[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How do you predict how a Kicker will do in any given week?

rai

I needed a bye week kicker this week..I based my decision on picking up Nugent on the fact that cincy D gives up a lot of yardage so I knew the opportunities would be there..The Jets also move the ball but have trouble punching it in sometimes..I usually factor the weather and stadium in too but that didnt weigh in on my Nugent pick this week

Edited by whomper

I've got a spreadsheet that I have compiled for about 5 years now. It tracks what types of scores defenses give up. Just for kicks (no pun intended), I added a field goal column to see if certain defensive teams allow less TD's (and consequently more field goals).

I have used this spreadsheet at my draft, and it's amazing to see how over the last 5 years it's been REAL accurate. I figure it gives me an extra win or two every year because my kicker always outscores my opponents.

I've got a spreadsheet that I have compiled for about 5 years now. It tracks what types of scores defenses give up. Just for kicks (no pun intended), I added a field goal column to see if certain defensive teams allow less TD's (and consequently more field goals).

I have used this spreadsheet at my draft, and it's amazing to see how over the last 5 years it's been REAL accurate. I figure it gives me an extra win or two every year because my kicker always outscores my opponents.

That is way too much work. Seriously, just go to the Magic 8 ball site.

Is there is a theory to predict when a kicker is going to score a lot or when he's going to score a little?

Is it just pot luck when a kicker has 8 FGs in one game or only a bunch of PATs?

And pot bad luck when youpull him out at the last second and put him on your bench :D:D:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::D:sick:

This week I picked Reed who got me a grand total of 4 points, may have got me a long FG at the end of the half if Roth didn't take a tack which was the one thing he can't take in that situation. short on a 65 yarder would have been a more makable 59 yarder

I find that weekly analysis of kickers is a cause of heroin addiction. I like my kickers to be consistent and on a winning team. There are always about 5 of them every year. I take one in the draft and then rely on him for everything except his bye week. About week 5 I'll hit the WW to see if there is someone flying under the radar. Having a top 5 kicker at the end of the year means consistent FF points rather than a one week wonder like Bironas.

Edited by Kid Cid

Sell your results to us for one dollar per huddler, you're sure to make, well, hundreds.

Predicting kickers? :D

You have much to learn, young Padawan.

:wacko:

I like my kicker to be on a good/decent offense that can at least move the ball. One that does not score a lot of TD's but can get into FG range. My kicker is usually the last $1 I spend at the auction, and around week 3-4, I grab the best K off the wire. This season: Kris Brown. Last season: Robbie Gould. The year before: Neil Rackers.

As to predicting, good luck with that my friend. Maybe CD will share his spreadsheet if we ask nicely...? :D

Edited by The Wolf