[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rate My Groceries 2007

MrFancyPants

Meat: Ribs 1:3

Dairy: 2:10 Muenster Cheese

Vegetable: Caesar Salad 3:3

Snack Foods: 4:10: Bugles

I ended up with the third pick in a twelve team league this year–, as expected Steak and Pork Chops were taken with 1.1 and 1.2 respectively. Not wanting to risk getting stuck with the likes of Game Hen or Ostrich as my starting Meat, I scooped up Ribs with the third pick, although I admit that either chicken or Turkey would have worked here as well.

After the long wait, and a run on vegetables (carrots, green beans and snap peas were all already taken), I decided to take Muenster Cheese with my 2:10. I am afraid I may have reached here, as I was the first to take a dairy, and both Swiss and Provolone were still available in the third. However, I believe it is a safe choice, even if it lacks "upside"

Five picks later and I am up with my 3.3, I was delighted to see Caesar Salad still available at this point, and feel I got very good value here. (both the next two people absolutely groaned and exclaimed that that was what they were going to take!)

Unfortunately, before my turn at 4.10, there was a HUGE run on snack foods. Doritos, Cheese-its, Ho-Ho's, and Ruffles (both Cool Ranch and Salt and Vinegar) were all gone, as well as more marginal starters in the category like Funions and Baked Lays. I did NOT want to be stuck with Brazil Nuts like last year, so I grabbed Bugles while I still could. Call me crazy, but I see big things this year for this overlooked snack food.

So what do you think so far? And do you think I should go Vegetable again in round five?

Bugles are a bust. . you went too early on them. Round 5 should be your shot to handcuff a stud to your ribs. I say find the best meat value out there and wait on the veggies. . .it's a deep position.

Bugles are a bust. . you went too early on them. Round 5 should be your shot to handcuff a stud to your ribs. I say find the best meat value out there and wait on the veggies. . .it's a deep position.

Disagree-if he waited too long he could have ended up with brussel sprouts. Agree Bugles were way too early. It looks like Pringles were available-a much better pick.

No need to handcuff. Funyons were still available. He might've been able to wait a round and still get Munchos.

No need to handcuff. Funyons were still available. He might've been able to wait a round and still get Munchos.

NO NEED TO HANDCUFF?? Are you nutz?? What if something happens to your ribs?? You don't have a single quality meat to work with. You might as well go ovo-lacto and go out and buy a MAN PURSE!!

You gotta protect your meat, dude!!!

NO NEED TO HANDCUFF?? Are you nutz?? What if something happens to your ribs?? You don't have a single quality meat to work with. You might as well go ovo-lacto and go out and buy a MAN PURSE!!

You gotta protect your meat, dude!!!

Just to be safe, I'd lock up vodka and matches in the next couple of rounds.... :D

Five picks later and I am up with my 3.3, I was delighted to see Caesar Salad still available at this point, and feel I got very good value here. (both the next two people absolutely groaned and exclaimed that that was what they were going to take!)

Caesar salad is weak. I take it Chef's Salad and Grilled Chicken salads were already gone? :D