[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's Made/Break Your Team This Year?

coloradocoz1

I said it at the draft and it has held true thusfar: If Kevin Jones comes back and makes an impact, this will be the move that makes my season. Got him for $5 in a $200 auction to eventually backup LT. The other move that has been crucial was getting Santonio Holmes to be a stopgap for the first eight weeks it took Lee Evans to wake his dead ass up.

4-5 in a 12 team/PPR league. Holding on to the 6th (out of 8) playoff spot.

Made:

AP in the 4th

Romo in the 5th

Witten in the 8th

Break:

Henry in the (late) 1st (what the f@$# was I thinking?!?!)

S. Smith in the 2nd

R. Williams in the 3rd

Chad Johnson (traded Henry for him in week 5, looks like I SLIGHTLY got the better)

Made my teams:

BOTH: taking a chance on Brady with my 2nd round pick in a 16 team league; also nabbing Welker in the 11th round of same draft.

Local 2: Nabbing K. Jones in the 14th round, Welker as a free agent

Broke my teams:

Local 1: SJax with the #2 overall, trading Bush and Evans for Henry and Reggie Brown week 3...yech.

Local 2: Ronnie Brown going down.

Getting Peterson in the 4th, Roethlisberger in the 15th, jennings in the 16th, Vikings D in the 13th....they really put me over a few games early...

also Marshall in the 14th as well....and a few timely trades at the right time....not to mention picking up the right players at the right time to fill in at RB2 and just shuffling my roster and keeping up with crap....

my teams in other leagues have suffered because of the focus I've spent on this one team....if not by adding and dropping QB's/D/ST's alone...but by constantly trying to work trades....

2 words: Tom Brady

He single handedly helped pick up a lot of points that my WR corp were leaving on the field. I'm in second place and leading in coring in my local. I just made a trade to improve my overall balance of my team with him.

oh...I forgot to mention,.......

a lot of luck....and timely matchups.....

but this is the story for me every year in my local....maybe I have learned to play matchups well...

except last week and I won't mention what bonehead decision I made last week and still pulled a win out of my arse.......

but some of you probably already know what I am talking about and I deserved to lose and be scolded in addition to that.......

What broke my team is a guy in my league has AP, LT, Portis, Moss, Fitz & Tony G.

In BOTH Bling Bling, I have a similar team as that with AP, LT, Lynch, Fitz, Holmes & Witten (plus Brees and Edwards). Needlesss to say, I'm doing pretty well and with no Patriots... The first pick of the draft has it's advantages.

In BOTH Bling Bling, I have a similar team as that with AP, LT, Lynch, Fitz, Holmes & Witten (plus Brees and Edwards). Needlesss to say, I'm doing pretty well and with no Patriots... The first pick of the draft has it's advantages.

yeah...the fact that anyone is running their league with a Patriot on their team should speak volumes....

the teams that have either Brady/Welker/Moss aren't doing too hot...but the team that has the Pat's D is right in the thick of things...

I had Morris....but I think he's the exception...

Patriot players have made it easy to dominate a league this year...

yeah...the fact that anyone is running their league with a Patriot on their team should speak volumes....

the teams that have either Brady/Welker/Moss aren't doing too hot...but the team that has the Pat's D is right in the thick of things...

I had Morris....but I think he's the exception...

Outside of the having the Pats kicker on multiple teams, I was one of those people who was either unsure of Moss' success in the Pats offense or opted for Brees over Brady.

Best season ever in one league: Romo, Peterson, Addai, Randy Moss, S. Holmes, Winslow. 4 players in the top 10 of OA scoring. Its an unbelievable year so far.

And then of course there is 32 Homers with Rudi and SF team QB. :D What a joke that team is!

-picking up the Titans D after their bye

-trading AJ for Braylon after week 4

-hanging on to Brees despite stinking the first few weeks... would never have dropped him but quite a few other owners were trying to buy very low

-hanging on to AD (pre-CHI game) despite the injury to SJax... I made a few offers but they were all declined. I received a few offers but they all stunk

In my local,getting AP late made up for taking Maroney way too early.

Also Braylon Edwards and Greg Jennings have carried my squad in the WR dept.

Taking Lee Evans and Mark Clayton too early has hurt me a bit although Evans seems to have awoken.

I think all of the Maroney owner's may disagree with this statement :D , I think he is on the Pats team, still waiting for him to show up though

Edited by Judge Smales