[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In 24 to 72 hours... I will have the flu

AtomicCEO

Everyone I know has had this thing in the last month, and I thought for sure I had lucked out and it had missed my family... but my wife is down with it right now. It looks miserable. I don't want it... but seriously, my odds are what? 1 in 10 of not catching it from her? I probably have it already and it is just replicating its little minions inside my body.

Her doctor gave me a prescription for Tamiflu, because he said if you start early it's possible the flu will be less awful and last a shorter period of time.

Is this true? I heard Tamiflu is pretty pricey. Is it all drug company malarkey? Does it work? Is it worth it?

Everyone I know has had this thing in the last month, and I thought for sure I had lucked out and it had missed my family... but my wife is down with it right now. It looks miserable. I don't want it... but seriously, my odds are what? 1 in 10 of not catching it from her? I probably have it already and it is just replicating its little minions inside my body.

Her doctor gave me a prescription for Tamiflu, because he said if you start early it's possible the flu will be less awful and last a shorter period of time.

Is this true? I heard Tamiflu is pretty pricey. Is it all drug company malarkey? Does it work? Is it worth it?

My wife had it baaaaaaaad at the beginning of the month. I'm talking 3 whole days of pure hell. 2 days she didn't even get out of the bedroom. It was horrible. :wacko: I ended up getting it for about a day; wasn't too bad.

I would suggest the Tamiflu stuff. I didn't take it but wish I would have. In addition, pound OJ, cranberry juice, water, Gatorade, you name it. Zinc also helps.

can i have your Banjo :wacko:

I had a nasty sinus infection this past week after having a cold. I tried to fight it. After two days, I completely lost voice. I stayed home Friday and did nothing all day. I still felt bad yesterday. Today I almost feel back to myself. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday for something else. The doctor asked me if anything else was bugging me. I told him I had a cold, but I knew there wasn't anything he could do for that.

He took a look in my nose and said I had a bad sinus infection. He said that he guessed it was going to get worse. He gave me a week's worth of antibiotics. I don't know whether or not they helped me. I didn't sleep for a few nights. I should have rested instead of trying to fight it.

I had a nasty sinus infection this past week after having a cold. I tried to fight it. After two days, I completely lost voice. I stayed home Friday and did nothing all day. I still felt bad yesterday. Today I almost feel back to myself. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday for something else. The doctor asked me if anything else was bugging me. I told him I had a cold, but I knew there wasn't anything he could do for that.

He took a look in my nose and said I had a bad sinus infection. He said that he guessed it was going to get worse. He gave me a week's worth of antibiotics. I don't know whether or not they helped me. I didn't sleep for a few nights. I should have rested instead of trying to fight it.

Prednisone normally very helpful for sinus infections

and i would go with Tamiflu , Atomic ...anything that can help is worth a try and Tamiful may do the trick

Both of my kids are just getting over a stomach virus. I think you all know the details behind stomach viruses and what we have been dealing with all week. One thing I learned for sure. My oldest certainly will never play hoops because she missed the puke bucket from about 6 inches away numerous times.

Edited by whomper

Swept thru our family like a killer wave of germs...all 6 of us had it over an 8-day stretch, affecting some of us worse than others. Typical flu symtpoms, though the kids wailed that their stomachs cramped something fierce. Heartbreaking that there was very little we could do for them.

I'd get the meds from your wife's doctor...if it only helps 10%, its worth it.

My girlfriend works in a pharmacy, and she mentioned how expensive Tamiflu is... I think somewhere around $80-100 bucks.

Yep. My wife had the flu shot.

Yeah, there are too many different strands of the flu virus for that shot to fight. I've read that it only protects you from about half of the strands out there...

nahh it's not too bad. My fever hit 106 and my wife looked like an animated character and I was convinced she was trying to poison me. there were monsters jumping over my bed and yellow flowers growing out of my watch. All in all it wasn't a major deal, even with the black phlegm.

nahh it's not too bad. My fever hit 106 and my wife looked like an animated character and I was convinced she was trying to poison me. there were monsters jumping over my bed and yellow flowers growing out of my watch. All in all it wasn't a major deal, even with the black phlegm.

Sounds like multiple sicknesses, plague and acid...

Just grazed our house about a month ago. Daughter was out of it for about a week, really sick for 4 days with a fever. Wife ran a fever for a day and so did I. Mine was strage. I felt sick then it went away for a day, then I had a fever for about 2 days. Nothing over 102 for any of us 3. My daughter and I had flu shots, wife didn't, I think. I'm not even sure the three of us didn't just have crud for a week.

Hopefully you will luck out and it won't be any worse than that.

What you believe becomes your destiny.

I passed on the drugs.

I await the flu. ...Chomping Vitamin C drops and chugging Propel.

Today I was very tired. Still no fever.

My best friend is a doctor and recommended both zinc and echinacea to me. And try the Vitamin Water Formula 50, Defense (especially this one) and Charge.

My best friend is a doctor and recommended both zinc and echinacea to me. And try the Vitamin Water Formula 50, Defense (especially this one) and Charge.

I've been popping this like crazy and all the sickys haven't caught me yet this year :wacko: Everbody is freakin sick!

2 words.

Neti Pot.