[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most annoying football fans?

Dont Rookie Me........

:D

I knew that comment would get a response from you!

Forgive me for not remembering who finished 3rd in any given year. :wacko:

Oh, o.k. I guess you have to go undefeated and win a national championship to 'accomplish something' :D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my three worst "at game" experiences were in New England (70% of them are just obnoxious) and Chicago (can you sit down while the game is going on??) and Philly (i thought a middle-aged female Colt fan was going to get beaten up by one of the locals for only cheering for her team).

...i've been to about 14 different NFL stadiums.

Edited by rebdog

my three worst "at game" experiences were in New England (70% of them are just obnoxious) and Chicago (can you sit down while the game is going on??) and Philly (i thought a middle-aged female Colt fan was going to get beaten up by one of the locals for only cheering for her team).

You must have been at a preseason game. Totally different crowd. The reg. season games most are savvy and won't do that.

There is a reason why MNF banned the PATS for so many years. They were notoriously bad fans at the game. Of course for many of those years they also sucked.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and lived in Philly for 3 years after I graduated. As much as I loved the cheesesteaks, soft pretzels and Wawa hoagies, the Philly fans turned me off to the Eagles forever. They would clearly be my #1, but the Seabag fans have worked their way into the lead.

Edited by Pitbull739

I have read the entire thread and some of the arguments were compelling. There was no stipulation that the worst football fans had to be found in the NFL and indeed several baseball teams were even mentioned.

Without question, the worst football fans of all time and times to come are those of USC. Truly insufferable fans.

Without question, the worst football fans of all time and times to come are those of USC. Truly insufferable fans.

The last two games I went to the Coliseum had me watching USC kids flipping off old women and yelling at them. The next time around, the Coliseum was dry and they were a tad better behaved.

I'll say this: living in SoCal has meant that I've had to listen to Charger fans talk really weak smack, when all they did last year was set a record in post-season futility. I mean, is 14-3 really something to be proud of?

Quick story about the annoying Raider fan I work with:

The local paper is doing this "Packer Legends" promo, and they featured John Brockington in it (for the uninitiated, Brockington was a stud RB out of Ohio State who was a pretty good NFL player - first guy to run for 1000 yds in each of his first 3 seasons, 2 time NFC rushing champ). Raider Guy starts going "never heard of him" so I give him the reader's digest version of his career and, trying to be nice, say "I wouldn't expect you to have heard of him, he played in the early 70s; that would be like one of the other younger guys we work with knowing who Mark Van Eeghen or Cliff Branch are."

"Who are they?"

I never hear anything positive about Philly fans. Interesting...

They seem to be winning this thread, winning is a positive isn't it? Congrats to you Philly, champs again! :D

They seem to be winning this thread, winning is a positive isn't it? Congrats to you Philly, champs again! :D

I'm sure Philly sports fans are happy to win SOMETHING.

I would have to say Eagles fans, but Pats fans have to be the most annoying.....................

Quick story about the annoying Raider fan I work with:

The local paper is doing this "Packer Legends" promo, and they featured John Brockington in it (for the uninitiated, Brockington was a stud RB out of Ohio State who was a pretty good NFL player - first guy to run for 1000 yds in each of his first 3 seasons, 2 time NFC rushing champ). Raider Guy starts going "never heard of him" so I give him the reader's digest version of his career and, trying to be nice, say "I wouldn't expect you to have heard of him, he played in the early 70s; that would be like one of the other younger guys we work with knowing who Mark Van Eeghen or Cliff Branch are."

"Who are they?"

do you hear yourself when you talk?