[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most annoying football fans?

Dont Rookie Me........

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hook line and sinker baby. Sometimes you're too easy. :D

The timing was priceless. :wacko:

Damn you :D

DMD has to take away the feature at the bottom that shows who is reading the thread...... :wacko:

Well done Hugh One :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

This sounds like a parent who berates their children and calls them stupid and says "well, how else are they going to learn?". It's a scary mentality.

I think I've had enough of this thread for a while. . .

Nice chatting with you all.

:D

I think it is scary to think that you compare raising children to they way fans treat professional athletes. Children are a little different then professional athletes making millions IMO. Every professional player should know that if they are lucky enough to sign a big contract there are certain things that come along with it. One being called out when they don't perform up to the level of the contract they signed. The only outlet the fans have are the games.

Exactly. And any team with recent success has boisterous fans in numbers which is why the Colts, Steelers, Pats are getting a lot of votes.

Agree 100%

And why they have alot of "fans" posting here.

In no particular order...

Philly, Steelers (personal experience good and bad), JETS, Colts, Cowboys, Browns/Ravens and yes some Pats. :D

Being from PA, and having seen some on this message board, I KNOW there are good Philadelphia fans out there. However, I absolutely LOVE watching Philadelphia fans try to defend themselves from the, much deserved onslaught that always comes along with these threads.

Edited by Menudo

I just never understood the idea that players are above criticism, especially from the people who pay their salaries. How else can fans voice their opinion other then at the game?

They aren't above criticism. Check your local rag, it's full of it. And lack of effort should always be booed, IMO.

But that isn't the case here. What I see with the Eagles is one guy on a gimpy leg who single handed has kept the Eagles in contention for years. For damn sure it's just him and Westbrook on the offensive side, no-one else. If that's all the slack you can cut a guy who's done everything he can to win, then don't complain when the rest of us question your rationality.

I think it is scary to think that you compare raising children to they way fans treat professional athletes. Children are a little different then professional athletes making millions IMO. Every professional player should know that if they are lucky enough to sign a big contract there are certain things that come along with it. One being called out when they don't perform up to the level of the contract they signed. The only outlet the fans have are the games.

Oh dear, I really didn't want to stay on this thread. . .

OK. . .let's say you have kids and you take them to an Eagles game, and you boo McNabb after missing Kevin Curtis on the goal line by a full 5 yards. Your kid is going to ask what you're doing. What are you going to tell him? "This is how people tell atheletes that they suck, junior. It's our right." And then the kid is going to go play little league and when his teammates strike out. . .well, you know the rest.

And yes, I do think that 95% of people react to others in their lives from a basic ingrained personality and set of moral standards. What I'm saying is, mean people are mean to everyone, whether it's their QB or their co-workers or their families for that matter. Or maybe the people who throw batteries and cheer when Jeff Garcia gets squashed by a 350 pound lineman go out and do charity work with orphans when they're not at the game.

You may now have the last word. . I'm really done with this.

Edited by SheikYerbuti

My votes:

Falcons: Before Vick, most home games were blacked out on local TV because there would be 10,000+ empty seats in the dome. That's if they were playing a good team. Then came Vick and all the hype, and suddenly everyone is a fan and there is a waiting list for season tickets. A very good proportion of the fans I encountered at the Dome were complete idiots, clueless about football and completely drank the Vick Kool-Aid. People would turn around and ask "what's encroachment? How come they got free yards?". If there is a worse venue anywhere to watch an NFL game, I hope I never experience it.

Eagles: Incredibly annoying, rude, crude and classless in many cases, but I have a counterpoint to some of the bashers. Let me preface by stating my wife is from Philly and a die-hard Eagles fan, she got a ticket for last night's debacle on Ebay and we are going to the Lion's game this Sunday. I am a lifelong Giants fan from CT. I always told my wife that Eagles fans had no class, and she would hurl pots and pans at my head. Having spent some time in the city, my theory is that It's a cultural thing...there is a big union / blue collar base and they behave like we all know they do. But the flip side is they are deeply rooted in tradition and family, and the Iggles green pretty much pumps through everyone's veins. So with that in mind I think back to the days when my boys in blue would cruise down the turnpike and just wipe that pathetic team up and down that ugly carpet at the Vet until you just couldn't watch anymore. Then I remember that my team has won two titles in my lifetime, the Eagles, zero. I hate that the Giants suck this year, but I don't despise other teams that are winning like Eagles fans do. They HATE the Giants and Cowboys on a really deep level (granted, the Cowboys deserve it).

I think there is an extra large chip on their shoulder because they know that no city loves and supports their team more than they do, but there is still no trophy. New York has the Yankees, the Statue to Liberty, MSG, Radio City, and TWO Super Bowl winning teams. This just gnaws at them year after year, they aren't as good as other cities that have won. I can't even imagine the celebration if they won it some year and I hope they do eventually (hopefully when I'm in the grave).

I think there is an extra large chip on their shoulder because they know that no city loves and supports their team more than they do, but there is still no trophy. New York has the Yankees, the Statue to Liberty, MSG, Radio City, and TWO Super Bowl winning teams. This just gnaws at them year after year, they aren't as good as other cities that have won. I can't even imagine the celebration if they won it some year and I hope they do eventually (hopefully when I'm in the grave).

This was true about Red Sox fans until the turn of the century. Yankess fans knew it and went out of their way to treat them like trash because they knew it killed them inside. When the Pats won in '01, many (if not most) became Pats fans. When the Pats won two more SBs AND their beloved Red Sox finally won, they became as arrogant and obnoxious as Yankees fans and dished it out to Colts fans.

What are your thoughts on the this? My thoughts have the Patriots as #1! Annoying, loud, arrogant, ignorant and most of the time they open their mouth I just want to stuff their pie hole the nearest projectile. Is there any hope that they can be civilized or is it to late for the modern day cromagnum?

Wow!!! I live in Boston, die hard Pats fan but travel quite a bit to Pittsburgh for business....as the Steelers are the ONLY thing they have, I have never seen a city so obsessed, obnoxious about their Steelers and the 5 time champs (4 from the damn 70's!!!!)........Have you ever been to a Pats game? We support our team...our coach....our players....I believe YOUR comment about 'want to stuff their pie hole with the nearest projectile" shows how immature, self centererd and arrogant a Steelers fan is...Perhaps its cuz we always beat you when we have to face you in the playoffs??????

Mark Dec 6th on the calendar, when the Steelers visit New England...

As far as SOX fans, don't even go there....some of the most LOYAL fans in baseball...watch any AWAY game in Baltimore...Tampa....Toronto.....its more like a Sox HOME game as fans travel to support their team....ah, but you wouldnt know that...whens last tme Pirates had a sell out??????

Edited by chinatown dragons

Wow!!! I live in Boston, die hard Pats fan but travel quite a bit to Pittsburgh for business....as the Steelers are the ONLY thing they have, I have never seen a city so obsessed, obnoxious about their Steelers and the 5 time champs (4 from the damn 70's!!!!)........Have you ever been to a Pats game? We support our team...our coach....our players....I believe YOUR comment about 'want to stuff their pie hole with the nearest projectile" shows how immature, self centererd and arrogant a Steelers fan is...Perhaps its cuz we always beat you when we have to face you in the playoffs??????

Mark Dec 6th on the calendar, when the Steelers visit New England...

As far as SOX fans, don't even go there....some of the most LOYAL fans in baseball...watch any AWAY game in Baltimore...Tampa....Toronto.....its more like a Sox HOME game as fans travel to support their team....ah, but you wouldnt know that...whens last tme Pirates had a sell out??????

Wow, in this post, you may have proven those who picked New England fans as the worst, to be exactly correct. Good work. :D

Wow, in this post, you may have proven those who picked New England fans as the worst, to be exactly correct. Good work. :D

or those who picked Pittsburgh.....a guy says he wants to Stuff a projectile in a Pats fans PIE HOLE, and I come across as arrogant?? Thats cool....No worries...its all in good fun...........I think the Steelers are a GREAT team...I think Pittsburgh is a cool city...Heinz Field is fantastic......just thought the post to start the thread could have been worded...differently......came across as somewhat.....disturbed....violent....

Edited by chinatown dragons

wow, I can't believe how you all are missing the obvious answer.

the worst football fans are the fans of the teams that just won the Super Bowl.

The second worst football fans are the fans that just lost the Super Bowl.

err, I meant annoying not worst...

Edited by loaf

wow, I can't believe how you all are missing the obvious answer.

the worst football fans are the fans of the teams that just won the Super Bowl.

The second worst football fans are the fans that just lost the Super Bowl.

err, I meant annoying not worst...

:D well said

Edited by m4m25

Where are the Steeler votes? I've never had a bad Steeler fan experience. They're passionate, for sure. But I've never had one pick a fight with me for no good reason (like Eagles fan did to me, twice).

In this case the Raider nation would be the worst fans. Age 12 I went to championship game between Raiders and the Steelers in Los Angeles my father had to give me his jacket so I could cover up my Franco Harris jersey as I was being pelted with beer and my dad was being threatened. All in all though I love the Raider Nation and find that the only thing you can not do is go into their house and root for the other team...apparently that is a no no, but I was young.

What are your thoughts on the this? My thoughts have the Patriots as #1! Annoying, loud, arrogant, ignorant and most of the time they open their mouth I just want to stuff their pie hole the nearest projectile. Is there any hope that they can be civilized or is it to late for the modern day cromagnum?

Stop confusing the rest of us with UT.

And what does cavemanhood have to do with anything! :D

This is a hands down, lapping the field, close the polls no brainer.

Philadelphia sports fans are the worst in America. If it wasn't for European soccer fans who hurl explosives onto the field, they'd be world champions. Philadelphia fans are sore losers. They are sore winners (not that it ever happens). They do not support those who give everything they have to their teams. They have no sense of loyalty. They cheer when their stars get injured. They drive their most talented players out of town and then complain that their teams suck.

They get what they deserve. They're just douches. Period.

Shut the F**k up you terrorist bastard. What team do you pull for in AC, since you hate your hometown team?

There, that should solidify the Eagles fans as being the worst fans ever.

Edited by fitzkek

I'm going to base my answer on the behavior of the visiting fans when they are playing in my town, and in that vein I can't believe no one has mentioned Raiders fans. There is no question that when they are in town (and we're not what you'd call a "rival") there are more fights, arrests, and dik-headedness than when any other team comes to town.

They're passionate - that black hole thing is cool- but they're not good guests!

I'm going to base my answer on the behavior of the visiting fans when they are playing in my town, and in that vein I can't believe no one has mentioned Raiders fans. There is no question that when they are in town (and we're not what you'd call a "rival") there are more fights, arrests, and dik-headedness than when any other team comes to town.

They're passionate - that black hole thing is cool- but they're not good guests!

apparently they have killed a fan of the opposing team before in the parking lot..