[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

73 hours and no cigarette

isleseeya

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm sure glad that toothpicks were your suggestion. They are a bit thinner than cigarettes though.

So are you trying to tell us that you used something thicker? Something phallic shaped maybe? Or maybe you never smoked at all. In that case why don't you just shut the hell up already?

So are you trying to tell us that you used something thicker? Something phallic shaped maybe? Or maybe you never smoked at all. In that case why don't you just shut the hell up already?

Please explain why you felt like the response above was needed. I made a light-hearted joke that I'm sure Isy would not have a problem with and hopefully gives him a little chuckle while he tries to overcome this habit and I get told to shut the hell up? Was it really necessary or are you just looking for any reason to bash? I never remember having any problem with you Jax and your response was truly uncalled for IMO.

Edited by irish

I think 5 days is the hurdle as far as the phsical addiction is concerned.

I've heard that before, but think its a bunch of crap. I'm not sure I'll ever be truly free of the physical addiction. Sometimes I walk by someone who is smoking and it feels like there are thousands of tiny baby birds chirping in my lungs, mouths wide open, begging for mother to quell their frenzied hunger.

no doubt once a smoker always a smoker , meaning that urge is always there i believe ...but its 81 hours and counting without one , i feel good and quitting cigarettes will be a very big and positive event in my life ..and at this point i was hanging out with my kids tonight and i looked at them and found a strong focal point ..anytime i get weak and want to have a cigarette i will think of my kids as motivation to keep from smoking

i think i am on my way

thanks huddlers as always for the positive words and support ..it all helps :wacko:

I disagree. If you've already been without nicotine for 73 hours, you're almost there. Why start feeding your system more nicotine when your body is getting used to not having it. Try toothpicks if you something to put in your mouth. You're talking to a professionalsmoking quitter here. :wacko: I will have to do it again as I started back up last August. When I do, I refuse to use a nicotine crutch as that's what I'm trying to kick.

My problem is staying off of them when something stressful comes along. 2007 was filled with stress for me. And I finally caved after being off them for over 2 years. :D

Good luck Isle! I'm pulling for ya! My old man used to tell me when he felt an uncontrollable urge to smoke in the evening, he'd just go to bed.

Are you trying to help him quit smoking or become U.L Washington ?

Here's hoping you never smoke again!! Quitting is one of the best things you'll ever do to get healthier!! :wacko:

Note: Toothpicks are helpful in quitting, but sugarless gum helped me stop!!

Well .... according to Ursa you are well on your way to becoming more of a burden on the health system now that you have stopped smoking.

Not according to me - according to the survey I quoted (the same one you have failed to disprove).

It's a big night for right wingers to sneer at statistics without showing any of their own.

Please explain why you felt like the response above was needed. I made a light-hearted joke that I'm sure Isy would not have a problem with and hopefully gives him a little chuckle while he tries to overcome this habit and I get told to shut the hell up? Was it really necessary or are you just looking for any reason to bash? I never remember having any problem with you Jax and your response was truly uncalled for IMO.

Lighten up Francis. I was merely busting your balls. Now please go get that phallic shaped bottle and put it back in your mouth.

:wacko:

How's it going there Isle? This thread has made me want to give it another go. I will start by only smoking half a pack a day for awhile and trying to suppress the urge to smoke when I really don't need to. I smoke about a pack a day, maybe 1.25 some days. So Monday I will start my half a pack a day for a couple weeks and then I'll either quit cold after that of half it down to 5 for a couple more weeks. Once down to 5 cigs a day cold turkey isn't as bad. This is somewhat like the method I used to quit once before. I just need to stay the hell off of them. So hang in there. My big worry is the weight gain. That's why I had the Dunlaps disease in my MH pic. It never went away. Fill us in on your progress.

Lighten up Francis. I was merely busting your balls. Now please go get that phallic shaped bottle and put it back in your mouth.

:wacko:

Ah, now I get some clarification. You gotta throw a smiley or something in there to help a fella out. Hell you vote for a Huddler as most annoying, make a post like you did and not expect me to be taken back? Any way, going to get my phallic-shaped bottle...

You gotta throw a smiley or something in there to help a fella out. Hell you vote for a Huddler as most annoying, make a post like you did and not expect me to be taken back?

quote]

My bad with the no smilie. I was a bit sidetracked last night as it looks like I am again tonight. And no, I did not vote you MAH this year. Waterman or Pigdevilz got my vote.

Edited by jaxfactor

My mistake Jax about the MA vote. I guess I just assumed as I'll be taking that baby home again this year. :wacko: No hard feelings. Did you find your keys?

142 hrs and counting with no cigarette :D:wacko:

still going strong boys :moon:

:D Well done!! Keep it up!!

You've come this far...keep it up!!!

That's what got me through the initial urges. It gets better and better the further along you go. 7 months and counting....

Agreed ..at this pt certainly would love one but the negatives far outweigh the desire for one

still a battle and will be for some time but i think i am on my way to winning :wacko:

Agreed ..at this pt certainly would love one but the negatives far outweigh the desire for one

still a battle and will be for some time but i think i am on my way to winning :D

Just keep thinking about those kids. Do it for them :wacko: