[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What book are you currently reading?

Chargerz

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - About Vlad the Impalier....Dracula, really good so far!

I just picked this up. Looked interesting a while back and saw the hardcover was in the bargain book section at Barnes & Noble. Haven't started reading yet.

Just finished Crimson Sword by Eldon Thompson and Boudicia: Dreaming the Eagle by Manda Scott.

Crimson Sword was a fantasy type book, that quite honestly I would not recommend, as it's main character is just to vanilla. It started out well, but really started to drag halfway through it. It has a sequel, but I doubt I will buy it unless I happen to run across it in the used book store.

Boudicia: Dreaming the Eagle is a historical fiction about a warrior queen in Britain. It takes place between 32 and 43 AD though the majority of the book takes place during the beginning of the second roman invasion of Britain. This one is the first of a 4 book series, and while not great, it is good enough that I will be reading the next one.

Just finished Angels and Demons, the prequel to DaVinci Code. Dan Brown. Pure brain candy for me... an escape.

The Jeff Shaara novels sound interesting, can you recommend a good one to me, Doc?

The trilogy involving the Civil War, Gods And Generals, The Killer Angels (written by his father), & The Last Full Measure, are all excellent! I'd start with those!! :D

About to start Eragon

the 2 books are great and u will enjoy them ... the movie sucked donkey balls

I think Paolini wrote a decent Eragon, but Eldest was much better IMO. And yes, the movie was gawd-awful.

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - About Vlad the Impalier....Dracula, really good so far!

Flew through Darkest Fear by Harlan Coban the week before.

I got half way through this and quit. I couldnt stomache any more.

Just Finished:

The Odds: One Season, Three Gamblers, and the Death of Their Las Vegas by Chad Millman

Currently reading:

Next Man Up: A Year Behind the Lines in Today's NFL

by John Feinstein

Can't really say either one is that great.

Currently reading:

by John Feinstein

I found this interesting - just some of the behind the scenes "personel" type stuff.

Rading The Collectors by David Baldacci, a sequel to The Camel Club which I liked alot.

Just finished Manhunt, which I think I saw recommended here at The Tailgate. It's a detailed account of the 12-day pursuit of John Wilkes Booth after he assassinated Lincoln. I rarely read non-fiction but this book was great, I highly recommend it.

Picked this up at the library about a year ago. Not bad, but nothing spectacular either.

Just finished rereading the Ender Trilogy by Orson Scott Card and am currently going thru the Ender's Shadow series.

I'll probably jump back into the Harry Potter series after that. Should be able to finish it up in time for the new one.

Just Finished:

The Odds: One Season, Three Gamblers, and the Death of Their Las Vegas by Chad Millman

Currently reading:

by John Feinstein

I found this interesting - just some of the behind the scenes "personel" type stuff.

He has a new book out about professional golf. The title has Q School in it. Heard him talking about it on the radio the other day.

I'm finally reading George RR Martin's Feast for Crows.