[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What to get the parents that have everything...

The Irish Doggy

So its the holidays again, and we don't have many good ideas for Mom and Dad. I think many of us know this dilemma - they already seem to have everything, and I don't want to buy them something they won't use/want.

So besides many hours hanging out with Bing Crosby on the CD player, what do you get the 60-something non-grandparents?

So its the holidays again, and we don't have many good ideas for Mom and Dad. I think many of us know this dilemma - they already seem to have everything, and I don't want to buy them something they won't use/want.

So besides many hours hanging out with Bing Crosby on the CD player, what do you get the 60-something non-grandparents?

pron and booze is a good idea

I'm getting my father a Beretta Silver Pigeon S 12ga with a 28" barrel. My wife is in charge of getting something for my Mom, and I have no idea what she is getting her. They will both be getting scrap books featuring them and and our children as well.

Edited by Perchoutofwater

Been there done that.

My dad is 80 something, doesn't drive anymore, poor eyesight and failing health.

I used to be able to always get him a tool or some electronic gadget but now he spends most of his time sitting on the screen porch listening to his scanner or his 8 tracs.

I hate to sound like a cheap bassturd but the best gift I think I could give him is to just show up with his only grandson and spend time with him and mom, which we will do this year :long drive: :D

Probably going to get them a trac phone since they refuse to buy one themselves but that seems more like a necessity than a Christmas present.

Bottom line, I guess I'm not much help, sorry.

Alas, their pron collection and liquor cabinet is better stocked than mine,

As it should be. :D

There comes a point in time that it really doesn't matter what a gift is or if it is useful..... all that matters is that there is a gift that lets them know you still care. It can be anything. A nice 100.00 gift card from B&N would be good.... if they read alot.

Every year my kids and wife would make out a list of things they would like. Now my kids and their kids do that. I have never, not even once, made out a list. It never mattered what I got.... I bet your parents are the same way...doesn't matter what it is...just that it is.

My mom reads a lot (she reads about 3 books a week), and last year I gave her a $300 gift card to amazon. She used it to buy some books, mostly she gets her books from the library, but she purchased other things as well. She finally used up the $300 around April, and mentioned to me it was like having Christmas for 4 months-so I scored!

Your parents have to know how to buy on-line, and not many 79 year old (age of my mom) have that ability.