[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL Stanley Cup Finals

dabuffbills

Who wins the Stanley Cup?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Ottawa Senators
    • Anaheim Ducks

I think it's going to be a real physical series between the 2. The Ducks have a lot of experience with guys like Pronger, the Neidermayers, McDonald and Giguere and are a tough defensive team. The Senators have one of the best lines in the league in Alfredsson, Spezza, and Heatley, but also have a lot of depth behind them. If Emery is on his game and their offense continues to roll, the Sentors will prevail. Ottawa in 6.

Edited by dabuffbills

Going against the grain here ...I like ducks in 6 ...think the west was tougher than the east and ducks have a better goalie and some real playoff tested vets on defense especially ..pronger and nidermayer can neutralize alfredsson line which will be key

I'm picking the Sens out of pure spite :D

Why's that? Just curious. As a Wings fan that is why I might root for the Sens except that I wouldn't mind seeing Canada go without the Stanley Cup once again so I'm a bit torn at this point.

Haven't watched the Sens much but from what I seen from the Ducks this should be a pretty good series. Ducks have a solid squad but may be a bit light from a scoring stand point. If the Sens can fluster Giggy then this could be a shorter series then expected. Not sure how much gas that Ducks D has either.

I voted for the Ducks, who dropped the "Mighty" from their name and changed their logo when Disney sold the team.

I think Anahiem has the D men to slow up the Sens attack. Pronger and Niedermeyer are arguably the best defensive duo in hockey today, and Beauchemin is really coming into his own as well. In a speed for speed matchup of offensive guys, the Duck match up well with the Sens, and both are deep teams. Both Emery and Jiggy are playing well these playoffs, but I think the Ducks blueliners make the difference here. As much as I hope it goes the other way, I say Ducks in 6.

QUOTE(chester @ 5/23/07 8:53am)

I'm picking the Sens out of pure spite

Why's that? Just curious. As a Wings fan that is why I might root for the Sens except that I wouldn't mind seeing Canada go without the Stanley Cup once again so I'm a bit torn at this point.

Chester is a Wild fan, as am I. There is no love lost for the Ducks given the cheap shot of Brad May on Kim Johnnson in Game 4, not to mention the fact they seemed to go out of their way to take that extra cheap shot the entire series.

Just let the Canadians finally get their championship again. The country will collectively rub one out all at onece, then we won't have to hear from them for another 14 years or so when they win another. :D

Just let the Canadians finally get their championship again. The country will collectively rub one out all at onece, then we won't have to hear from them for another 14 years or so when they win another. :D

You'll hear from us when we win the National trophies every year. World Junior, World Championships, etc.

I voted for the Ducks, who dropped the "Mighty" from their name and changed their logo when Disney sold the team.

Their official website is still mightyducks.com, however and they will always be the Mighty Ducks to several people.

I think Teemu will give the old "triple-deek" to beat emery and win the series in six!

What did we ever do to you?

Puddy / Chuck B., please chime in also. Bad drivers crossing over into our hoods to shop. :D

Seriously, I think it's just the elitest hockey attitude in Canada that rubs us American Hockey fans the wrong way.

I do wish we had more hockey franchises in Canada like the old days.

Edited by chiefjay

I will take experience and strength over speed and skill in the NHL playoffs anyday. Emery is playing well, but Giggy has been lights out and single handedly won at least 2 games against Detroit. The Sens will take one in Anaheim and one in Ottawa. But Anaheim wears them down and controls the boards. Ducks in 6.

Puddy / Chuck B., please chime in also. Bad drivers crossing over into our hoods to shop. :D

Seriously, I think it's just the elitest hockey attitude in Canada that rubs us American Hockey fans the wrong way.

I do wish we had more hockey franchises in Canada like the old days.

We do have horrible drivers, that's for sure. I'm actually not even a hockey fan other than I kind of need to be for work reasons. Back in the day when we had an NHL team I was though, stupid Phoenix........

50/50 on the poll, with 22 votes. If the series is like our voting, it'll be a toss up and go at least 6 games. I voted Ducks, only because I know nothing about hockey and live in SoCal....

That game 5 collapse was brutal. Give up a goal with 47 seconds left and then the dreaded whiff in our own end in overtime.

Karma... Red Wings did the same thing to the Sharks that was their demise( gave up a goal with 44 sec. only to lose the series)