[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings running up the score.

Randall

What a classless organization the Vikings are, running up the score like this. Don't they know that you're supposed to take a knee in the red zone when you're up by more than 30 pts?

:D

I'll tell you what, with Adrian Peterson, and that run defense in place, the Vikings are only a few pieces away from being a serious Super Bowl contender. I still think they need to get a QB, but, this is certainly a team on the rise.

I'll tell you what, with Adrian Peterson, and that run defense in place, the Vikings are only a few pieces away from being a serious Super Bowl contender. I still think they need to get a QB, but, this is certainly a team on the rise.

+1

A very traditional looking football team. Good run D, great run O. Jackson has looked good today.

I'm a diehard Vikes fan but still found this a disappointing call. Just take the FG.

Divisional game, at home, possibly in the playoff race. Kick 'em while they're down. I have absolutely no problem with that play, or running up the score in general.

Now, Swerski should be here any minute to tell me what a horrible, mean person I am that knows nothing about sportsmanship. :D

Up 42-10 is the perfect time to try a fake FG. You get real game experience practicing a play that might come in handy down the road, with no risk if it fails. The Chester HB pass to Shiancoe was a similar play call. Seemed like the Vikes were opening up the playbook once the game was decided. What's the problem with that?

They still need a RB that isn't going to be out 4 games a year, and a QB, and a pass defense, and some WR, and.....

Chickens have not hatched, yo.

Up 42-10 is the perfect time to try a fake FG. You get real game experience practicing a play that might come in handy down the road, with no risk if it fails. The Chester HB pass to Shiancoe was a similar play call. Seemed like the Vikes were opening up the playbook once the game was decided. What's the problem with that?

You might want to try it against a defense that even remotely expects it to get any benefit out of it.

On the rise perhaps to the level of the Jaguars, a good defensive/running team that can get to the playoffs but no further.

Tavaris could develop, but these days most teams can't spend severals years finding out.

You might want to try it against a defense that even remotely expects it to get any benefit out of it.

I disagree. Most teams won't expect a halfback pass from Chester Taylor under any game situations. And it certainly is possible to call for a fake FG in a situation where the defense isn't expecting to see it. The fact that they tried it against the Lions is probably more telling, as the Lions are not a good team to test whether or not a play might work (mainly because most plays work against the Lions).

I'm a diehard Vikes fan but still found this a disappointing call. Just take the FG.

Im No viking fan,but I do have to watch every game since my friend has the direct TV and 3 Tvs set up.I thought it was kind of a my little buddy call to runl a trick play on a field goal at that point in the game.

This coming from a coach who calls a running play on 3rd and long in a close game on a regular basis.

They need more practice in the secondary or on 4th and long passing the ball then they do a trick play..

On the other hand,maybe its trickle down form the Pats.Play hard all 60,no mercy.I wouldn t be surprised to see all the teams start to play this way eventually.Out with the old way of thinking,in with the new.

Edited by xtra