[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Need...

The Holy Roller

The current gen of Maui Jims with flexible frames are very good. They resist damage very well, and have terrific maui jim lenses.

+1

Got a pair of Maui Jims a couple of years back and couldn't be happier.

Edited by TDFFFreak

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the styling of Maui Jims-but too steep a price for me.

I don't like the styling of Oakleys (may be showing my age here)

My favorites these days are the Smith Factors. What I like are the interchangeable lenses.

You can get grey or brown as your primary lens and then you have a rose, yellow and clear.

I use the brown most times, but use the rose for light overcast days and great for skiing, the yellow is great for really cloudy days skiing, and for mtn biking where you are going in and out of sunlight but need the protection from dirt and dust flying in your face, and ditto on the clear lens. Since I only wear ski goggles when I absolutey have to and usually so to keep my face warm, these multi lenses function well for me.

Native Eyeware have the same interchangeables and more styles. I didn't like it's lens as well. It seems to get dirtier faster and harder to clean. The lens also doesn't have as much clarity. Plus the frame isn't as beefy. Natives have a pretty awesome warranty. If they break-even dog chews them or you run over them with a car, they will replace them for $30. Since the glasses are over $100 new, it's a good deal.

i'm an oakley guy, but keep it on a subtle side

i like the wire styles

+1 I own that exact pair called "Whisker". Been buying that exact style since they came out with e-wires back in the early 90's. I am good with my shades and rarely lose em. So I end up buying a new pair every 5 years or so. They seem to have come a long way with scratch resistant lenses which was my only issue with them back in the day.

+1 I own that exact pair called "Whisker". Been buying that exact style since they came out with e-wires back in the early 90's. I am good with my shades and rarely lose em. So I end up buying a new pair every 5 years or so. They seem to have come a long way with scratch resistant lenses which was my only issue with them back in the day.

yeah... polarized A wire... a lot of oakley's are gaudy.. i like maybe 4-5 styles they offer.

And what brands are best (ie, would slook good) on those of us with larger than average heads? :D

Like, if I were to go buy a Chevron pair, they are way too tight and narrow looking for my head.

I will go bury my large melon in shame, as it is obvious I am not to wear sunglasses.

I have a pair of Revo's that I like. The arms bend out fine so they don't look to small on me, but, still not exactly the perfect fit.

I have some Oakley's. A little narrow. I can wear them comfrotably and usually wear them if I am working in the yard or something, but, it is obvious that the lenses and frame are desgined for someone of average stature, not your typical I Like Soup 6'5'' type person.

And what brands are best (ie, would slook good) on those of us with larger than average heads? :D

Like, if I were to go buy a Chevron pair, they are way too tight and narrow looking for my head.

The Maui Jims with the flexible frames do not discriminate against large melons :D

• 2 weeks later...

The Maui Jims with the flexible frames do not discriminate against large melons :D

The fit my melon just fine. In fact these are the first glasses that I am even comfortable wearing. If you are willing to spend what these glasses cost then I highly suggest them.

http://www.mauijim.com/mjweb/public/catalo...E=LFG578-03.jpg I have these but in the amber lenses.

Thanks for all the advice. I really liked the MJ's but the price... :D The bride was with me as I was looking at them and she said, and I quote, "For that much you could get a very fine dinner, a nice bottle of wine, and SEX with me!"

So I'm still looking for some sunglasses.

Thanks for all the advice. I really liked the MJ's but the price... :D The bride was with me as I was looking at them and she said, and I quote, "For that much you could get a very fine dinner, a nice bottle of wine, and SEX with me!"

So I'm still looking for some sunglasses.

salient questions:

- by the hour or by the "round?"

- is that all it takes to guarantee sex with the bride?

- if you bypass the dinner and wine, would that mean more sex?

This is what I have

I can't say I bought them as I won then shooting in a sporting/Skeet tournament but they are the best pair I have ever owned. I will never by a pair of cheap glasses again. I'd recommend getting the lanyards too just so you don't have to set them down. If you fish they are incredible. Worth every penny.

salient questions:

I just gave her the money and had all the sex I could stand. (4 minutes!) :D

salient questions:

What is sex? Oh you mean beating gutz. :D

I just gave her the money and had all the sex I could stand. (4 minutes!) :tup:

Liar...no one can go for 4 minutes. :D

I like the styling of Maui Jims-but too steep a price for me.

Native Eyeware have the same interchangeables and more styles. I didn't like it's lens as well. It seems to get dirtier faster and harder to clean. The lens also doesn't have as much clarity. Plus the frame isn't as beefy. Natives have a pretty awesome warranty. If they break-even dog chews them or you run over them with a car, they will replace them for $30. Since the glasses are over $100 new, it's a good deal.

Love Maui Jims.....but can't afford them as well.

If you are looking for sporty frames the wife and I have Natives and are extremely happy. Works out we as she's had to replace a couple....actually lost 1 set, used my proof to get a new pair, then found the others so now she has 2. :D

What is sex? Oh you mean beating gutz. :D

Liar...no one can go for 4 minutes. :D

I know it was four minutes cause the guy at Bass Pro yelled at us, "Hey you been in that boat four minutes already, how bout hurrin' up?"

I detest wearing glasses. Perscription or sun.

At my last eye exam I was told to start wearing a quality lens in a sun glass or expect lens replacement surgery in about ten years.

OK, I'm scared now!

I can not say enough about COSTCO's Kirkland brand of lenses! The quality, style and features of $150 for under $40. I have actually worn the Kirkland aviator style for hours on end without having to take them off. Titanium frames, UV everything block and POLARIZED (gotta get the polarized lenses). I have perscription glasses for reading and close work, but these actually help me see better at a distance (not perfect. but better)!

All this for under $40. (I said that already, I know). Their choice in styles is somewhat limited, but they have a few styles that mimic the most popular types.

Check it out! :D

Funny you mention Costco. I was there this past weekend and they had a display set up for sunglasses that included several Maui Jim styles for under $100. I didn't look too closely as Iwas in a rish and had a specific set of items I needed to get.