[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best way to sell furniture?

Savage Beatings

We have some really nice but used furniture that we want to sell. Obviously that would mean a local sale... I can't imagine someone driving very far to buy used furniture. So what's the best way to sell it? :D

I mentioned to my wife that we could bring it to an auction house, but she hates the idea of doing all of that work and then still possibly not getting much money at auction. We could do a garage sale, but the Minnesota garage sale season is still months away, and we didn't really want ot wait that long.

What else is there... Craig's List? :D

Anyone here do something like this recently?

(as a side note, I just sold our Tahoe off of CarSoup this last weekend... took less than a week) :tup:

Edited by Savage Beatings

never done it, but in addtional to Craigs list (worth a try) Ebay has pickup only auctions... how much you looking for? Have you looked into tax deductions for passing it to charity... a local ARC or somesuch?

No I hadn't thought of that. Not a bad suggestion. Thanks!

And I keep forgetting that eBay can be used for more than just national auctions. I'll have to do some more research into how that would be listed.

No I hadn't thought of that. Not a bad suggestion. Thanks!

And I keep forgetting that eBay can be used for more than just national auctions. I'll have to do some more research into how that would be listed.

I've never done it - but there is a box to be checked for 'pickup only' - what's harder though... and I just did it the other day, because I was looking for a used TV to make an arcade machine with... is finding how to make that a search criteria... I was able to do it... but it wasn't easy. I may well be like the way I use excel though - like 20 formulas and macros and such to do something a single command (that I haven't learned yet) would do....

dang beer... I'm babbling...

I am off Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and could not make a decision on St Patty's so I got Guiness, Killians, Harp and Smithwicks... like a case and a half for the wench and I when all is said and done... so... needless to say... leftovers.... and as horrible as it is.... powertools seem so much more fun with a buzz on.... bad news I know... but so far... all 10 finger...all 10 toes and a little bit o' crooked home improvement here and there....

We have some really nice but used furniture that we want to sell. Obviously that would mean a local sale... I can't imagine someone driving very far to buy used furniture. So what's the best way to sell it? :D

I mentioned to my wife that we could bring it to an auction house, but she hates the idea of doing all of that work and then still possibly not getting much money at auction. We could do a garage sale, but the Minnesota garage sale season is still months away, and we didn't really want ot wait that long.

What else is there... Craig's List? :tup:

Anyone here do something like this recently?

(as a side note, I just sold our Tahoe off of CarSoup this last weekend... took less than a week) :doh:

:D

just went through this last year.....

Newspaper add.......2 calls from chavez family (too expensive)

Auction Dude......wanted an arm & leg to sell so he got a boot in the ass

Consignment joint.....needed to steal it from us to make it work

Rummage........SOLD

One thing you're up against Savage is HOM Furniture no payments till 2020 :D ...nobody wants used when they can swing this deal

took us all last year and the Fall rummage finally paid off.......still had to take a post dated check for part of it....... :D ....but we knew the people and it only took 10 phone calls to finally get our money....... :tup:

We have a regional weekly "newspaper" that is nothing but classifieds. Thing Craigs List but on news print. That's where I've sold the majority of things in the past. Maybe something exists like that exists in your area.

It's the wrong time of year, but putting up ads on a local college campus also may yield some results. Don't expect much money that route though.