[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you live your life differently if you found out that humanity would suddenly go extinct in 100 years?

wiegie

You might have to word it differently, because I won't be around in 100 years as is, so why would my life change if I can't tell anybody. The only real answers I could see would be whether or not to have kids (and for me that's not relevent).

Who are you people kidding? Of course we would act differently. I seriously doubt any of us could process that kind of information and *not* have it impact how we conducted our day to day lives. It'd be like knowing that the story from the film 'Children of Men' was about to become a reality. You wouldn't do *anything* to protect yourself and your family from the unavoidable chaos sure to descend upon humanity?

Even if the extinction were to occur in an instant, and without warning, I doubt very much that any of us could act exactly the same as before. The whole way you view our purpose and time here on earth would be forever changed. I don't see any normal person shrugging that off. Hell, most people can't even remain calm if they get cut off on the freeway, receive a telemarketing call during dinner, or learn that their teenager is has become sexually active.

Who are you people kidding? Of course we would act differently. I seriously doubt any of us could process that kind of information and *not* have it impact how we conducted our day to day lives. It'd be like knowing that the story from the film 'Children of Men' was about to become a reality. You wouldn't do *anything* to protect yourself and your family from the unavoidable chaos sure to descend upon humanity?

Even if the extinction were to occur in an instant, and without warning, I doubt very much that any of us could act exactly the same as before. The whole way you view our purpose and time here on earth would be forever changed. I don't see any normal person shrugging that off. Hell, most people can't even remain calm if they get cut off on the freeway, receive a telemarketing call during dinner, or learn that their teenager is has become sexually active.

Buzz kill.

Do I know how/why we're going extinct, or just that it's going to happen?

If we're simply going to simply go "poof" and cease to exist, that is different than say, a horrible disease will wipe 100% of the human population from the face of the planet over a 5 year period.

If the former, probably wouldn't change anything. If it's the latter, I probably wouldn't have kids.

ummm....its 100 years away.

ummm....its 100 years away.

Good point. Well all be dead before then. Pro-choice mooslums will have found a way to repeal the 2nd Amendment, leaving us defenseless to their global warming-powered WMDs, followed by a ground invasion of zombified stem-cell cloned Nancy Pelosis.

Nice job, libs.

Edited by yo mama

Good point. Well all be dead before then. Pro-choice mooslums will have found a way to repeal the 2nd Amendment, leaving us defenseless to their global warming-powered WMDs, followed by a ground invasion of zombified stem-cell cloned Nancy Pelosis.

Nice job, libs.

36500 days