[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Baseball 1-10 Pool

Timmypg

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I didn't think of it. Do you want in?

ya sure, give me the Royals

nevermind, I changed my mind

(or better yet, give Twiley the Royals and give me back my World Champion Cardinals) :D

Edited by wiegie

how could you give away my giants?! i go to work for 10 hrs and come back to see this set..... poor form not to give dibs to last year's participants :D

:D It kinda just "happened". I'm pretty sure we had 2 pools last year. The first one finished up pretty fast.

Heck, there may be enough interest to start up a second one already. I'll take the Cubs. :tup:

:tup: It kinda just "happened". I'm pretty sure we had 2 pools last year. The first one finished up pretty fast.

Heck, there may be enough interest to start up a second one already. I'll take the Cubs. :doh:

At 10.00 a crack i'd get in 2.........last years was 20.00 a pop....... i almost took your Giants Bier...... who payed for your manlove trip to the Spain Trailor last year .... :D ...but i knew better........ :D

how could you give away my giants?! i go to work for 10 hrs and come back to see this set..... poor form not to give dibs to last year's participants :D

you snooze, you lose (or so that is what they told me)

After sleeping on it, and inspired by Bier's post, I have decided to withdraw my request for the Royals.

wiegie and Bier should be ashamed of themselves. Coming down on a guy who stepped up to run a pool and awarded teams based on FCFS responses. He didn't even run the thing before. It's his first year and he's supposed to go back and figure out which Huddler's should get first crack based on last years pool ran by someone else :D

I think he should be thanked for taking the time to do it in the first place. :tup:

Note: The above post was not influenced at all by the fact that I luckily got the Tigers :D

you snooze, you lose (or so that is what they told me)

After sleeping on it, and inspired by Bier's post, I have decided to withdraw my request for the Royals.

I guess if I was in last year and missed out this year, I might be upset too. If Whomper or Tbimm had put this together, I would have felt maybe they should be obligated to search out last years participants and give them first dibs this year.

But I don't necesarrily see where Timmy should be under that obligation. He merely inquired if anyone was going to run one this year and it ended up with him taking over. It's kind of late in the procedings with the season almost upon us to waste a lot of time for one thing. But the biggest obstacle I think to trying to give everyone that was in last years pools first dibs this year is, there were two pools last year, and they were not identical participants in the two pools. So not sure how he's supposed to go about deciding which particpants from which pool gets first dibs? :D

My feeling is, if you don't step up to run a game yourself, sometimes you have to accept that it may not be run to your exact specifications. It's a fun game, I'd think you guys who are baseball fans, would still want to get in, even if you don't get to have your favorite team.

just my :D

Meh, Timmy didn't know. Suck it up and choose another team. :tup:

ya sure, give me the Royals

nevermind, I changed my mind

(or better yet, give Twiley the Royals and give me back my World Champion Cardinals) :doh:

You can have the Redbirds once you can actually stake claim to being from St. Louis... Belleville doesn't count, you poser. :D

I'll take a team from whoever is left, if there are any. Looks like there may be 1 or 2. Just let me know.

Also if there is a real interest for another one i could do the research tonite and start another one, giving 1st priority to last years participants.

wiegie and Bier should be ashamed of themselves. Coming down on a guy who stepped up to run a pool and awarded teams based on FCFS responses. He didn't even run the thing before. It's his first year and he's supposed to go back and figure out which Huddler's should get first crack based on last years pool ran by someone else :tup:

I think he should be thanked for taking the time to do it in the first place. :D

Note: The above post was not influenced at all by the fact that I luckily got the Tigers :D

I guess if I was in last year and missed out this year, I might be upset too. If Whomper or Tbimm had put this together, I would have felt maybe they should be obligated to search out last years participants and give them first dibs this year.

But I don't necesarrily see where Timmy should be under that obligation. He merely inquired if anyone was going to run one this year and it ended up with him taking over. It's kind of late in the procedings with the season almost upon us to waste a lot of time for one thing. But the biggest obstacle I think to trying to give everyone that was in last years pools first dibs this year is, there were two pools last year, and they were not identical participants in the two pools. So not sure how he's supposed to go about deciding which particpants from which pool gets first dibs? :doh:

My feeling is, if you don't step up to run a game yourself, sometimes you have to accept that it may not be run to your exact specifications. It's a fun game, I'd think you guys who are baseball fans, would still want to get in, even if you don't get to have your favorite team.

just my :D

Meh, Timmy didn't know. Suck it up and choose another team. :clap:

You can have the Redbirds once you can actually stake claim to being from St. Louis... Belleville doesn't count, you poser. :D

sure i commend timmy for running it... so it starts after i leave for work (no comp access), so no opportunity for someone who was a giants season ticket holder and who participated last year ticks me off. no other team i would would want.

Edited by Bier Meister

sure i commend timmy for running it... so it starts after i leave for work (no comp access), so no opportunity for someone who was a giants season ticket holder and who participated last year ticks me off. no other team i would would want.

Good point, I'll email Timmy to let him know I'm a season ticket holder for the Cardinals..that should secure my spot for next year. Screw you Wiegie!!! :D

Meh, Timmy didn't know. Suck it up and choose another team. :tup:

I lived just south of the Hill for 7 years when I was in grad school. Suck it, Brentwood Boy.

And on the other side of things, I'm not picking on Timmy. First they take away politics, then they take away religion, but there ain't no way that they are going to make me give up petty bitching. :D