[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite horror film monster/creature

jaxfactor

This far in, and no one has mentioned "War of the Gargantuas"?!?!

Greatest big monster movie EVER and the Green one completely freaked me out as a kid.....

Gargantuas

I can't even begin to explain how much i LOVED this movie as a kid! :wacko:

Regan in the Exorcist kept me awake and afraid to go to the bathroom for the entire night when I first saw that movie in 7th grade (sleepover at my friends house), a circumstance which, I believe, caused enough bladder damage that I have never been able to hold my beer

That girl climbing out of the well in The Ring was pretty creepy

Michael J Fox in Teenage Warewolf had me calling for my mommy

I believe the exact quote is "Karloff? Sidekick? FECK YOU! Karloff did not deserve to smell my chit! That limey c@cksuck@r can rot in Hell for all I care!"

Its from the movie Ed Wood. Bela Lugosi is asked about Karloff and he goes off screaming that playing Frankenstein would be easy its all grunting and makeup. Stern plays the clip all the time. Its pretty funny.

Ah. I see. :wacko:

"Horror film" is a pretty specific genre. For example, while the original "Alien" probably qualifies (which was a horror film), the Queen from "Aliens" probably does not (it was more of a sci-fi action film). Same would apply to creatures like the Predator (though, it is one of my personal favorite critters).

I guess my favorite monsters were the cenobites from Hellraiser. But my favorite horror film "evil guy" is probably Hannibal Lector, or maybe Jigsaw from "Saw."

Regan in the Exorcist kept me awake and afraid to go to the bathroom for the entire night when I first saw that movie in 7th grade (sleepover at my friends house), a circumstance which, I believe, caused enough bladder damage that I have never been able to hold my beer

When I opened the Regan pic today, it still raised the hair on my neck.

Damie,... Damie, it's your mother. :wacko:

I can't even begin to explain how much i LOVED this movie as a kid! :D

Its still one of the few (if only) monster movie I have seen where they actually show the monster eating a human. Usually they stomp around, knock over lots of buildings, but you never really see anyone get killed. The latest installment of King Kong changed that, but in WoG, the not so jolly green giant comes out of the sea, attacks an airport, grabs a woman, and pops her into his mouth, chews up her a bit, then spits out her clothes in a nice little pile ..... I still get the heebies thinking about that scene. :wacko:

Its still one of the few (if only) monster movie I have seen where they actually show the monster eating a human. Usually they stomp around, knock over lots of buildings, but you never really see anyone get killed. The latest installment of King Kong changed that, but in WoG, the not so jolly green giant comes out of the sea, attacks an airport, grabs a woman, and pops her into his mouth, chews up her a bit, then spits out her clothes in a nice little pile ..... I still get the heebies thinking about that scene. :wacko:

I grew up loving this one too. It's really a sequel to "Frankenstein Conquers the World", which was itself a japanese sequel to Frankenstein (they grew a new monster from his heart, then grew two more in this one).