[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Recommend an album, and I'll go buy it right now

AtomicCEO

I need a few more albums to fill out an mp3 CD I'm putting together. I have like 4 albums I want to dump onto the CD, but I need some more.

It must be a complete album.

It must be something interesting, musically.

It must also be highly listenable.

I must be able to sing along with it in my car, loudly.

No country. Country-inspired rock is a maybe.

It must be something that you think I'd actually like

I like: Radiohead, Phish, Jon Spencer, Dead, Ween, Nintendo soundtracks, Modest Mouse, Long walks on the beach, Pink Floyd, Jose Gonzales, Sufjan Stevens, Beer, John Frusciante, breakdancing, loud obnoxious noises not related to metal music, bad singers, David Byrne, and good singers.

Go.

I may mock you if you recommend crap. :D

Ok, seriously, go.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

My plan was to ridicule the first post as gay and stupid... but this actually sounds good. A guy I know had that Lazy Eye song as a profile song on his Myspace for a while.

The girl from

kinda looks like
... if that helps.

Oh yeah, my plan was to ridicule your response as gay and stupid. Good thing you took care of that with the Myspace comment. :D

Hum, "You'd Prefer An Astronaut" - "Stars" is a classic.

Hum, "Downward Is Heavenward" - "Green To Me" should've been a hit.

Funeral For A Friend, "Tales Don't Tell Themselves" - "All Hands On Deck, Pt. 2 - Open Water" is amazing.

God Is An Astronaut "All Is Violent, All Is Bright" - "Forever Lost" is an awe-inspiring song.

Hum, "You'd Prefer An Astronaut" - "Stars" is a classic.

Hum, "Downward Is Heavenward" - "Green To Me" should've been a hit.

Hum reminds me of old Voivod. Meh.

Funeral For A Friend, "Tales Don't Tell Themselves" - "All Hands On Deck, Pt. 2 - Open Water" is amazing.

My wife would listen to this. Why don't you just recommend Third Eye Blind or Train?

God Is An Astronaut "All Is Violent, All Is Bright" - "Forever Lost" is an awe-inspiring song.

I really like this! Is it all instrumental? Or are there lyrics too?

Beth Hart - Screamin' for My Supper Pissed off trailer trash meets the blues.

Blue Oyster Cult - Some Enchanted Evening A totally underrated live album by these boys including a delicious cover of the MC5's "kick out the jams" to start things off. Bonus points if you've ever heard of the MC5. Double bonus points if you can tell me what city they started from.

Blue Cheer - Vincebus Eruptum What can I say, I'm in a very nostalgic mood today. Another of the best bands you've never heard of.

Iggy and the Stooges - The Stooges You want to know where the punk movement of the 70's came from? Start here.

The Presidents of the United States of America - Pure Frosting These guys are a touch off the wall (not Iggy off the wall, but still...) but a lot of fun. Includes very singable tunes "Video killed the Radio Star" and "Cleveland Rocks" (Drew Carey show theme)

Well there you go. There are a LOT of other suggestions I could make, but I think these may fit in with your thinking. Kinda, sorta. Well...maybe only on Tuesday. But they're all good albums.

Edited by Kid Cid