[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats = Scumbags

rebdog

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a game, so long as one team is trying to score (i.e., trying to win), the other team should continue trying to score. This is PROFESSIONAL football. There is no such thing as running up the score.

Well said.

Never mind the Pats players... as a Skins fan, I was incredulous at the Pats fans at the stadium, who started booing when the Pats got some penalty or another at the end of the 3rd quarter that stopped their drive...

It was only 38-0 at that point, so I guess I can see why they were so upset. :D

Sheesh!

wow. the replies on this post are sickening.

to show no mercy is sickening.

its a game and NE didn't break any rules. but to me its a question of dignity. you don't kick someone when they're down....and no doubt, Washington was down. they were defeated. NE could have easily run the clock out and won comfortably.

i guess i'm getting too old because i can't relate to this at all. and i'm no Redskin fan.

NE can achieve all the records they want this year but i know what i'll remember them for. first video-gate, now this.

OK. carry on.

I dont hope anybody breaks anything but it would be some kick in the ass for the Pats if one of the big names went down in what was technically garbage time..I remember when Dallas was 1-15 someone spanked them and scored a few that may have been deemed unneccesary..When they asked Jimmy Johnson if he was mad he said the only thing he would be mad at is one of his players if they complained about it.

Edited by whomper

Yeah, that reserve-QB 15 yd td scramble is the Pats secret weapon. Look for them to use it often in the playoffs.

I made a post about this too. This was not my beef. If they wanted to run up the score with Cassel then so be it. But to have Brady in there when you're up by 5 touchdowns late in the 3rd is not necessairly classless, but more like stupidity! What if (i know it's a what if) Brady was picked up and slammed down and he snapped his collarbone or dislocated his shoulder. Not that that type of play is condoned, but it happens. It happened to Manning today. Luckily he got up and walked away. But to have it happen when you've WELL got the game wrapped up is just mind boggling. I dont get it either! Oh well.. Not my call, not my team. We'll see how Belicheat answers these questions this week.

Edited by Shorttynaz

Indy was still playing Joseph Addai with a 24 point lead and less than 9 minutes to go, despite the fact that it had only let a very capable RB Kenton Keith only touch the ball once all game. Seems like they were bent on running it up some themselves, and risking injury to their #1 runningback unneccessarily. Those lost touches by Keith hurt my fantasy team. :D

NE can achieve all the records they want this year but i know what i'll remember them for. first video-gate, now this.

That's because that's you only want to remember the bad things to justify your dislike of the team. That's fine, but don't blame me if I think less of you for it.

Indy was still playing Joseph Addai with a 24 point lead and less than 9 minutes to go, despite the fact that it had only let a very capable RB Kenton Keith only touch the ball once all game. Seems like they were bent on running it up some themselves, and risking injury to their #1 runningback unneccessarily. Those lost touches by Keith hurt my fantasy team. :D

Difference was Colts were up 24 points - not impossible. And if I remember correctly, I saw Addai sitting on the bench early in the 4th quarter with Manning.. The Pats were up by 5 TDs. And Keith was in there. So was the vaunted Clifton Dawson!

Edited by Shorttynaz

I dont hope anybody breaks anything but it would be some kick in the ass for the Pats if one of the big names went down in what was technically garbage time..I remember when Dallas was 1-15 someone spanked them and scored a few that may have been deemed unneccesary..When they asked Jimmy Johnson if he was mad he said the only thing he would be mad at is one of his players if they complained about it.

IIRC , in Galloways first game with Dallas, he was left in late in a game where they were getting creamed and was injured and lost for the year.

I saw Addai sitting on the bench early in the 4th quarter with Manning.. Keith was in there. So was the vaunted Clifton Dawson!

I hear that Dawson kid is like Payton and Sanders* all rolled into one. \

* - Eddie Payton and Byron Sanders