[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most annoying football fans?

Dont Rookie Me........

My votes:

Falcons: Before Vick, most home games were blacked out on local TV because there would be 10,000+ empty seats in the dome. That's if they were playing a good team. Then came Vick and all the hype, and suddenly everyone is a fan and there is a waiting list for season tickets. A very good proportion of the fans I encountered at the Dome were complete idiots, clueless about football and completely drank the Vick Kool-Aid. People would turn around and ask "what's encroachment? How come they got free yards?". If there is a worse venue anywhere to watch an NFL game, I hope I never experience it.

Agree with you there Atlanta fans are just as bad for baseball too.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy answer...bandwagon fans. Every team has some of them.

I have some bad experiences with Steelers Fans and Panthers Fans. Although I found the Panthers fans to be more amusing. After the PATS beat them in the Super Bowl, I went the following year to Charlotte to visit family and catch the Pats/Panthers pre-season game. After the Panthers pulled up an "upset" win after the Pats 3rd string QB threw an INT on 4th down. They started screaming "Who are the Champs now", this followed me back the 6 block walk from the stadium to the hotel.

I agree with those who said Yankees fans are the worst, as well as all the bandwagon Red Sox fans after they won in 2004, this especially includes anyone who wrote a book about it.

But I think the most annoying fans are the ones on the message boards who can't look past the pics on the left and have to disagree with every point made by someone who supports a rival team. I know 90% of the posts here are pure "homerism", but some people can't look past that and really enjoy the last 10% which are good opinions and comments. Of course these are the same fans that can make these message boards especially fun.

Edited by gilwiggum

I'm not sure... do you have a scar on your forehead in the shape of an Eagles' costume jewelry SuperBowl ring, with no year engraved in it?

If so, then yes. That was me.

Eagles Super Bowl Ring :D:wacko::D:wacko:

Philadelphia is not my hometown, and truth be told, if it were I wouldn't admit to it. I am from New York and that is who I root for. And I'm not Arab. I'm Jewish. Since you're from Philadelphia, I'll go slower for you: If you pronounce my screen name phonetically, it sounds like "Shake Your Booty". Get it?

Now you can go back to thinking that Pat's Cheesesteaks are good AND worth $7, bright boy.

:D:D:wacko:

Well, Mr. Shakeyourbooty, where I come from we don't mind spending $7 :wacko:

Wow.

I heard about a guy who went to the Vet wearing a Steelers jersey for an Eagles - Steelers game (not even a division or conference rivalty, mind you), and he made the mistake of using a port-o-potty outside in the parking lot. The Philly faithful tipped it over (door side down of course) and pelted it with snowballs with the poor bastard still inside. Of course the contents ended up all over him.

Not as bad as killing a guy though.

Pittsburgh fans annoy me cause they drink too much beer. I wouldn't mind except I sit near the isle and have to pass the beers that way all game.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Many people use the derogatory term "The Rust Belt" to describe the series of (often economically-depressed) old steel mill cities extending from Gary, IN through Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. Similarly, I have labeled the area going from Philly northeast through NYC and northern NJ and up through Boston "The A$$hole Belt." Of course, the label doesn't apply to everybody, but the reputation is well-deserved.

THIS made me spit out my coffee. It's funny AND true :D

Many people use the derogatory term "The Rust Belt" to describe the series of (often economically-depressed) old steel mill cities extending from Gary, IN through Detroit, Toledo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. Similarly, I have labeled the area going from Philly northeast through NYC and northern NJ and up through Boston "The A$$hole Belt." Of course, the label doesn't apply to everybody, but the reputation is well-deserved.

:D

Eagles fans are passionate and many players that play and play hard love it here. If you don't do you job you hear about it. Since we pay the ticket prices and in turn that pays the players salaries, think of the fans as the boss and the booing as their performance review. If you doo a crappy job at work, I am sure your boss will tell you about it. Look at the players that play their hearts out, they are put above everything else.....i.e. Rollins, Utley, Howard, Rowand, Westbrook......They all give 110%, so say what you will.

This is a hands down, lapping the field, close the polls no brainer.

Philadelphia sports fans are the worst in America. If it wasn't for European soccer fans who hurl explosives onto the field, they'd be world champions. Philadelphia fans are sore losers. They are sore winners (not that it ever happens). They do not support those who give everything they have to their teams. They have no sense of loyalty. They cheer when their stars get injured. They drive their most talented players out of town and then complain that their teams suck.

They get what they deserve. They're just douches. Period.

I concur. They were leaving the stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter Monday night. It was 20-12. With like 10 minutes left. Pathetic.

Philadelphia is not my hometown, and truth be told, if it were I wouldn't admit to it. I am from New York and that is who I root for. And I'm not Arab. I'm Jewish. Since you're from Philadelphia, I'll go slower for you: If you pronounce my screen name phonetically, it sounds like "Shake Your Booty". Get it?

Now you can go back to thinking that Pat's Cheesesteaks are good AND worth $7, bright boy.

:D:D:wacko:

IDIOT. First off, no one from Philly think Pat's and/or Gino's are good cheesesteaks, that has been brought on by the tourists. And judging by your post, you sound like a complete donkey. New York Fans are no better or for that matter no worse. So before you point fingers, look in the mirror.

Edited by Eagle2003

SO it is between Boston and Philly for sure, but I actually like Red Sox fans!!! The funny thing is I hate Patriot fans maybe it is because they cheated to win and turned a blind eye to it!

As a lifetime Pats fan what the hell do you suppose we do? Change teams? :D

Its embarrasing but I'm not going to switch teams because of this. Does that make me a bad person?

Hate is a strong word my friend......

Edited by Luffy66

Steelers fans. :D I guess if you liv in or are from Pittsburgh you only really have one thing to be proud of though. I should have pitty I suppose.

Funny, I was thinking the exact same thing about New England fans.

My votes:

Falcons: Before Vick, most home games were blacked out on local TV because there would be 10,000+ empty seats in the dome. That's if they were playing a good team. Then came Vick and all the hype, and suddenly everyone is a fan and there is a waiting list for season tickets. A very good proportion of the fans I encountered at the Dome were complete idiots, clueless about football and completely drank the Vick Kool-Aid. People would turn around and ask "what's encroachment? How come they got free yards?". If there is a worse venue anywhere to watch an NFL game, I hope I never experience it.

Eagles: Incredibly annoying, rude, crude and classless in many cases, but I have a counterpoint to some of the bashers. Let me preface by stating my wife is from Philly and a die-hard Eagles fan, she got a ticket for last night's debacle on Ebay and we are going to the Lion's game this Sunday. I am a lifelong Giants fan from CT. I always told my wife that Eagles fans had no class, and she would hurl pots and pans at my head. Having spent some time in the city, my theory is that It's a cultural thing...there is a big union / blue collar base and they behave like we all know they do. But the flip side is they are deeply rooted in tradition and family, and the Iggles green pretty much pumps through everyone's veins. So with that in mind I think back to the days when my boys in blue would cruise down the turnpike and just wipe that pathetic team up and down that ugly carpet at the Vet until you just couldn't watch anymore. Then I remember that my team has won two titles in my lifetime, the Eagles, zero. I hate that the Giants suck this year, but I don't despise other teams that are winning like Eagles fans do. They HATE the Giants and Cowboys on a really deep level (granted, the Cowboys deserve it).

I think there is an extra large chip on their shoulder because they know that no city loves and supports their team more than they do, but there is still no trophy. New York has the Yankees, the Statue to Liberty, MSG, Radio City, and TWO Super Bowl winning teams. This just gnaws at them year after year, they aren't as good as other cities that have won. I can't even imagine the celebration if they won it some year and I hope they do eventually (hopefully when I'm in the grave).

dont go patting yourself on your back there pal....I know plenty of eagles fans and it is true we are not fond of the cowboys but we really could care less about the giants(even way back when they were good)

Edited by keggerz

Most annoying has to be the Raiders:

- they act like the past, oh, 20 years has been great success for the Silver and Black

- that whole "Black Hole" thing - yeah, you can dress up like an extra from the Road Warrior and mug for the camera. Wow, you are a great fan

- no matter how heinous the Raiders were the year before, they are juuuuuuuuust about to turn the corner and win big

On a different MB, I was pointing out how it MIGHT be possible that the Raiders' defensive numbers were a bit of a mirage, mainly due to the fact that nobody really had to pass or run up the score on them last year. The most prominent Raiders fan on there act like I had just called his grandmother a slut, and I hadn't even gotten near that on my list yet.

So, aside from being delusional douchebags who still act like the Raiders mean something, they have a thin record of success since about '85 to back it up, and NEVER stop yappin' about it.

THAT, my friends, is what annoying in a bottle would entail.

Man.. The Philadelphia fan bashing is pretty crazy in here. It is ironic that the regulars in this forum who are Eagles fans are more humble and classy than many others.

I hate the stereo-typical Eagles fan too. I don't know any, but I have seen them in action. It really saddens me that the fanbase for a whole city is soiled by a small minority of jerk-offs. I would invite anyone who is going to be in Philadelphia on the weekend of a home game to come hang out with me and my buddies. Anyway, it just saddens me.

:D

Edited by Scourge

dont go patting yourself on your back there pal....I know plenty of eagles fans and it is true we are not fond of the cowboys but we really could care less about the giants(even way back when they were good)

yuup...

it's mostly Cowboy hate....

we hate NY fans if that counts for anything..

Wow.

I heard about a guy who went to the Vet wearing a Steelers jersey for an Eagles - Steelers game (not even a division or conference rivalty, mind you), and he made the mistake of using a port-o-potty outside in the parking lot. The Philly faithful tipped it over (door side down of course) and pelted it with snowballs with the poor bastard still inside. Of course the contents ended up all over him.

Not as bad as killing a guy though.

nope...I found what you said hilarious :D

the only way it would be anymore funny is if it were a Dallas fan with an authentic jersey on..