[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Minor pet peeves you have with the Wife / Husband/ S.O

whomper

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a weird one, that I would be surprised to have anyone relate to.

My wife never fully screws the cap onto anything.

90% of the time she misthreads the cap, makes half a turn, and leaves it that way.

It drives me nuts.

1. She waits until I'm almost asleep, or until I've picked up my book and read for about 5 minutes to tell me about her day. And then she takes about 10 times as long to tell me about it than it should.

2. She never sits still. I'm not sure if I love Tivo or hate Tivo. Now my wife will get up in the middle of a program and expect me to pause it as she leaves the room 10 times every hour to go get something or go tend to something that just can't wait until the show is over.

3. She talks of on the phone too loud and too long. I can hear my wife halfway across the house when she is talking on the phone. There are times when I have to pause the TV while she is on the phone, not so she doesn't miss something, but because I can't hear it.

4. When she does get pissed about something, she won't let it go. It is one thing to correct the children or for that matter even me. It is another thing entirely to go on and on about it for 10 minutes. She has beat more dead horse than Blitz in the Barbaro thread.

5. She has a horrible gag reflex. :D

Then maybe it's a hint. As it should be. :D

I know. I'm bad with loading the dishwasher. :D

Forgot to add one: The wife gets these "night terrors" on occasion where she wakes from a dream screaming in the middle of the night. This happens about once every two months or so. Scares the crap out of me.

Here's a weird one, that I would be surprised to have anyone relate to.

My wife never fully screws the cap onto anything.

90% of the time she misthreads the cap, makes half a turn, and leaves it that way.

It drives me nuts.

+1000 Took me a while to figure this out; spilled many items there first few years of our marriage. I think she's actually gotten better in this area.

1. She waits until I'm almost asleep, or until I've picked up my book and read for about 5 minutes to tell me about her day. And then she takes about 10 times as long to tell me about it than it should.

I think this one is pretty universal too, esp the "10 times too long" part. :D

But I notice a trend that I also experience: women being seriously "TV watching challenged" - whether it's falling asleep watching something, fidgeting while watching, getting up a million times during the show, or - my biggie - talking during the show. A lot. And usually at the worst times. Sort of like:

(TV) "....and the killer is........."

(her) "HEY ISN'T THAT THE GUY WHO PLAYED ON THAT SEINFELD EPISODE WHERE..."

:D

She also is famous for fidgeting or falling asleep (the last being a blessing given the other options). Why can't they just sit there, shut up and watch?? Isn't that kind of the point?

If I'm fired up about anything on TV (esp a movie), I'll wait till she's out of town or something.

Leaves the cupboard doors open all the time. The high ones are high enough that she'd never bang her head on them but I do. Funny thing is, her father told me a story once about how she used to be bad about it as a kid. Once he got pissed and made her stand there and open and close one of the cupboard doors 50 times. She did, and on the 50th one, left it open and walked away.

On the TV watching thing, my wife can't wait until a commercial to ask me a pointless question.... never has it been a question that could not wait the 5 minutes until commercial, but, if I say can you wait until the commercial she ges all pissy. That is why I have zoned her out when I am watching something.

Forgot to add one: The wife gets these "night terrors" on occasion where she wakes from a dream screaming in the middle of the night. This happens about once every two months or so.

Perhaps you should wake her up *before* having sex. :D

Edited by yo mama

My wife and I have an agreement. I cook, and she cleans up. However, she sits in the kitchen and has a glass of wine, or beer while I cook. When we are done eating, I take my plate to the sink fill a glass of water, drink, whatever and head for the TV. "Aren't you going to stay out here and keep me company" she says. I say "No". She says well I stayed and kept you company.

You get the point.

The other thing is she does the laundry and ironing, but it doesn't seem to make it back upstairs where I dress. She gets up at 5:30 and goes down and makes coffee and picks out her outfit in the basement. :D

TV watching is exactly as you guys have said falls asleep, leaves the room, etc. and then wakes up or returns and wants a full recap before the show ends, so she knows what's going on. Watch the damn show yourself.

- picks the most absurd opportunities to fling minor criticisms.

If I have done something to irritate my wife, it's a good bet that I will hear about it as we are literally in bed, lites out, going to sleep. It is at these times that I resist the urge to drive an ice pick into my brain and give myself a calming lobotomy.

1. Leaves dirty dishes laying all over the kitchen. (But I can't complain because she does all of the cooking.)

Rule of thumb is that if she does all the cooking, you should probably take care of cleaning the dishes.

I think that's an every woman thing. My answer to "how was your day?" generally consists of grunts and shrugs. Hers is about a 15 minute synopsis of what her co-workers and/or customers did to irritate her.

If I didn't have a good day at work, I'm home now, I don't want to dwell on it. I guess I'm silly that way.

It is at these times that I resist the urge to drive an ice pick into my brain and give myself a calming lobotomy.

They still teach that to headshrinkers? Damn, I knew I should've gone to grad school.

If I have done something to irritate my wife, it's a good bet that I will hear about it as we are literally in bed, lites out, going to sleep. It is at these times that I resist the urge to drive an ice pick into my brain and give myself a calming lobotomy.

I've heard it's bad for sexual chemistry to argue with your spouse while in your bedroom or bed. In theory, if this happens frequently then your bed or bedroom will subconsciously be linked to arguments instead of sex and love -- or just sleeping for that matter. :D

Rule of thumb is that if she does all the cooking, you should probably take care of cleaning the dishes.

Agreed, but a lot of it is for bake sales or "experimental" stuff that I am either not allowed to touch or have no interest in eating. I can deal with dirty dishes from a dinner that I ate part of, but I'm not cleaning a food processor and a mixing bowl that were used to make biscotti for some church function.

talking during the show. A lot. And usually at the worst times.

On the TV watching thing, my wife can't wait until a commercial to ask me a pointless question.... never has it been a question that could not wait the 5 minutes until commercial, but, if I say can you wait until the commercial she ges all pissy. That is why I have zoned her out when I am watching something.

I have the TiVo... and my wife gets mad if I pause the show when she starts rambling at me.

She starts talking, I pause the show, she sees me do it and says, "Oh. Sorry... I didn't mean to interrupt!", and walks away mad.

What? WHAT??? What are you mad at???? :D

I've heard it's bad for sexual chemistry to argue with your spouse while in your bedroom or bed. In theory, if this happens frequently then your bed or bedroom will subconsciously be linked to arguments instead of sex and love -- or just sleeping for that matter. :D

I like angry sex.

I have the TiVo... and my wife gets mad if I pause the show when she starts rambling at me.

She starts talking, I pause the show, she sees me do it and says, "Oh. Sorry... I didn't mean to interrupt!", and walks away mad.

What? WHAT??? What are you mad at???? :D

It is clear that your show is more important than your wife and that is why you just don't let the show run while she is talking. Don't give me that "But I'm giving her my undivided attention" crap! You love that f'n show more than you love her. Next time, prove it to her and turn the TV off. Better still, pull out a brick that you've hidden for just this moment and throw it through the screen. This will demonstrate that you love her more than your show. You are sure to get sex that night.

I do most of the cooking when at my gals house. She does the cleanup. Good deal except........... SHE NEVER PUTS ANYTHING BACK IN THE SAME PLACE AS BEFORE!!! I go to get a saute pan and it is in the drawer under the oven. I say where then are the cookie sheets etc. She says look in this or that cupboard(where the friggin' pan was the last time!!!!) Then she has the chaps to say I'm a grouch because I'm cursing under my breath. Oh yeah every fu*king knife she has is as dull as a butter knife. Drives me Nuts I tell you :D

Though she does give great skullage to completion :D