[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Married People

Menudo

While reading through the pet peeves thread, I was absolutely amazed at the chores some of you guys take on. I thought are house was the normal situation, but, I guess I'm a bit lucky. :tup:

Here is how things go at our house:

1. Cooking - 99% by her. I only cook if I want to surprise her, or if I'm in charge of feeding myself, in

which case I usually order out, but, sometimes make a grilled cheese or two.

2. Laundry - 100% by her. I think I have done laundry once or twice in my entire life.

3. Paying Bills - 100% by her. She is a control freak, and I love that she wants to do this chore.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 50% each - I think we both share this one.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 80% by her. I put things away, but, I never scrub anything.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 80% by her. Same as bathroom.

7. Dishes - 80 % by her. I always rinse my dishes off, and I usually put them in the dishwasher. She runs,

unloads, and puts away most of the time.

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - 80 % her. Again, I clean up after myself, but,

she does the real cleaning (dusting, scrubbing, vacumming, etc.)

9. Basement Cleaning - 95 % Mine - This is my room, and I am responsible for it. I love my basement.

10. Grocery Shopping - 95% Hers - I barely ever go.

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% Mine - She has never mowed.

12. Taking the dog out - 75 % Mine - She only takes him out when I'm not around to do it.

13. Dog feeding / bathing - 50% Even - We both share in this

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 50% Even - We both maintain our own cars.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - 70 % Her - I don't mind doing it, but, she does it most of the time

:D Did I forget anything......

So, am I a lazy mother F'er ???? :D

Edited by Menudo

1. Cooking - 99% by her.

2. Laundry - 50/50 we do our own

3. Paying Bills - 100% by me

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 50% each

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 80% by her.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 50/50

7. Dishes - 80 % by me. she cooks, i clean up.

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - 80 % her.

9. Basement Cleaning - n/a

10. Grocery Shopping -70% Hers

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% Mine

12. Taking the dog out - n/a

13. Dog feeding / bathing - n/a

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 100% me

15. Changing the baby's diapers - 50/50

Well, since my wife is pregnant with twins, everything chore-wise isdone almost 100% by me.

But before that it was;

1. Cooking - 75% by her. (the BBQ is my domain as well as any pasta or crockpot stuff)

2. Laundry - 75% by her (I'm on folding duty)

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 75% by her (whoever gets up last)

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 100% by her.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 75% by her

7. Dishes - 75% by me (cook never washes dishes)

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - 80 % her (I vacuum most times)

9. Basement Cleaning - 100% by me

10. Grocery Shopping -75% by her

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% by me

12. Taking the dog out - n/a

13. Dog feeding / bathing - n/a

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 100% by me

15. Changing the baby's diapers - 60% by her

1. Cooking - 85% by her. I don't cook, but she's out of town every so often and/or doesn't want to cook after a long day. In that case, I make a sandwich for myself or cook a frozen pizza.

2. Laundry - We each do our own.

3. Paying Bills - About 60% me. We are in charge of different accounts.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 95% her. I hate that crap and she's constantly leaving clothes laying around. I haven't made a bed since I was a teenager.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 80% by her. I put things away, but, I never scrub anything.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 80% by her.

7. Dishes - 70 % by her. I always rinse my dishes off, and I usually put them in the dishwasher. She runs,

unloads, and puts away most of the time.

8. Living Room / Dining Room / - 80 % her. Again, I clean up after myself, but,

she does the real cleaning (dusting, scrubbing, vacumming, etc.)

9. Basement Cleaning - No basement

10. Grocery Shopping - 85% Her - She goes weekly, but I tend to make a run once a week for something that we've run out of or forgot to buy on Saturday.

11. Yardwork/landscaping - 95% me. I like that stuff and do it for fun. This includes maintaining and cleaning up after the several bird feeders/baths that we have in our yard.

12. Taking the cats out - 65% her. We let the cats outside for 30 min a couple times a week.

13. Cat feeding - Maybe 80% me.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - No kids yet.

Looks like I'm a lazy-ass too but I tend to work 10-20 hours a week more than my wife, so the guilt is minimal.

I take care of dicsipline, vehichles and working. She takes care of everything else.

I think you gotta include whether wife works or not, and number of kids, as if it's 80/20, and no kids/both work...yea, you are a lazy mf'er living in the 50's. But 80/20, 1 kid, you work only, changes things...and if it's sometime like 5 kids, you work only....should be 0/0/we move when it gets too dirty

1. Cooking - When we actually have time for a meal, I cook

2. Laundry - 50/50

3. Paying Bills - She writes the checks. I pay the damn bills.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - I make the bed

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 99% her.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 80/20 her

7. Dishes - I cook, she does the dishes....except knives. I don't trust her with them.

8. Living Room / Dining Room : 100% her.

9. Basement Cleaning - My room...I clean it...sort of.

10. Grocery Shopping -50/50.

11. Mowing The Lawn - We don't have lawns in portland

12. Taking the dog out - me, me, me

13. Dog feeding / bathing - feeding-50/50, washing-100% me.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - I do 100% of the baby diaper changing. As soon as we actually have one, that will change.

2 children (young - both under 2) / only I work

1. Cooking - 65% by her - I grill and do a lot of prep/salad type stuff

2. Laundry - 80% by her - sometimes do laundy on wkends - have a strange anti-putting away laundry that I've had forever - don't mind doing it, don't mind folding but will leave the folded pile for a week

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 90% by her

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 75% by her - i add a lot of elbow grease

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 65% by her

7. Dishes - 60% by her - mostly talking diswasher load/unload

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - 80% by her

9. Garage "Cleaning" - 100% by me

10. Grocery Shopping -75% by her

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% by me

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 100% by me

15. Changing the babies diapers - 75% by her

16. Fixing house - 100% by me - added this one only cause when I looked over this, realized i did less than I even thought (although 2 hours of mowing/edging/weedwhacking in Florida heat vs grocery shopping ain't exactly a like comparison)

1. & 7. Cooking / Dishes - 50/50; Whoever cooks, the other cleans up (unless the other isn't home, then you're own your own; or if making something (pesto) /cooking something special (pies/cookies) you clean up your own mess).

2. Laundry - 99% Mine - I'm anal about clothes and she's afraid to go into the laundry / furnace room (squirrels, mice and snakes)

3. Paying Bills - 100% by me for the house and she handles the rental apt. bills

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 75% her and 25% by me

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 90% by me.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - Running the vaccum or mopping her; or see 1&7 above

8. Living Room / Dining Room - 90 % her.

9. Laundry / Furance Room Cleaning - see #2 above (i.e. critters)

10. Grocery Shopping - Usually we do it together, unless we're out of something, then who ever is closest and has time

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% Mine

12. Taking the dog out - 50/50

13. Dog feeding / bathing - 50/50 on feeding and she climbs in the tub to bathe the dog hold the collar and supply the rinse water; I also get to chase down the wet dog and try to dry her with a towel :D .

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - You're supposed to do that? :D Usually we take our own to the Jiffy Lube or run it thru the automatic car wash when dirty

15. Changing the baby's diapers - N/A

eta 16. Fixing the house - 75% me; she loves to paint and stain

Edited by nogohawk

While this does not apply now.... and she did 100% of everything if I was cruising..... this is the way it worked:

1. Cooking - Most Weekdays - Her.... Most Weekends - Me

2. Laundry - 100% by her.

3. Paying Bills - 100% me the first 15 years.... 100% her the last 23+ years.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 50% each - share and share alike.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 100% by her.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 70% her.... Weekends - me.

7. Dishes - 70% her.... Weekends - me.

8. Living Room / Dining Room - 50/50.

9. Basement Cleaning - N/A.

10. Grocery Shopping - A 100% together event.

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% me.

12. Taking the dog out - If we had one - 100% kids.

13. Dog feeding / bathing - See 12.

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - I washed the car.... she maintained the car.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - She took care of all things baby... I walked around acting proud.

While reading through the pet peeves thread, I was absolutely amazed at the chores some of you guys take on. I thought are house was the normal situation, but, I guess I'm a bit lucky. :D

Have 6 kids and 4 are still at home. The 3 older ones do daily chores but it's mostly light p/u, sweeping.

1. Cooking - 75% by me. I'm not a great cook by any stretch but somehow I do the majority of it.

2. Laundry - 65% by her. That includes the folding. I'll wash/dry and hang stuff up but won't fold a damn thing.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 70% by me. whoever is last out of bed makes it and on work days that's me.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 75% by her. don't like doing it, so typically don't.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 75% by her. We try to do whoever cooks, doesn't have to do the dishes. I'm a much neater cook though so she wins on this one.

7. Dishes - 75 % by her.

8 Grocery Shopping - 90% me. Groceries is me, buying shampoo et cetera is almost 100% hers.

13. Dog feeding: 100% kids.

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 100% me- she'll take her car through a car wash but doesn't remember oil changes, tire rotations.....I have to

15. Changing the baby's diapers - 75 % Her - I don't mind doing it, but, she does it most of the time

1. Cooking - 100% me. My wife burns water.

2. Laundry - 100% by her. Unless I need some pants cleaned then I just wash that pair. Drives her nuts. :D

3. Paying Bills - 10% by her. I handle most of the bills.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 100% her

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 100% me. I'm a clean freak when it comes to the bathroom.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - 100% me. See cooking.

7. Dishes - 50% by her.

9. Basement Cleaning - 100% Mine - This is my room, and I am responsible for it. I love my basement.

10. Grocery Shopping - 100% Hers for general shopping. I'll pick up the ingredients for dinner each night I cook.

12. Taking the dog out - 100% Mine - She only takes him out when I'm not around to do it.

1. Cooking - 70% by me...I love to cook and am a little better than her...

2. Laundry - 100% her, I never do it.

3. Paying Bills - 100% by me, as it should be, don't need her screwing things up

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 90% her, I do it once in a while

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 90% by her.

7. Dishes - 50/50

9. Basement Cleaning - n/a - no basement :frown:

10. Grocery Shopping - 90% me, I like to pick what I am going to cook

11. Mowing The Lawn - 100% the association

1. Cooking - 70/30 mostly him

2. Laundry - 60/40 mostly by him

3. Paying Bills - 100% by him. We switch every 5 years. My tenure starts again in 2009. He does the taxes and helps me with managing my books for my business.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed- 100% me since I get up last.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - 100% by me

7. Dishes - 60/40 mostly by him.

8. Cleaning House- 60/40 mostly him

9. Basement Cleaning - We don't have a basement.

10. Grocery Shopping - 70% by him

11. Mowing The Lawn - 95% by him, but I fertilize, manage and repair sprinklers.

12. Taking the dog out - 100% by me

13. Dog feeding / bathing - 50/50

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 50/50

15. Changing the baby's diapers - no kids.

I work about 15 hours and week, hubby works about 10 hours a month

While reading through the pet peeves thread, I was absolutely amazed at the chores some of you guys take on. I thought are house was the normal situation, but, I guess I'm a bit lucky. :D

1. Cooking - When done, more her then me, but I try on occasion. I like to do it, but not enough time plus the cleanup adds a lot more work to an already busy day.

2. Laundry - 99% by me. Part of the unspoken deal in the fact that she works and I go to school. I can handle the bulk of this chore.

3. Paying Bills - 100% by her. I am aware of what bills we have, but easier for one person to do it and she is a lot more organized then I am.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - LOL. We gave up making our bed on a daily basis. We just throw the blankets over the sheets so the cats can't lay on the sheets. I got tired of picking up after my wife in the bedroom about a year ago.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - That's what we have a cleaning lady come in once a week for.

6. Kitchen Cleaning - See bathroom cleaning. Although I try to keep the kitchen tidier than my wife in between cleaning person's visit.

7. Dishes - 50/50 split. I like to leave the heavy pots and pans for her, but I am often doing the plates and glasses.

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - 50/50. I feel like I pick up more while she puts the baby to bed.

9. Basement Cleaning - Basement? What's that? (we don't have one.)

10. Grocery Shopping - 100% me. She hates to go and I don't mind it except for the lugging the bags into the house.

11. Mowing The Lawn - No lawn until we move into our new house in July.

12. Taking the dog out - We have cats and she is supposed to clean the litter to make up for the 1.5 years I did it while she was pregnant and nursing.

13. Dog feeding / bathing - no dogs, cats.

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 50% Even - We both maintain our own cars. Ditto.

15. Changing the baby's diapers - 50/50 I did it a lot when the baby was first born and now it's about even. Not a big deal to me.

See responses above... but I will add investments are taken care 100% by me, but I run almost any new big investment by her first.

Edited by TDFFFreak

1. Cooking - 95% by her.

2. Laundry - 50% by me, 50% by her. We each do our own. I've tried convincing her to do my laundry....no luck so far.

3. Paying Bills - 100% by me.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 50% each

7. Dishes - 99 % by me. This is the tradeoff I give for her cooking.

8. Living Room / Dining Room Cleaning - 80 % her. Again, I clean up after myself, but she does the real cleaning (dusting, scrubbing, vacumming, etc.)

9. Basement Cleaning - N/A

10. Grocery Shopping - 80% Hers - She normally goes on the large grocery trips. I'll go if we need just a few things.

12. Taking the dog out - N/A

13. Dog feeding / bathing - N/A

15. Changing the baby's diapers - N/A....at least for another 5 months.

Well, since my wife is pregnant with twins, everything chore-wise isdone almost 100% by me.

Welcome to the wonderful world of multiples my friend. there are a few of us on the board. Please feel free to think you are a better parent then these singleton parents out there.

Any questions you may have please feel free to PM me. believe me I have some good advice. I have twins (one boy and one girl). Good luck.

I think what somone mentioned about whether the wife works or not is important. My wife use to do most all the chores inside the house. She was home taking care of the kids and household. I always took care of the yard and worked 1 1/2 jobs. As the kids got a little older the Misses started working part time and I did a little around the house. Now that she is back in school and working part tme I do a lot of washing clothes, dishes, cooking, etc. I am not good at "cleaning" but will keep things from becoming a pig pen until she can do it right. So we kinda share the work depending on the day/week.

Our situation - Married 17+ years, 4 kids (ages 4, 9, 14, 16), wife pregnant with #5, I work, she is a stay at home mom.

She does - what she can.

I do - whatever she asks me to.

Why, you may ask. Because I wouldn't want to trade places.

:D

1. Cooking - 70/30 her.

2. Laundry - 50/50. She does hers and I do mine. I kept getting the setting wrong and I don't fold things the right way and... blah, blah, blah. She does hers and I do mine and it works.

3. Paying Bills - 100% by me. She's really bad with money.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - Me

7. Dishes - We both add to the dishwasher as we go along. I normally empty it.

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - I normally vacuum. She dusts. It works.

10. Grocery Shopping - Depends on who needs what more. We go together alot.

12. Taking the dog out - We have a fenced backyard so it really doesn't matter who lets them out. About 50/50.

13. Dog feeding / bathing - Usually me.

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - 100% me. I wouldn't let her touch my car.

I work a ton more than she does most weeks so the weeks when I'm late, she does more. The weeks I cruise out early cause I worked late the 2 weeks before, I do more.

1. Cooking - Nearly all by me.

2. Laundry - I wash all mine and most of the common stuff. Half my clothes would be dyed pink if I didn't.

3. Paying Bills - She writes the checks, I do the budgets and handle all the BS with our investments.

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - Pretty much her.

5. Bathroom Cleaning - Contracted out

6. Kitchen Cleaning - Weekly cleaning is contracted out, daily is probably 70% her

7. Dishes - Prolly about 60% her

8. Living Room / Dining Room / Babies Room Cleaning - Once again, major work is contracted out. I can't remember the last time I vacuumed.

9. Basement Cleaning - n/a

10. Grocery Shopping - We do this together somewhat often, but she goes slightly more than I do alone. I just tend to when I'm going to shop for a particular meal.

11. Mowing The Lawn - contracted out but she does the backyard.

12. Taking the dog out - Me in the morning, her in the evening unless I'm home then we do it together. It's actually something we look forward to doing together when we can.

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - Contracted out

15. Changing the baby's diapers -

:D Did I forget anything......

1. Cooking - 50/50......my daughter also makes one meal/week & bakes pies

2. Laundry - she does hers and my daughter.....i do mine/sons

3. Paying Bills - most our bills are autopay but she over sees them...i do my business bills

4. Bedroom Cleanup / Making Bed - 50/50

5. Bathroom Cleaning - her mom

6. Kitchen Cleaning - all me

7. Dishes - mostly me/son...her sometimes

8. Living Room / Dining Room : me.....her mom

9. Basement Cleaning - never really use it....whoever feels like it

10. Grocery Shopping -all her.

11. Mowing The Lawn - Her

12. Taking the dog out - no animals

13. Dog feeding / bathing- nope

14. Washing the car / Oil Changes - we each take care of our vehicles

15. Changing the baby's diapers - no more babies......she did day shift , I did night shift