at least afforded me the opportunity to pay my bill, especially since they require you leave your ID with the card.

What pisses me off most now is the fact that I have to ride my bike downtown as a/ would rather not drive without license (even for short-ish distance) and b/ SXSW is still going on and parking would be a nightmare.

Not to be a dick, but:

Didn't you drive home without your license last night? Now you are "pissed off the most" about having to ride a bike in lieu of driving without a license?

Why drive last night without your license (when a cab was an option), but not today?

When did you remember you didn't have your license?

Not to be a dick, but:

Didn't you drive home without your license last night? Now you are "pissed off the most" about having to ride a bike in lieu of driving without a license?

Why drive last night without your license (when a cab was an option), but not today?

Didn't realize it until I got home. :D

Was pilfering through my fiancee's purse (at her request, momos) to find some sample CDs we got over the course of the day/night, and what do I find tucked into her wallet?

My ID and CC.

Apparently our friend was able to go back into the bar while I was walking to get our car. Surprised they let her sign for me and take the card. :tup:

But all is well in darin3-land now.

Edit: Per conversation with her friend, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I went back in for your card and put it in her wallet, sorry". :D

Edited by darin3

Was pilfering through my fiancee's purse (at her request, momos) to find some sample CDs we got over the course of the day/night, and what do I find tucked into her wallet?

My ID and CC.

Apparently our friend was able to go back into the bar while I was walking to get our car. Surprised they let her sign for me and take the card. :tup:

But all is well in darin3-land now.

Edit: Per conversation with her friend, "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that I went back in for your card and put it in her wallet, sorry". :D

OK, I'm glad to hear that everything worked out ok for you.

Now back to the important subject of GDP vs. GNP...