[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An NFL history question

DMD

Is this week in Minnesota the first time ever that both starting RBs have the same name? Benson was the starter in the first meeting, but now it is Adrian vs. Adrian. Has there ever been a time when the same named player in the same position has ever faced each other?

May the best Adrian win, and not the one that had a better week 14.

I thought I remembered, not too long a ago, that there were two Tshimanga Biakabatuka's playing against each other .... :D

If not him, then I'm sure it happened with a common name like his.

I thought I remembered, not too long a ago, that there were two Tshimanga Biakabatuka's playing against each other .... :D

If not him, then I'm sure it happened with a common name like his.

See...here I was thinking you'd take the opportunity to spring Chris Fuamatu Ma'afala on us!

Edited by The Wolf

Is this week in Minnesota the first time ever that both starting RBs have the same name? Benson was the starter in the first meeting, but now it is Adrian vs. Adrian. Has there ever been a time when the same named player in the same position has ever faced each other?

May the best Adrian win, and not the one that had a better week 14.

Uh, did Autry Denson ever square off against Darnell Autry? Because that might be as close as we get.

Peace

policy

i have a correct answer :

when Manning ( NYG ) faced Manning ( Indy )

Both at QB

what do i win ? :D

Different first names though.

Ricky Williams vs Ricky Williams was the closest so far.

:D

Imagine if there were two Brett Favres playing against each other... the man-love spewing from Madden would be so thick that you would have to wipe the ooze from your tv screen in order to see the game.

wouldn't that game have to end in a tie?

I'm waiting for the matchup of CB Randall Gay covering De'Cody Fagg in the NFL.

Just the thought of Michaels saying, "Gay was all over Fagg on that one, eh John?"

Or "Fagg blew by Gay on his way to paydirt!"

or... oh nevermind... you get the picture.

Back in the late 80s the 49ers had a kicker named Mike Cofer and the Lions had a LB named Mike Cofer. Not too common a last name. I can't even think of any other Cofers in the league other than those two. As for starting RBs specifically, can't think of any besides the two APs.