[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ear Wax

isleseeya

I use Q tips ..have for most of my life

but maybe i am getting old ( not even sure this is a sign of getting old ) , but every once and a while i will actually feel a piece ( not big thankfully ) of ear wax fall out of my ear :D

what gives ? who else has this disturbing issue if anyone ? :D

but maybe i am getting old ( not even sure this is a sign of getting old ) , but every once and a while i will actually feel a piece ( not big thankfully ) of ear wax fall out of my ear :wacko:

:D All I can say is..........wow, hang in there man.

Does the wax fall out when you are "tipping" or just when you are walking around?

but maybe i am getting old ( not even sure this is a sign of getting old ) , but every once and a while i will actually feel a piece ( not big thankfully ) of ear wax fall out of my ear :wacko:

youre part yeti? :D

This happens to me occasionally, and I'm pretty sure it's normal. But it could also indicate we have some sort of over-producing earwax gland. :wacko: I have no idea if that is normal or not. So maybe it is not normal at all and we are f'ked up beyond repair. :D Stupid ear.. :D ..stupid earwax...

But the garden hose will never fit in my ear :D

:D

I think I will actually go for the ear irrigation

You da man sheik

You can give one to yourself. It's easy, and no doctor's visit required. Of course, when you get one at the doctor they use this giant syringe that's way cool looking. When you do it at home, you use one of those things that mothers use to clean their baby's noses with.

Make sure to give us a full report.

Q-Tips are the worst thing you can use on your ears. While you think your cleaning them, your actually pushing the wax deeper into your ear canal.

Being a life long surfer, I have had ear wax problems as have most people who spend a lot of time in the ocean. The pressure of the water and the salt and sand cause havoc on the ears. I have used the following procedure now for the past 10 years.

Buy 1 ear wash bulb (that squeezie rubber ball thing with the spout) and a bottle of peroxide.

Fill up your sink in your bathroom with warm water. Put a little peroxide in the cap of the bottle. Squeeze some of the peroxide into the ball and then with your head tilted, put a small amount of peroxide into your ear. Lay down on the bed or couch for 10 min and let the peroxide do its thing. It will bubble up quite a bit while it breaks up the wax from your ear canal. After 10 min. go into the bathroom and flush out with the warm water from the filled sink. You will be shocked at the amount wax that comes out. Repeat process a few time for each ear. I do this twice a year. The first time I did it, a ball of wax the size of a small marble came out. At that moment, it's like it was the first time hearing. Years of build-up from surfing, concerts and ear phones had made my hearing decrease and I didn't even know realize until I cleaned my ear canals.

The first time I did it, a ball of wax the size of a small marble came out. At that moment, it's like it was the first time hearing.

That's what I'm talkin' bout, boooooyyeee. First time I had a doctor irrigate my ears, I was shocked at what came out. Nasty. . .

Q-Tips are the worst thing you can use on your ears. While you think your cleaning them, your actually pushing the wax deeper into your ear canal.

Being a life long surfer, I have had ear wax problems as have most people who spend a lot of time in the ocean. The pressure of the water and the salt and sand cause havoc on the ears. I have used the following procedure now for the past 10 years.

Buy 1 ear wash bulb (that squeezie rubber ball thing with the spout) and a bottle of peroxide.

Fill up your sink in your bathroom with warm water. Put a little peroxide in the cap of the bottle. Squeeze some of the peroxide into the ball and then with your head tilted, put a small amount of peroxide into your ear. Lay down on the bed or couch for 10 min and let the peroxide do its thing. It will bubble up quite a bit while it breaks up the wax from your ear canal. After 10 min. go into the bathroom and flush out with the warm water from the filled sink. You will be shocked at the amount wax that comes out. Repeat process a few time for each ear. I do this twice a year. The first time I did it, a ball of wax the size of a small marble came out. At that moment, it's like it was the first time hearing. Years of build-up from surfing, concerts and ear phones had made my hearing decrease and I didn't even know realize until I cleaned my ear canals.

This is the way to go ..thanks Canes

heres to hoping i produce A Yankee Candle tonight :D:D

My mother has been an ear, nose and throat nurse for 20 years and cannot recommend against Q-tips enough. She sees people every month who have crammed the wax so far down their ear that it has to be removed by a doc. She sees a case every year or so where someone does permanent damage to the eardrum from Q-tips.

The reason that Puddy's doctor recommended against irrigation is that, for the vasy majority of people, it is unnecessary. Ear wax is there for a reason - it is a lubricant (insert joke here) and acts as a barrier from bacteria and infection. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE.

My mother has been an ear, nose and throat nurse for 20 years and cannot recommend against Q-tips enough. She sees people every month who have crammed the wax so far down their ear that it has to be removed by a doc. She sees a case every year or so where someone does permanent damage to the eardrum from Q-tips.

The reason that Puddy's doctor recommended against irrigation is that, for the vasy majority of people, it is unnecessary. Ear wax is there for a reason - it is a lubricant (insert joke here) and acts as a barrier from bacteria and infection. IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE THERE.

now i am confused :D

do i irrigate ? do i not irrigate ? do i go to Burger King for lunch ? sorry back on track

i will probably hold off a bit and just let the ear wax ( i mean chips ) fall where they may :D

now i am confused :D

do i irrigate ? do i not irrigate ? do i go to Burger King for lunch ? sorry back on track

i will probably hold off a bit and just let the ear wax ( i mean chips ) fall where they may :wacko:

Haven't you been paying attention? Go buy a box of Q-tips right now and hammer away! :D

If you do feel like you need them cleaned, I'd ask a doc about irrigation. My guess will be that he'll tell you that you don't need it, but you never know.

She sees people every month who have crammed the wax so far down their ear that it has to be removed by a doc.

Yep, that happened to me, and let me tell you when they stick that metal thingy with three little arms into your ear to pull it out, it is not a comfortable situation.

Edit to add: I still use Q-tips.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

I've had to have my left ear irrigated once or twice in my life. It's pretty sickening to see what comes out. :D I do still use Qtips but I try not to shove them down inside the canal.

I've read that constantly cleaning out your ears like that actually stimulates the production of more wax. :D