[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does anyone here get heart palpatations?

rocknrobn26

Details later, but I have to ask. Goin' to see a Doc soon, but....

If you get them, what do you do about it? (If you'd rather not answer here, PM me, please)

Doc (Chargers) chime in if you have the time.

TIA

I'm not a doctor, but I've had my own experiences with heart palpitations. Normally, they are PVCs (pre-ventricular contractions). According to my cardiologist, these are more of a nuisance then anything else and doesn't mean that you have any sort of heart disease. He stated that everyone gets these from time to time. Some people get them more than others and some notice them more than others.

I also have atrial fibrillation, which is when your heart goes off beat. Trouble breathing, dizziness, and weakness ensue. Again, according to my cardiologist, more of a nuisance than anything else, but I'm on meds for that. BTW, haven't had an occurence since being on the meds (knocking on wood)!

I'm sure everything will be fine.

If your ticker gets a clean bill of health it could be anxiety

Thanks Whomp, but I truly have no anxiety. Good income and great wife and daughter. No stress at all! That's what pisses me off. I look like an idiot in the e-room. Grrrrr.

Thanks again

I'm not a doctor, but I've had my own experiences with heart palpitations. Normally, they are PVCs (pre-ventricular contractions). According to my cardiologist, these are more of a nuisance then anything else and doesn't mean that you have any sort of heart disease. He stated that everyone gets these from time to time. Some people get them more than others and some notice them more than others.

I also have atrial fibrillation, which is when your heart goes off beat. Trouble breathing, dizziness, and weakness ensue. Again, according to my cardiologist, more of a nuisance than anything else, but I'm on meds for that. BTW, haven't had an occurence since being on the meds (knocking on wood)!

Looking at your avy, I think Mr. Cosby has a severe case. :D

Oh and I haven't had any that I know of Tom. I know they are pretty common however. You're going to the Doc so that's a good thing.

Edited by Puddy

Man, we are similar here! Though breathing isn't a problem the rest are very close to what I have.

I had a bunch of tests done about 2 years ago (Echo, monitor, stress test, etc). Nothing came up negative. So now I'll have to do them over again! :D

QD,

You know where I'm coming from. I just want a fix! :D Getting good test results and still having the symptoms is not resolution, if you get my drift!

Thanks for your post! I truly appreciate it.

Getting old sucks!!! :wacko:

Looking at your avy, I think Mr. Cosby has a severe case. :D

Oh and I haven't had any that I know of Tom. I know they are pretty common however. You're going to the Doc so that's a good thing.

:D

TY, Pud!

My little sister who is now 39 years old has had them since her twenty's. Doctor's all give her a clean bill of health. Just like Qdaddyo said up there it is more of a nuisance than anything else for her. Still make sure to get checked out.

Will do, my friend! Calling the Doc on the morrow....after I get fitted for a crown on a tooth I broke last week! :wacko:

It's a good thing I'm retired, because I wouldn't be able to go to all the PT/doc appointments if I was working! :wacko::wacko::D:D

have ya been drinkin more coffee then usual ?

No! But I just might to aggravate the Drs. :wacko:

Best wishes for your health.

Sorry about that whole union thing.

Not a problem! You are OK in my book!

Sometimes emotions take over good thought. We are fine!

Peace, Bro! I mean that!

rr26

My heart palpitates everytime you post, robin.

:D OK....that's a winner! :D

Man you're worse than me. We're both falling apart at about the same rate.

Get it fixed brother.

I will, my friend! I will!

Thanks, man! I truly mean that!

To the rest of you..................I mean this with heart felt thanks................

I need an uplift, an emotional one. And dam, lately I been askin' too often!

This place helped me get thru my neck surgery 5+ years ago. It was a godsend. Too long of a story to tell now, but it was a big one!

Be patient w/ me is all I ask.

Thank you all........Thank you Huddle!

My dad had them over the summer - the lower part of the heart was not beating in rhythm with the rest. It was a routine procedure -for them- and he was fine pretty quickly.

Mind you, he lives in Pensacola and you should have access to at least as good a hospital, if not better, for the old ticker.

Yep, I have PVCs from time to time since 1998. I was a little worried about them but the doctor told me the same thing they told Qdaddyo.

My dad had them over the summer - the lower part of the heart was not beating in rhythm with the rest. It was a routine procedure -for them- and he was fine pretty quickly.

Mind you, he lives in Pensacola and you should have access to at least as good a hospital, if not better, for the old ticker.

I have a great hospital, less than a mile from my house.

Yep, I have PVCs from time to time since 1998. I was a little worried about them but the doctor told me the same thing they told Qdaddyo.

I guess that's something to hope for, but.................. :D

I guess I'd prefer closure. :D

To the rest of you..................I mean this with heart felt thanks................

I need an uplift, an emotional one. And dam, lately I been askin' too often!

This place helped me get thru my neck surgery 5+ years ago. It was a godsend. Too long of a story to tell now, but it was a big one!

Be patient w/ me is all I ask.

Thank you all........Thank you Huddle!

Good luck :D

I have a great hospital, less than a mile from my house.

I guess that's something to hope for, but.................. :wacko:

I guess I'd prefer closure. :D

Oh I hear ya...one of those things you cannot ignore...the heart. I'd want to know NOW what is going on...good luck!!! :D

Oh I hear ya...one of those things you cannot ignore...the heart. I'd want to know NOW what is going on...good luck!!! :D

TY, Soup! How's the wheels doin'??

That is a class car! Better than any Vette I ever saw!!!! :D

TY, Soup! How's the wheels doin'??

That is a class car! Better than any Vette I ever saw!!!! :D

I only hope to bring my Rebel brethren TimC over from the dark side! :wacko:

The car is good...I'm looking at getting some mods...:D My friend, who is definitely in to saving the environment, cringes every time I floor it no matter what time of day or night! :wacko:

Hang in there buddy, I get them all the time. Since my heart attack back in 97 they really scare me but everytime i bring it up to the doc, he checks me out and says everthings fine. I even had one of those stress tests where they make you run on the treadmill until your ready to collapse and then they tell you to push harder. When i got done the guy running the test said i did better than some younguns who didn't smoke and were 20 years younger than me.

It IS Hell to get old!!!