[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry or Gore with the #3 pick?

Sam

I have the #3 pick in a 10 team redraft. Traditional scoring. I know LT and Jackson are going #1 and #2. Initially I was set on taking Gore but I really like Henry this year. I think he's in a great situation in Denver. I like drafting RBs on good teams. Denver also has an easier schedule vs the run. I think Henry can be a top 5 back this year. I know he can be had later, but I've talked to some guys and I don't think it's an option to trade down. So would I be crazy to draft Henry with the #3 pick?

I would say Gore I have Henery and i would trade him for Gore in a seconad. I think both will have fine seasons but Gore just might be a little bit better.

I have seen some mock drafts rating Henery and Gore in the top 10 Gore being the higher pick.

Yikes!! Seek help Sam. Gore is the choice at #3 but I can see Henry having a great year as well and maybe even as good as Gore. But you just can't mess with your 1st round pick. Play it safe.

It is an interesting question. I think the 3rd - 6th picks are tough because nobody really stands out and all could be basically the same as the guys lower.

I would recommend drafting Gore or maybe Alexander, then looking to package the player for Henry and possibly a decent WR. Henry had a great preseason game, but keep in mind it was preseason, the 9ers D is bad, and Shannahan could change on a dime and pull Henry if he gets banged up or starts to fumble. I like Henry, but more as a #2 RB not as a #1.

Alas, you can take someone viewed with more value, then try to trade for Henry before the season starts and potentially get another throw in player! When teams see "I get the #3 pick for my 2nd round pick!", they might jump.

I have the #3 pick in a 10 team redraft. Traditional scoring. I know LT and Jackson are going #1 and #2. Initially I was set on taking Gore but I really like Henry this year. I think he's in a great situation in Denver. I like drafting RBs on good teams. Denver also has an easier schedule vs the run. I think Henry can be a top 5 back this year. I know he can be had later, but I've talked to some guys and I don't think it's an option to trade down. So would I be crazy to draft Henry with the #3 pick?

Wow. That's a tough spot to be in - you have a player that you think will outperform his ADP, you know he'll be available later in the round, and you can't find a trading partner.

No one will move even straight up? Say your 1.03 & 2.08 for their 1.08 & 2.03 - no exchange of later picks? At least that would get you better value after the 1/2 turn. I'd be surprised if there weren't someone in your league that wouldn't want to move up for a shot at Gore and/or LJ, but that's not impossible to imagine.

If it is indeed the case that you can't exchange under any circumstances, you've got a very difficult choice to make - are you willing to take the much greater risk of taking Henry at 1.03 when you know his ADP is lower but you have a strong feeling he'll perform at that value, or do you bypass him knowing he'll be gone by the time your 2.08 comes up and go the safer route for the more predictable performance of a Gore or LJ?

Only one person here knows if you are comfortable taking that kind of very large risk, but I will add that I'm expecting big things out of Henry and I wouldn't draft him that high. He could put up a monster rushing year and still not get enough in the receiving game to approach a performance that would justify spending a 1.03 on him.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I like the system that Denver uses, and their schedule...........The Niners have a Rookie Cordinator and Turner has always been better at Cordinating then head coaching? But If you pole the audience I'm sure they would say "Gore"! But I like to gamble, I would take Henry and pray.............I hope based on the above mention....it all worked out...........The X factor is Shanahan! Henry can run and you'll see baring any injuries......where's LJ?

Edited by IrishPride

Why are you guys saying Gore is a safer pick than Henry? He's had one good season and a history of injuries (shoulder and ACL I believe). Didn't he have both shoulders operated on before last season? Don't get me wrong, I like Gore a lot and I'm not arguing, I'm just trying to understand your reasoning. I agree that drafting Henry at #3 may be a bad idea mainly because of his ADP. I think I'll keep trying to talk one of the other guys into trading picks...and if no one bites just take Gore.

Thanks for the input guys.

Why are you guys saying Gore is a safer pick than Henry? He's had one good season and a history of injuries (shoulder and ACL I believe). Didn't he have both shoulders operated on before last season? Don't get me wrong, I like Gore a lot and I'm not arguing, I'm just trying to understand your reasoning. I agree that drafting Henry at #3 may be a bad idea mainly because of his ADP. I think I'll keep trying to talk one of the other guys into trading picks...and if no one bites just take Gore.

Thanks for the input guys.

It's not that he's a safer pick than Henry - I'd gage their health risks as being pretty close to equal, it's that Gore has higher upside. He'll catch a lot more balls than Henry, and he shouldn't surrender as many rushes to another RB on the roster. Gore figures to have greater total cumulative yardage even if Henry outrushes him, which is debatable.

Denver used three RBs during their first preseason game, and they all averaged about five yds/carry. You know how Shanahan likes to utilize multiple backs. I firmly believe that Henry is the #1 back, and should get the goal-line carries, but he may only get 70-75% of the carries overall, while guys like Gore and Addai will get more than that.

It's not that he's a safer pick than Henry - I'd gage their health risks as being pretty close to equal, it's that Gore has higher upside. He'll catch a lot more balls than Henry, and he shouldn't surrender as many rushes to another RB on the roster. Gore figures to have greater total cumulative yardage even if Henry outrushes him, which is debatable.

That makes sense BB...I see what you're saying.

One more question for ya. Do you like Gore at the #3 spot then over LJ or SA?

That makes sense BB...I see what you're saying.

One more question for ya. Do you like Gore at the #3 spot then over LJ or SA?

I know you're looking for BB's view but I figurd I'd throw my hat in the ring. I like Gore more than SA but it's very close between he and LJ (and that's with assuming LJ signs before the season starts, which he should).

I know you're looking for BB's view but I figurd I'd throw my hat in the ring. I like Gore more than SA but it's very close between he and LJ (and that's with assuming LJ signs before the season starts, which he should).

That would have been my answer also.

I'll take anyones view Irish. :D And I agree. If I'm unable to trade down, I think I'll take Gore. If LJ would've been in camp on time I would consider him but missing the TC time he did concerns me.

Thanks everyone for their opinions.

I agree with this, and I am one of the bigger SA fans this year on the boards.

I'll take anyones view Irish. :D And I agree. If I'm unable to trade down, I think I'll take Gore. If LJ would've been in camp on time I would consider him but missing the TC time he did concerns me.

Thanks everyone for their opinions.

Gore's missing as much camp as Johnson...

Huddle thinks you're nuts. But I think after LT and Jackson that Henry is quite possibly the best RB left. He told me to put down the bong (I actually use a little pipe) in another post.

I say if Henry is the player you want and you only have one pick in the first round and it's not #1 or #2 then take him.

As for Gore...less of a proven commodity. His team is less proven too. And has a new OC...he broke his hand, has been injured several other times as well. I say buyer beware on Gore...Johnson would obvsiously be #3 if he had not held out...and Alexander is OLD.

I love the situation in Denver...I project...1450 yds, 14 TD's. Put those stats in your

I love the Bronc's and I love Henry, but Gore's the easy choice here. Even with the harder scheduled and horrible offense Gore put up Monster numbers. I think Henry could be as good or better, but Denver would never let their primary back get the pure # of carries that SF is going to lay on Gore.

Gore's also going to see more action on the pass. Denver likes a lot of playaction, but the short dumps go to one of their 3 solid TEs. SF has a TE option, but likes Gore just as often.

That is way too early for Henry. Have you considered a guy named Larry Johnson there?

Yeah I've considered LJ and who knows I may still go that way. I'm flip flopping back and forth on who I want to take. You guys have talked me out of Henry (unless I can trade down) so now it's between LJ and Gore. As of right now I'm leaning towards Gore with LJ not being signed yet. I may not make my final decision until the last minute. Until then I'll rack my brains out trying to decide.

Thanks again guys!