[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tell me this doesn't suck for a senior boy before the big game.

Skippy

My local paper had my boy's picture in the paper today as he was slated to start his high school championship game. The problem is that under the nice picture of him delivering a pitch is the wrong name. I mean they got his first name right but didn't even get close on the last name. This is not the first time they have done it to him either. :D This truly sucks for his scrap book collection.

Oh and did I mention that they crushed the other team today to the tune of 13 – 0, with him hitting a triple, double, single and one fielder choice.

I sort of feel like Blitz but really I am only posting this because of the news paper. I didn’t post when he won the city golf title this year. I didn’t post when he pitched six no hit innings two weeks ago and I’m not going to post after his first state championship game next Monday. Just thinking it really sucks that they can’t get his name right. :D

:ohandreallyprouddadrightnow:

My local paper had my boy's picture in the paper today as he was slated to start his high school championship game. The problem is that under the nice picture of him delivering a pitch is the wrong name. I mean they got his first name right but didn't even get close on the last name. This is not the first time they have done it to him either. :D This truly sucks for his scrap book collection.

Oh and did I mention that they crushed the other team today to the tune of 13 – 0, with him hitting a triple, double, single and one fielder choice.

I sort of feel like Blitz but really I am only posting this because of the news paper. I didn’t post when he won the city golf title this year. I didn’t post when he pitched six no hit innings two weeks ago and I’m not going to post after his first state championship game next Monday. Just thinking it really sucks that they can’t get his name right. :D

:ohandreallyprouddadrightnow:

That sucks.

What's the name of the school? Teams around here might meet up with them.

Ouch.

Would the newspaper print a correction if they were informed of this?

Maybe... but really it's too late as the damage is done. I mean from this point forward his friends are calling him Johnson as that was the last name they gave him in the paper. I have no idea where the hell they came up with that name as there isn't even a Johnson on the team.

Edited by Skippy

Hey Skip, did they get it right finally? I was going through the Post Gazette online and they mention him like 3 or 4 times. Oh, and West Allegheny shouldn't have any trouble going undefeated and winning it all. I'd hate to be an opposing pitcher going against that lineup. :D And with only 4 seniors in the starting lineup, they stand a very good chance of playing for all the marble again next year. Hope your boy Zak does you proud in the CG. I'm sure he will. Please update us here as I may forget to check the paper.

Hey Skip, did they get it right finally? I was going through the Post Gazette online and they mention him like 3 or 4 times. Oh, and West Allegheny shouldn't have any trouble going undefeated and winning it all. I'd hate to be an opposing pitcher going against that lineup. :D And with only 4 seniors in the starting lineup, they stand a very good chance of playing for all the marble again next year. Hope your boy Zak does you proud in the CG. I'm sure he will. Please update us here as I may forget to check the paper.

Whoops! Wrong team. That goes to show you that online newspapers are not the same as the real thing. Sorry about that Skip! :D

Yes they got it right later but what sucks is that it was under a really nice picture. The picture doesn't get in the paper very often.

I mean his fifteen minutes are tainted.

Well, hopefully he goes out and kicks ass so they put his picture in the paper again. Man, I feel for ya. That would be something worth saving and they can't get the name right, just like I didn't get the team right. :D

Just curious, Skip as I haven't lived up there since 1982. Is South Hills HS still there and are they a rival of Carrick? Who is Carrick's biggest rival, Brashear?

South Hills HS has been gone since 1986. I'm guessing you know this but they were Carricks biggest rival until they closed. In my days, graduated in 83, SHHS was without any doubt out biggest rival. Today in baseball the biggest rival is Langley followed very closely by Allderdice. It was Brashear that they played today in the championship game.

South Hills HS is going to be a hugh Senior Citizen village soon.

Edited by Skippy

I was 7 for 7 one night with a few free throws to boot in a big christmas tourney once in high school. I knew the next day I would be in the write up. My last name is Iorio they spelled it Oranato :D

I know for scrapbook purposes it sucks Skip but a cycle is huge bonus points in my main local and your boy almost had it..PM me his real name so I can draft him one day on my fantasy team. (God knows I can use him in HOTD)

one of my first jobs was as a local sports reporter for a small paper. we used to print the names of people who had gotten hole-in-ones at the golf clubs that week. one day someone called because he got a hole-in-one and we spelled his name wrong. he asked for a corrected reprint but there was no way to do it.

these days, though, everything's digital, so it's worth a call to see if they can maybe send you a corrected printout on regular paper. at the very least, you should call the high school sports editor or the photography editor (or both) to let them know of the mistake, especially if you think your kid may be in the paper again. in particular, anyone involved in covering school sports has fielded enough calls to know how much it means to people to see their or their kids' name in the paper and how disappointing it is when the name is misspelled. pointing out the mistake could make sure it doesn't happen again.

Well Pittsburghers, if you watched WPXI news and saw the highlights of the game that was his triple that they showed. I am hoping that WPXI has that video on their website at some point. :D

Good stuff skippy .... I did see the highlights. Congrats to your son!!

Maybe... but really it's too late as the damage is done. I mean from this point forward his friends are calling him Johnson as that was the last name they gave him in the paper. I have no idea where the hell they came up with that name as there isn't even a Johnson on the team.

:D