[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Feels like I've been to the dentist

FWmaker

Started Wednesday night when I'm out w/ the family in NYC watching the Balloons being blown up for the big parade. Great time, by the way. I was carrying a computer bag on my shoulder and had my 7 year old up on my shoulders for most ot the night. Went to dinner, and I could swear that my taste buds were a bit sluggish and I was wondering it was because I had a potent tropical drink (I've been abstaining for about a year on doctors orders).

Cut to Thanksgiving dinner. During dinner, I thought the food was somewhat lacking in flavor. I also seemed to have bit my cheek. My lip started to feel numb. I excused myself and went to the bathroom (the mirror, actually). Face did not seem exacty right. Went back to the table. Started to think - did I pinch or compress a nerve last night in my shoulder? My vertibrae in my neck? Did I have a mini-stroke???

Well, skipped desert and went to hospital w/ the wife, while my kids stayed at Mom's. The long and the short of it...I've been diagnosed with having Bell's Palsy. My entire left side of my face is paralyzed. I don't close my eyelid all the way and may have to tape it shut at night. I can't smile, Lost taste. Can't scrunch up or frow my brow. Drinking is an adventure (like a post-dental experience). Also, loud noises are excruciating as the affected facial nerve #7 affects one of the inner ear bones.

Evidently, the affliction is idiopathic. Must mean I'm an idiot. I'm looking at a minimum of 2-3 weeks, could be 5-6 months or possibly longer. Some chance of permanancy of some/all weakness in the face. I'm not too happy. My Doc saw me on Friday and put me on Prednisone (a non-BALCO steroid!) and a anti-viral called Valtrex (mostly well known to combat Herpes - although I'm not a sufferer). Not much else for them to do in the short-term.

I'm bummed because I'm slated to do some talks, lead meetings, and represent some clients under audit this coming week.

Good luck FW.

I'm guessing it's because of the curse Whomper, Wolf and I placed on you after you left the bar. Since you wouldn't have a drink with us we cursed you for the next time you had alcohol.

Puddy, come back to NYC - I'm ready to atone and drink heavily. And....its on me.

At this point however, I may need to use a straw.

FW - hang in there buddy. Strange as it may seem, I work with two people that have had this very recently. One had it at the very end of August and the other caught it right around Haloween. Both of them got rid of it pretty quickly. I would say three weeks at most and I can't tell that either of them had it.

I'll only say this 'cuz you seem to be completely taking this in stride and even joking about it yourself...

Please humor us and record yourself saying "ROCKYYY ROOOOAD".

And yes, here's to you clearin' that up ASAP. Best of luck. :D w/ straw...

Actually, I'm falling perfectly into the role of Sylvester the Cat ready to say "Sufferin' Succatash"

In all honesty, I'm really having trouble w/ my F's and P's.

Today was a bad day. Don't know if is because I am off of the Prednisone they gave me for this crappola, but I've been a real bear today. All hyped up and pissed off and all.

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone

Good luck FW.

I'm guessing it's because of the curse Whomper, Wolf and I placed on you after you left the bar. Since you wouldn't have a drink with us we cursed you for the next time you had alcohol.

You need to be careful with what you say....destroyer of cities.

My God, I've never even heard of that. :D But I'm glad to hear it's not permanent.

Gird your loins my friend....it can happen to anyone....anytime....no reason! :wacko:

It's sorta like Shingles! If you had Chicken Pox.....it can happen w/ no warning! :D:D

Let's see what our resident Doc has to say................