[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your FAVORITE Beer?

Atlanta Cracker

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah.... it's great on a hot day. It's got some Corona-like qualities but doesn't have that rank aftertaste that Corona sometimes has. And Corona can give ya a hangover... can't see it with Landshark. Almost like Corona Light I guess.

I always have a few when I'm in Florida on business. Guess it's Jimmy Buffett's brew from Key West or somethin'

Good call, as I despise Corona(worst beer on the planet and to most Mexicans it's there equal to Strohs or Blur Ribbon....same as Fosters, Aussies hate it...the power of marketing) the LS was very drinkable and pallatable to many foods I munched on that day. I'm going to the store today to pick something out....along with the stuff for this weeks CP recipe. Magic Hat has their "season-sational out now, anyone tried this brew??

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Weihenstephaner Hefe is the bombdiggity! Full but smooth and quite refreshing. I'm biased because I grew up (high school in Deutschland) drinking it because I couldn't do the pilsners at that point in my early beer drinking days. My taste for the hefe has stuck with me and Weihenstephaner is simply the best of the bunch.

Strangely enough I have had a thing for IPAs lately but the Weihen Hefe is my mother's milk.

...I despise Corona(worst beer on the planet and to most Mexicans it's there equal to Strohs or Blur Ribbon....same as Fosters, Aussies hate it...the power of marketing)

My personal "bottom of the list" is Sam Adams Cherry Wheat. I love the SA collection which is what makes the CW so god awful. The only truly bad beer SA makes.

• 2 weeks later...
This is like asking which position is better in the sack. :D

No true beer aficionado can name a SINGLE favorite beer. :D

You'd have to break it down by types; pilsners, ales, stouts, bitters, etc. :wacko:

So true.

But if I'm just picking one, I'd have to go with Chimay Grand Reserve (the blue label).

Fireman's 4 brown. I've only been able to find it when I play shows in Austin though. It's made in the Texas Hill country.

Since I can't find that too often, my easy fallback option is Newcastle.

:wacko: Little heads up next time you're down here?

My answer is an extremely boring one..............Amstel Light. I enjoy the taste, it is very light on hangovers, and low on calories. I've tried many of the beers mentioned and many are good. There are also several listed that I haven't tried yet. There is a nice restaurant in town that rotates in some high-quality, hard to find beers. I'm going to try to remember some of these. Some others that I enjoy are Blue Moon, Michelob, Yuengling Lager, Stella, & Leinenkugel

do you prefer the big head or the creamy finish?

Well played. :wacko:

:D

• 3 weeks later...

After trying and liking Magic Hat #9, I picked up a 6 of their Hefeweizen: Magic Hat - Circus Boy.

Very smooth, fruity. This is a great summer beer. Nice and light, perfect for a hot day. I recommend it to all the Hefe lovers.