[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5 kids killed in high speed crash...

I Like Soup

Wow, an M5 goes off the end of a runway at 150+ and smashes in to a tree, killing all 5.

One of the M5 guys told the poster to be careful or he would be in the news...the day he crashed. Nostradamus?

Anyway, thought I would share this since it has me a bit weirded out.. :wacko:

Wow, what a shame. That's some sad stuff. :wacko:

Edited by irish

That puts a hugh lump in my throat. To sad to even put the right words together. :wacko:

I say that as my 19 year old just brought his car home to park it since the roads are getting bad. He is at a party about three blocks away and even though he is not drinking, he brought that car home. He just told me that he and a friend of his collected all the keys from everyone that did not want a ride home since there is ice out there everywhere. He ask if he could stay out with his friends to keep an eye on a few of them and make sure they don't get into their cars.

Having said all taht. No male under the age of about 30 should have a car that can go over about 30 MPH. I have cheated death via car and motorcycle too many times. Someone was for sure looking out for me. If my boy, (pretty good kid), wanted a car like that I would do everything that I could to try to stop him. During his HS years he lost at least 6 people that he knew and went to school with. 3 of them in one shot but cars and kids kill. Even good kids that are not out partying fall victum.

That puts a hugh lump in my throat. To sad to even put the right words together. :wacko:

I say that as my 19 year old just brought his car home to park it since the roads are getting bad. He is at a party about three blocks away and even though he is not drinking, he brought that car home. He just told me that he and a friend of his collected all the keys from everyone that did not want a ride home since there is ice out there everywhere. He ask if he could stay out with his friends to keep an eye on a few of them and make sure they don't get into their cars.

Having said all taht. No male under the age of about 30 should have a car that can go over about 30 MPH. I have cheated death via car and motorcycle too many times. Someone was for sure looking out for me. If my boy, (pretty good kid), wanted a car like that I would do everything that I could to try to stop him. During his HS years he lost at least 6 people that he knew and went to school with. 3 of them in one shot but cars and kids kill. Even good kids that are not out partying fall victum.

True enough.

I really think getting a drivers license should be expensive and difficult from a testing standpoint (written and practical) like it is in Europe. I also believe the age should be 21.

True enough.

I really think getting a drivers license should be expensive and difficult from a testing standpoint (written and practical) like it is in Europe. I also believe the age should be 21.

I agree with most of what you say. However, to make kids have to wait until they're 21 years old to get a license would make things very tough. What are kids that are commuting back and forth to College supposed to do? Not to mention going back and forth to a job.

I agree with most of what you say. However, to make kids have to wait until they're 21 years old to get a license would make things very tough. What are kids that are commuting back and forth to College supposed to do? Not to mention going back and forth to a job.

Public transportation.

I've thought about what you wrote before, but to me, an "inconvenience" is outweighed by the number of deaths caused by young drivers every year.

Public transportation.

I've thought about what you wrote before, but to me, an "inconvenience" is outweighed by the number of deaths caused by young drivers every year.

but they are old enough to die for their country

Public transportation.

Yeah, i understand your point but I'm glad that's it's not that way. I would've never been able to pull off the schedule I had throughout College without having my license. It would've been a HUGE inconvenience for me not having a license then. I was able to get an education and work 2 jobs and the schedule was very tight. I would've never made it had I had to wait for public transportation.

True enough.

agree with having more stringent standards. disagree about age.

Public transportation.

possibly....if PT was better.

Agree completely. Bring back 55 mph.

disagree. has more to do with bad, selfish drviers.... a lot of people shouldn't have licences.

Very sad story ...speeding ( i think we have all done it ) is just not a good idea especially when you hit 3 figures on the speedometer

i believe it's relative....... again, it's about responsibilty and using common sense.... should 100+ be allowed everywhere? no. are there areas where it isn't unsafe to drive 80, 90, 100+? definitely.... also depends on what is being driven.

I read all four pages of that thread....even the one AmericanM5 started...and was totally impressed by the candor they showed that kid. I must say, part of me agrees with M5Ranger...but without all the what about the attention that needs to be paid to us vets attitude. How very tragic in a sense lives were needlessly lost. How very stupid in a sense that this was not really an accident....rather a logical extension of what can happen if you put yourself in situations where the slightest misstep can kill you. Prayers go out to the parents.