[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heath Ledger

justin

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, first and foremost, any suicide (assuming that is what we're looking at) is absolutely heartbreaking, all the more so when little ones are left behind :D

but on a cynical, pop-cultural commentary note, it's also pretty f'n sad that we can now look forward to a guy who was a pretty mediocre actor being lionized and shoved down our throats in coming years as some sort of tortured artiste.

My daughter was friends with Michelle Williams during her teen years and has kept in touch since then. Michelle was pretty devastated when they broke up last year, but Heath's behavior had deteriorated to the point that their relationship was not salvagable. Drug and alcohol abuse along with unfaithfulness were contributing factors.

Edited by Chargerz

well, first and foremost, any suicide (assuming that is what we're looking at) is absolutely heartbreaking, all the more so when little ones are left behind :D

but on a cynical, pop-cultural commentary note, it's also pretty f'n sad that we can now look forward to a guy who was a pretty mediocre actor being lionized and shoved down our throats in coming years as some sort of tortured artiste.

Sort of how I see it.

That's sad to hear -- takes the tragedy out of it and replaces it with stupidity. If it proves true, he becomes just another wasted life chalked up to drug use.

Sadly, I agree. While it's terrible when anybody dies, I'm much less inclined to feel bad for a guy who was using drugs and cheating on his wife while he has a two-year-old daughter relying on him to be a father. That's selfish and irresponsible behavior.

Well said.

on a cynical, pop-cultural commentary note, it's also pretty f'n sad that we can now look forward to a guy who was a pretty mediocre actor being lionized and shoved down our throats in coming years as some sort of tortured artiste.

I'd seen Ledger be much better than mediocre, but other than that very true.

Wow... really into the ghey stuff huh? :D

I'm Just curious. Why dont you quote a post in the way that we can see the person whose post it is ? I always wanted to ask you that.

Edited by whomper

if you call getting into your role and not being the same person in every movie "mediocre"...then yeah...

it wasn't suicide though...it's not like he cleaned out the bottle...

but calling him mediocre as an actor just means you are misinformed....because this could be labeled "opinion"...but him being above mediocre should be obvious...