[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your FAVORITE Beer?

Atlanta Cracker

Yeah, I'll still go with Aventinius, but I had a Lion stout last night and I remembered how much I love that brew. I guess my top five is probably:

1. Aventinius - everything I love about beer

2. Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA - a little dab'll do ya

3. Lion stout - wooooooo Dutch colonialism!

4. Magic Hat #9 - tasty, refreshing, drinkable

5. Goose Island Honker's Ale - absolutely classic

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently bought some Dead Guy Ale for the first time. I've only got a couple left from the six-pack, and dammmm....it's delicious. For the question that started this thread, I'm hard-pressed to think of another beer that's as tasty and versatile as this DGA. :wacko:

Oh that is an excellent one. Also available in ($12) 64 oz bottles, for when the occasion demands excellence in excess.

Peace

policy

• 1 month later...

Some of the beer snoots will probably look their nose down at this, but offhand Moosehead. I wouldn't want heavy beers ALL the time but could do it with a lighter one, and beer for beer Moosehead has been over the years one of the most reliably good beers I've ever had. I might opt for an English brew but no single one comes to mind offhand. Kinda cooled on Boddingtons.

Some of the beer snoots will probably look their nose down at this, but offhand Moosehead. I wouldn't want heavy beers ALL the time but could do it with a lighter one, and beer for beer Moosehead has been over the years one of the most reliably good beers I've ever had. I might opt for an English brew but no single one comes to mind offhand. Kinda cooled on Boddingtons.

One of the finest nights of my college existence included a fresh keg of Moosehead. :wacko:

One of the finest nights of my college existence included a fresh keg of Moosehead. :D

Sorry BeeR, but if CD is approving this choice it's bound to be a bad one. :wacko:

• 7 months later...
Strike that, I am now enraptured by Chimay. Damn, them monks can brew!

Uh oh! Now you've got to exploring the world of Belgian Ales, you're fraked. I could drink a different one every day and not run out of ones to try. Delerium Tremens is really good and was voted the best beer in the world several years running. However, Tripel Karmeliet has recently taken that title. Then there are the Doubles and Quadruples and let's not forget the Wits and Lambics.

Right now, I'm really digging Stone's Cali-Belgique. It's basically a West Coast style IPA made with Belgian yeast. Either a hopped up Belgian or a really pretty IPA, depending on your perspective.

What I also like about it is that it's a relative bargain in the world of fancy beers.

Uh oh! Now you've got to exploring the world of Belgian Ales, you're fraked. I could drink a different one every day and not run out of ones to try. Delerium Tremens is really good and was voted the best beer in the world several years running. However, Tripel Karmeliet has recently taken that title. Then there are the Doubles and Quadruples and let's not forget the Wits and Lambics.

those two are up there for me.... the bels i try to get a hold of:

delerium

duchesse de bourgogne (really like felmish sours)

gulden draak

maredsous

st bernardus

karmeleit

.... ususally pretty easy to get hoe and chimay.

the germans i try to get a hold of:

franziskaner

paulaner

augustiner

aventinus

there are a few spaten i enjoy, and a few other hit and miss (ayinger, weihenstephan, etc)

favorites fromt eh USA:

Avery

New belgium

Ommengang

stone

allegash

a few dogfish head

rogue

I explore the entire WORLD of beer.

There's a place that opened near my house Called Cafe Hollander - all sorts of beers from the Low Countries. I've had the Karmeliet, good stuff. I like the witbiers well enough but find the quality among them to be pretty hit-or-miss. I forget where Kwak is from, but that's eminently drinkable as well.

those two are up there for me.... the bels i try to get a hold of:

delerium

duchesse de bourgogne (really like felmish sours)

gulden draak

maredsous

st bernardus

karmeleit

.... ususally pretty easy to get hoe and chimay.

the germans i try to get a hold of:

franziskaner

paulaner

augustiner

aventinus

there are a few spaten i enjoy, and a few other hit and miss (ayinger, weihenstephan, etc)

favorites fromt eh USA:

Avery

New belgium

Ommengang

stone

allegash

a few dogfish head

rogue

You should take a gander at the stuff from Unibroue. A brewery in Quebec that makes only Belgian Ales. They have some pretty good stuff.

You should take a gander at the stuff from Unibroue. A brewery in Quebec that makes only Belgian Ales. They have some pretty good stuff.

+1

Hells yeah. We have Maudite on tap right now at Dos Perros and that is some tasty stuff. We have the ephimere at Jujube as well. I've always really, really dug their beers.

+1

Hells yeah. We have Maudite on tap right now at Dos Perros and that is some tasty stuff. We have the ephimere at Jujube as well. I've always really, really dug their beers.

:wacko: i stepped away to go through all of my storage areas to create an order list...... saw a few unibroue hidden away in a corner on one of my walk-ins.... "i need to go add them!"

If this were a top 5 6 list, it would look something like:

1) Anchor Christmas

2) Belhaven Scottish Ale

3) Rogue Mocha Porter

4) Hoegaarten

5) Ipswich Dark Ale

6) Corona Extra w/lime

I could live on those 6 and be happy. I might be sad never to have a Young's Double Chocolate Stout, a Sam Adams Boston Ale, a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, a Harpoon IPA, a Warsteiner, a Sunrise Wheat, a Winter's Bourbon Cask and many, many more....but I could live.

The list has been updated...

Sam Adams White Ale, Dogfish Head Raison d'Entre, Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale are new faves.

A top 5 would have to look something like:

1) Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

2) Sam Adams White Ale

3) Anchor Christmas

4) Belhaven Scottish Ale

5) Ipswitch Dark Ale

with Corona Extra w/lime still kicking around as the prime top 5 substitute.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Dogfish Head Raison d'Entre

This is good stuff - drinking some at this very moment.

I saw a doc called Beer Wars and read a book called Red, White, and Beer (by completely unrelated people, but they do function nicely as companion pieces) and both of them had big sections dealing with Sam Calagione, the founder, who seems like a GREAT guy to sit down and drink a dozen or so session beers with.

I forget where Kwak is from, but that's eminently drinkable as well.

I believe that's from Belgium. At least I had a couple when I was in Antwerp in 2008. IIRC it was served in a very interesting contraption as well.

Kwak

Edited by Puddy