[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dance Recital

whomper

Well tomorrow I go to my first ever dance recital as a Dad..I have been to a few to see my niece but this is the first one both of my daughters are in. Im pretty psyched actually. My oldest joined soccer which starts in the fall and my little one is almost 4 so with the exception of some school functions it will be the first time I see them perform for a live audience. My wife went to dress rehearsal the other day and said they did great..It should be a good time.

You will have a great time Whomper. I've been attending my daughter's for 9 years. I really enjoy watching the little ones. The only problem I have is that the thing usually lasts 3 hours in a stuffy middle school auditorium. Plus I feel like a dirty old man when the high school age girls perform.

I'll be there next week myself.

Well tomorrow I go to my first ever dance recital as a Dad..I have been to a few to see my niece but this is the first one both of my daughters are in. Im pretty psyched actually. My oldest joined soccer which starts in the fall and my little one is almost 4 so with the exception of some school functions it will be the first time I see them perform for a live audience. My wife went to dress rehearsal the other day and said they did great..It should be a good time.

This is exactly why I had a boy. :D

Edited by SuperBalla

My first one was last year and the little ones are very cute. It's a great feeling to see yer own up there for the first time :doh: . I wasn't able to do the daddy daughter dance because it would have required me to take to many days off work for the dress rehearsal and other practices(I work in the evening) but my dad was able to do it last year and that was awesome. Her next one is next Saturday and I'm looking forward to it, except like Puddy said the 3 hours and stuffy auditorium.

One other thing is I really don't see the reason for the teachers to do there own performance, who the hell wants to see adults dance in stupid outfits and take up time that you don't want to be there :tup:

Have fun tomorrow, they probably won't let you take video but I did anyway :D I guess they wanted to ensure that you buy their $50 dvd of every performance :D

My first one was last year and the little ones are very cute. It's a great feeling to see yer own up there for the first time :D . I wasn't able to do the daddy daughter dance because it would have required me to take to many days off work for the dress rehearsal and other practices(I work in the evening) but my dad was able to do it last year and that was awesome. Her next one is next Saturday and I'm looking forward to it, except like Puddy said the 3 hours and stuffy auditorium.

One other thing is I really don't see the reason for the teachers to do there own performance, who the hell wants to see adults dance in stupid outfits and take up time that you don't want to be there :tup:

Have fun tomorrow, they probably won't let you take video but I did anyway :D I guess they wanted to ensure that you buy their $50 dvd of every performance :D

So...do they have any 21-24 year olds? :doh:

I go to my first recital tomorrow for my 3 1/2 year old. Dress rehearsal was yesterdaqy but I couldn't make it. We'll have to compare notes. :D

If any of the other kids mess up or don't do as well, be sure to write a letter to the dance coach. Perhaps offer to coach them next time or bring Puddy in if you really want an eckspurt.

Congrats and have fun, Whomp! :D

:popsandlocks:

Edited by TimC

We really had a great time last night..My oldest got into a little jam though . Her partner got stage fright and didnt come out for their routine..When the part came up that the kids partnered off some hilarious improvising by my kid ensued. They did a great job and we had an awesome time. I was very proud of them

Yes, my eldest had one in her Ballet class two years ago-it was great. She switched interest to gymnastics and their "meet" was pretty entertaing vs the other gymnastics school....nobody lost and everyone got ribbons and trophy's.

We really had a great time last night..My oldest got into a little jam though . Her partner got stage fright and didnt come out for their routine..When the part came up that the kids partnered off some hilarious improvising by my kid ensued. They did a great job and we had an awesome time. I was very proud of them

:D

Did it look anything like this? :D

We did our 3rd this past month. It's always a lot of fun to see the kids get up there and amazing to see how much they've progressed from previous seasons. The little one's are always the stars of the show & make it very entertaining and it's great to see the older kids perform knowing yours will be doing the same in coming years.

Here's a shot of mine from her 1st year.

Cool Whomp. My daughter is 8 months old right now. I can't wait to do this kind of stuff.

My kids' dance company has the nation's largest number of participants in the Father-Daughter category of dance. So right before intermission and then again as the finale of the entrire recital, a ton of guys get on stage with their little girls and they dance together. It is phenomenal and hilarious to watch! :D

Wednesday night and Friday night for my girls.

Same for me. Tonight is dress rehersal. Mrs. Puddy usually tackles this but she has class tonight, so I get to hang out for three hours tonight too.

DH's were today since everyone is pretty much out of school. These recitals are in a big theatre and it's pretty boring since I only have one routine to pay attention to.