[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Find Your Candidate

DemonKnight

Cool poll. Lined right up with who I liked to begin with. :D

Joe Biden

Score: 46

Agree

Iraq

Taxes

Stem-Cell Research

Health Care

Abortion

Energy

Marriage

Death Penalty

Disagree

Immigration

Social Security

Line-Item Veto

Hillary Clinton

Score: 44

Agree

Taxes

Stem-Cell Research

Health Care

Abortion

Line-Item Veto

Energy

Marriage

Death Penalty

Disagree

Iraq

Immigration

Social Security

Highest were Obama and Hillary (45)... disagreed with both of them on Iraq and Immigration

The first Republican was Rudi (37) though he very well might be the last one I'd vote for... disagreed with him on Immagration, Taxes, Heath Care and Social Security

Since I am a hugh line item veto fan.....I am aligned most closely with Huckabee. Although I am not sold on the fair tax...I could be pursuaded...need to read on it more.

And you think a line item veto would accomplish what?

I'm of the opinion that after the last 8 years, we should limit presidential power... not give it wings to control congress on a whim. To me, that sounds profoundly ignorant.

Edited by AtomicCEO

And you think a line item veto would accomplish what?

I'm of the opinion that after the last 8 years, we should limit presidential power... not give it wings to control congress on a whim. To me, that sounds profoundly ignorant.

You do know that the line item veto Huckabee is in favor of is for spending bills only. Not all bills will be treated with the line item veto...I don't know if that matters to your opinion or not.

You do know that the line item veto Huckabee is in favor of is for spending bills only. Not all bills will be treated with the line item veto...I don't know if that matters to your opinion or not.

It doesn't.

Do you think Bush would have vetoed any spending on a single Republican bill when they owned the executive and legislative branch? I'm not that naive. The Republican's needed solidarity to maintain power. There were pure pork bills that Bush just waived on through. He was not rocking the boat.

Do you think Bush wouldn't have attacked every Democratic bill to try to make them look like big spenders and lose the next election? Of course!

I think giving the President more power to play partisan politics and weaken the opposition is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, and anyone who thinks it will reduce spending and not be abused is not thinking realistically. This would cause far more problems than it would solve and weaken the US Constitution.

It doesn't.

Do you think Bush would have vetoed any spending on a single Republican bill when they owned the executive and legislative branch? I'm not that naive. The Republican's needed solidarity to maintain power. There were pure pork bills that Bush just waived on through. He was not rocking the boat.

Do you think Bush wouldn't have attacked every Democratic bill to try to make them look like big spenders and lose the next election? Of course!

I think giving the President more power to play partisan politics and weaken the opposition is one of the worst ideas I've ever heard, and anyone who thinks it will reduce spending and not be abused is not thinking realistically. This would cause far more problems than it would solve and weaken the US Constitution.

Well, thanks for the unsolicited education. My feelings are that not everyone is gonna be a dumbass hick like Bush. I am not an apologist for those that have destroyed my party and made people like Mike Huckabee seem like a kook to the republican base. The current crop of republicans must go...they have to be replaced by the republicans who don't vote with emotion but with their heads. Anyway..if the line item vrto doesn't work...simply repeal it.