[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dante Hall to rams for 5th Rounder

Why did Kansas City get rid of him?

This could give some insight to their draft strategy. Chief homers, is there anyone currently on the roster who can take his place in the return game? If not, they're snagging someone in the draft.

Ginn won't fall to them (and I don't know why they'd trade up to take him), so who else in the draft has had success returning punts and kickoffs?

Buh bye. Hall has disappointed for the last 2 years and was on the way out. I'm happy to get something for him. This team seems to be on a mission to complie draft picks. Jeff Webb appears to be the man in the return game now.

I like the move. :D

Edited by Hat Trick

Buh bye. Hall has disappointed for the last 2 years and was on the way out. I'm happy to get something for them. This team seems to be on a mission to complie draft picks. Jeff Webb appears to be the man in the return game now.

:D stockpiling 5th rounders, aka the matt millen draft strategery.

We need guys who put their hand in the dirt and you can get good linemen in the 5th round.

I don't believe Hall has had a return for a TD in the last two years ... he is always trying to break it for a homerun, rather than simply take what's there.

Although I'm not sure who is returning kicks/punts for us next year (it better not be Ginn), I'm really fine with this trade.

We need guys who put their hand in the dirt and you can get good linemen in the 5th round. Yep

I don't believe Hall has had a return for a TD in the last two years ... he is always trying to break it for a homerun, rather than simply take what's there.That and he has developed a fumbling problem too

I don't believe Hall has had a return for a TD in the last two years ... he is always trying to break it for a homerun, rather than simply take what's there.

I believe he had one last year, but overall he has been declining since 2003-2004. I don't imagine that this move will hurt KC much.

Buh bye. Hall has disappointed for the last 2 years and was on the way out. I'm happy to get something for him. This team seems to be on a mission to complie draft picks. Jeff Webb appears to be the man in the return game now.

how does it look for Webb to land the #2 WR spot? or is he more in tune with getting time at #3 this yr?

I believe this increases the chances that KC takes a WR in the first two rounds (Sidney Rice in round two?)...

I would love to see them go after Rice. He is a stud and totally used Cedric Houston when they played Ark, and Houston is a projected 1st rounder.

how does it look for Webb to land the #2 WR spot? or is he more in tune with getting time at #3 this yr?

A lot depends on his progression from a year ago. The Chiefs have 2 young WR's in Webb and Hannon and state they like them, but they have no experience. At this point he's the #3, and appears to be the PR/KR that Hall occupied. If Parker continues to struggle it shouldn't be long before he's riding the pine. They are sure to draft a WR eventhough the organization has stated they like the WR's they have :D

I like this trade also. Chiefs are trading guys to go young. I like that they are finally showing signs of revamping. We'll see if Carl can actually keep going down this road.

This could be some direction change due to Lamar Hunt dying. Might be that Carl was trying to get him another Super Bowl before he died, which would explain why he would try and patchwork this team together. Clark Hunt may have told him to go ahead and rebuild.

This could be some direction change due to Lamar Hunt dying. Might be that Carl was trying to get him another Super Bowl before he died, which would explain why he would try and patchwork this team together. Clark Hunt may have told him to go ahead and rebuild.

I concur with this assessment / theory.

Herm should be a good coach for young guys in that he's not afraid to stick them out there to see if they can play. Not sure he's a good long-term answer for us as coach, but while we're 4-12 next year (or whatever we'll be), he'll get guys fired up and will give young guys a chance to see what they can do.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us have a different coach when we're set up for a serious run into the playoffs, though...

I am somewhat excited to see how Hall will do with a change in scenery.

Like I stated in an earlier post, I'm pretty excited to see what he'll do for the Rams but they still need to find someone to block for him. Then again, they're probably hoping his quick feet will makeup for the lack of blocking that'll occur on special teams.