[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Lienart

Endzone

He played worst than Rex last night! I don't think his ranking took into perspective their new offense philosophy to run the ball and his lack of experience at the pro ranks. In a keeper/dynasty league... yes he might be ranked 10th, but not in a redraft!

I wanted at least a top 10 QB and I got him in the 6th round when he was the best on the board at QB. He will be bust if last nigt was any indication of things to come.

No mocks but did see ADP...so how would that have made a difference? I'm relying heavily on Huddle's expertise and inside knowledge of the player.

Here's what was said about his week 1 matchup:

QB Matt Leinart S3

Leinart looked just okay in the pre-season and had little success in his only meeting with San Francisco last season (162 yards and a single TD). The new play calling being implemented by HC Whisenhunt should enable better production for Leinart owners. But it may take a third of the season for things to really start clicking.

So...they saw this coming. If you want to judge a player by his week 1 production, I guess it's time to drop LT.

Actually, it sounds like you are counting on the Huddle to be an infallible source of information without thinking for yourself.

Obviously not infallible but a source to rely on versus other so called FF experts. When you can only rely on other opinions and conflicting ones at that and you can't see the player perform I place a little more weight to Huddles take on the situation. In Lienart's case, he's not as developed as what was projected and Mon night game was my first opportunity to see him in action. I think they totally misjudged his ranking simple as that and he will not end up a top 10 QB at the end of the season.

I'm unsure of this, but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. There is 16 games in a complete NFL regular season correct? Also, another thing I'm unsure of...but isn't the first week always pretty sloppy due to most players not playing enough in the preseason, rookies getting their first shot, and it just actually being the first real NFL week?

I've heard a lot of players need to shake off the rust, but once again, this is only a widely believed fact.

Obviously not infallible but a source to rely on versus other so called FF experts. When you can only rely on other opinions and conflicting ones at that and you can't see the player perform I place a little more weight to Huddles take on the situation. In Lienart's case, he's not as developed as what was projected and Mon night game was my first opportunity to see him in action. I think they totally misjudged his ranking simple as that and he will not end up a top 10 QB at the end of the season.

I was thinking of dropping Matt Leinert myself, and picking up Brady Quinn (probably a stronger arm than M.L).. I already have 2 QBs, (E. Manning, and T. Brady), at least for depth. It seems to me, and I am just guessing, but I think the after effects of his shoulder surgery leads me to believe he will not be 100%. I think he's not as healthy as we are led to believe.

Brady Quinn worked with Charlie Weis at N.D. (who worked with Tom Brady in New England). Who did Matt Leinert have (Norman Chow)?

Here's what was said about his week 1 matchup:

So...they saw this coming. If you want to judge a player by his week 1 production, I guess it's time to drop LT.

That was my thought too. I was somewhat surprised by Arizona's insistence on running the ball so much and not even testing the SF secondary with the two very good weapons they have, though.

I don't think it's time to drop Leinart just yet. :D

No mocks but did see ADP...so how would that have made a difference? I'm relying heavily on Huddle's expertise and inside knowledge of the player.

It is pretty easy to see why the huddle ranked him that high. 1st the guy was highly skilled coming out of college and coming into his 2nd year as a starter which gives him upside. then he has Fitz,Boldin and James around him in the offense so the weapons are there...then you throw in the fact that he has 1 of the easier passing schedules in the league this year and I think it is pretty obvious why the huddle came to that conclusion.

I was thinking of dropping Matt Leinert myself, and picking up Brady Quinn (probably a stronger arm than M.L).. I already have 2 QBs, (E. Manning, and T. Brady), at least for depth. It seems to me, and I am just guessing, but I think the after effects of his shoulder surgery leads me to believe he will not be 100%. I think he's not as healthy as we are led to believe.

Brady Quinn worked with Charlie Weis at N.D. (who worked with Tom Brady in New England). Who did Matt Leinert have (Norman Chow)?

I would not dump on Leinart yet. it is only 1 game and Quinn has never started a game.

He played worst than Rex last night! I don't think his ranking took into perspective their new offense philosophy to run the ball and his lack of experience at the pro ranks. In a keeper/dynasty league... yes he might be ranked 10th, but not in a redraft!

I wanted at least a top 10 QB and I got him in the 6th round when he was the best on the board at QB. He will be bust if last nigt was any indication of things to come.

Totally agree. Also, why did they rank Steven Jackson so high? Did anyone see him play last week? TWO fumbles?

I want a refund. :D

Unfornately I was not lucky enough to grab them....The guy with the Fantasy Index mag grabbed them.

Touche Endzone.....way to take the heat and dish it back. :D That was funny!

He and Alex Smith both looked pretty bad Monday night (with the exception of the last drive). But with the offensive weapons they have in AZ, you'd almost have to give ANY QB there 2nd tier status at least. Even....gulp.....Joey Harrington. :wacko:

And I think the general consensus is that any 2nd year QB that saw action for more than half the year in his rookie season would tend to "be better" his 2nd season.......right? In general, I mean. Doesn't always happen, but you'd think that would be the natural progression of things.

And let's face it....aren't we all sort of hoping and wishing for a little "good" for the Cardinals? Or Houston? Or Detroit? :D Haven't they been the whipping boys of the NFL for long enough? :wacko: I think we all secretly love stories like the Chargers going from 4-12 to 12-4 the next year. Underdog stories that make the NFL exciting.

Week one panic.....with his Wr's he could pass by Braille and outperform Grossman.........Its all about match up's.......The season is young.......I traded Eli/Randle El for Leinart/Perrian because of week one FF hangovers.......talk to me in three weeks!

Edited by IrishPride