[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats = Scumbags

rebdog

The Washington D gets a paycheck to stop the other team. Its not New Englands job to make life easier on the skins. I have no problem with NE playing until the final gun. But I will say this, if Brady gets hurt because of this, I have no pity for the Pats in the least bit. And on HBO Inside the NFL, they discussed a DC getting pissed at this very thing, and sending in a goon to take out Brady and end the Pats season. Would it be justice, well that is in the eyes of others. My philosophy is you reap what you sew. And I wouldnt want to be Belicheat if Brady gets hurt having to explain to his owner why Brady was still in the game with a 40 pt lead late.

I don't want to see anybody get hurt, but I couldn't agree more with this statement.

And if somebody does send a goon to slam Brady to the turf, I'm proud to say that it won't be next weekend. Belicheat can exhibit all of the poor sportsmanship that he wants. Dungy will just sit back and let him make an ass of himself.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it makes it better or not, having starters like Brady and/or Moss late in the game is a major cause for the festering hymen sprains amongst those mad at the Patriots.

Word filter or todos los bushwacked ?

The 150 yards of total offense and empty scoreboard for the Skins at the end of 3 must have struck fear into Beachick.I mean wow,if they could do that in 3 quarters just imagine what they could do in one.

I got it! I got it! 150/3 = 50! They could put 50 yards of total offense on the board in 1 quarter! Do I win anything?

i guess i'll chime in here without reading the 5 pages of replies. i think belichick made a bit of an ass of himself today. yes, we know the pats are the best team in football and completely dominated the skins.. but enough was enough.. did he really need brady in there up 38-0 in the 4th and still throwing the ball? sending his franchise qb in for a qb sneak on 4th and 1 up 38-0?? thats more stupid than arrogant.

of course the defense should have stopped him.. but you get to a point in the game where you know the losing team's heart just isnt in it anymore and they just want to get out of there healthy from that point on. if you want to pad your stats facing a mentally watered down defense, then go ahead. if brady wants to break manning's record that bad, then let him have it for all i care. maybe its just me being used to watching the steelers running the ball 20+ consecutive times in the 4th quarter when they are up big in games they have in hand. but i know im not the only one who thinks that wasnt right.

They didnt just beat them,they beat them down.

I give credit to the skins defense,I wouldve started laying down late hits and cheap shots to be honest.

After all,penalties are part of the game and they do get paid to play all of it. :D

i guess i'll chime in here without reading the 5 pages of replies. i think belichick made a bit of an ass of himself today. yes, we know the pats are the best team in football and completely dominated the skins.. but enough was enough.. did he really need brady in there up 38-0 in the 4th and still throwing the ball? sending his franchise qb in for a qb sneak on 4th and 1 up 38-0?? thats more stupid than arrogant.

of course the defense should have stopped him.. but you get to a point in the game where you know the losing team's heart just isnt in it anymore and they just want to get out of there healthy from that point on. if you want to pad your stats facing a mentally watered down defense, then go ahead. if brady wants to break manning's record that bad, then let him have it for all i care. maybe its just me being used to watching the steelers running the ball 20+ consecutive times in the 4th quarter when they are up big in games they have in hand. but i know im not the only one who thinks that wasnt right.

Well said. To many people, sports is about more than just being the best.

The coach ran up the score because he could. We were all taught at an early age about sportsmanship this team does not have it.He could have called plays where it was a run but it was obvious when you pass the ball instead of taking it up the middle for a run. Besides do you really think that the qb for the redskins is good enough yet to come back from 48 to 0 give me a break. No one is going to like this team and we can't wait for them to get it handed to them, because all of the nfl teams will watch that game and the target on the patriots just got bigger. Next week game should be good and i am rooting for the underdog the colts.

I completely support running up the score. They are solidifying themselves as the offense EVER.

The more you do something - the easier it gets. How is that any different with scoring. They're just keeping the juices flowing.

((Miami fan here who is loving the show that the pats are putting on))

Brady was in great danger yesterday - I'm surprised that NE didn't pull him sooner.

I mean, did you see how that Redskin almost touched Brady when he knocked the ball out of Brady's hand? It was just chilling.

ooooooo....all hail the mighty penguin!

your exactly the type that should mind his own f'n business....i wasnt talking to you.

2 hours and that's the best you can come up with? :wacko:

Well played newb, well played. :D

And last I checked, this was a message board, not a private Pats fan group hump. :D

OK. pat's homer with some observations. Take them for whatever you want.

I have no problem with either one of the 4th down plays late in the game. It gives the D an opportunity to stop the O and stop the scoring. Sending out Gostkowski to kick a 24 yard FG (the Brady sneak series) would have been a classless move. That's adding points. And it's not like they play-actioned to get the first down, they ran a QB sneak on 4th and 2. As far as the Cassell play, well, you're getting your back-ups some experience, I guess. If the QB's just going to be in there to hand off, what would the purpose of pulling Brady have been? Keeping him safe from what, a sprained wrist handing off? Letting your back-ups actually throw the ball is just trying to make the team better down the road, possibly.

Now, as a Patriot fan, I would have liked to see Brady on the bench to start that last posession of the 3rd. Started with 2:02 left in the quarter, up 38-0. To me, I'd rather know he was safe on the side-lines and let Cassell get in there and chuck it around.

Lastly, I think there's more to this story somewhere. As much as the Patriots were accused of running the score up last week, and the whole, putting Brady in after Cassell's pick last week thing, I think this was something personal with Belichick and Gibbs. I'm going to do a little research later today about the old Giants-Redskins days when BB was the DC. I think Gibbs may have laid one on the Gints at some point. Say waht you will about BB, but one thing we know for sure about him, he never forgets.

That being said, if Gibbs ever gets a chance at payback, watch out, NFl records could be broken that day.

I still don't understand why people get upset about this. This is men playing a men's game. There's no mercy. Send a message, kick 'em while they're down, roll 'em if you can. There are no rules against it, and you are quite clearly sending a message, and possibly intimidating the rest of the league. If these teams don't want to get blow out, play better freaking defense.

OK. pat's homer with some observations. Take them for whatever you want.

I have no problem with either one of the 4th down plays late in the game. It gives the D an opportunity to stop the O and stop the scoring. Sending out Gostkowski to kick a 24 yard FG (the Brady sneak series) would have been a classless move. That's adding points. And it's not like they play-actioned to get the first down, they ran a QB sneak on 4th and 2. As far as the Cassell play, well, you're getting your back-ups some experience, I guess. If the QB's just going to be in there to hand off, what would the purpose of pulling Brady have been? Keeping him safe from what, a sprained wrist handing off? Letting your back-ups actually throw the ball is just trying to make the team better down the road, possibly.

Now, as a Patriot fan, I would have liked to see Brady on the bench to start that last posession of the 3rd. Started with 2:02 left in the quarter, up 38-0. To me, I'd rather know he was safe on the side-lines and let Cassell get in there and chuck it around.

Lastly, I think there's more to this story somewhere. As much as the Patriots were accused of running the score up last week, and the whole, putting Brady in after Cassell's pick last week thing, I think this was something personal with Belichick and Gibbs. I'm going to do a little research later today about the old Giants-Redskins days when BB was the DC. I think Gibbs may have laid one on the Gints at some point. Say waht you will about BB, but one thing we know for sure about him, he never forgets.

That being said, if Gibbs ever gets a chance at payback, watch out, NFl records could be broken that day.

I still don't understand why people get upset about this. This is men playing a men's game. There's no mercy. Send a message, kick 'em while they're down, roll 'em if you can. There are no rules against it, and you are quite clearly sending a message, and possibly intimidating the rest of the league. If these teams don't want to get blow out, play better freaking defense.

I've read most of the replies and I agree with most of the ones above. As a fan I was excited to see the Pats roll, even though I was playing against Brady this week :D . But, I was also not happy to see Brady out there for so long....the whole late game injury scares the crap out of me. I think this whole thing stems from a lot of stuff building up; video gate, the teams abillity being questioned, past championships being questioned, Brady's ability being questioned, the fact that Brady now has some weapons so let him loose on the league, etc.

Plus I think in Bills warped mind that if he takes Brady out in the 3rd he won't play an almost full game like he has been and that may take him out of his rhthym. He wants his team clicking on all cylinders for the Colts next week.

The people that come here to bitch about Brady and Belicheck (obviously don't have Brady on their team) are just as bad as some patriot yahoo fans who gloat. As a long suffering Boston sports fan I know how quickly the tide can turn.....remember I lived through the Tony Eason era.

Now can we please put this issue to rest and get psyched for next weeks game, I'm going to be a nervous reck come Sunday afternoon.

My philosophy is you reap what you sew.

.... I'm just gonna let this one go...

You don't understand, Sarge really has a way with needle and thread. He sewed me a pot holder to settle a bet on last year's OU/BSU game and boy is that baby a thing of beauty. I use it at work all the time.

Who ever thinks the Pats are scumbags for going for it on 4th down and scoring when they are up needs to understand this is a professional game. You dont want them to score then stop them. 4th down? Stop them and the ball is yours. This is a professional game! If you cant stop a team from scoring start blaiming yourself...they all get paid the big bucks to play this game.

I am not a Pats fan (Jets actually) but to hear this is nonsense. Bunch of cry-babies. The Pats risk injury to score that their decision and people sit back and say its unprofessional? They want to show their dominance in the league. They broke the redskins thats for sure. And it wasnt because they were unprofessional.

Honestly, if they played the Jets and were getting spanked I would wish the Pats go for it so my team can have a chance to let them pay. Stop them and get the damn ball. Play the sport your getting paid to play and stop crying.

That is all.

Up 35-0 at halftime, the Chargers came out and ran the ball between the tackles pretty much the rest of the game. Rivers threw the ball 11 times (seven in the first half, one on the first possession of the 4th quarter). Use the whole clock, snap the ball, don't turn it over, stay in bounds, let your "depth players" play (LT was pulled by the 4th, most of the seconds were in on the D by the middle of the third) use the whole clock, shorten the game, get out with both teams as healthy as possible. Sound, smart, classy football.

:D