[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So how's your "nest egg" doing

BeeR

fn recession. I called my brokerage because I hadn't logged into my account for some months now to get the password reset, review what I have, maybe transfer one fund to another....my broker goes "OK your account is (acct #) right?" I say yeah. "Yeah resetting it now - so you say you want to move some funds and bolster that (monetary amt)?" The amount was a fair bit less than the last time I confirmed it months ago. :wacko: Maybe I shoulda gone more into bonds after all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 401k seems to be losing value at about the same rate that I'm contributing new money. And that was *after* a "strategic reallocation." I've got the Mrs. 100% in bond funds, which are showing a decent positive return. Our HSA is invested in straight fixed income, so its showing a small positive return, too (don't feel like gambling with that money). I keep trying to tell myself that I'm averaging down, but I'm starting to wonder if all new money shouldn't be put into money market funds until the blood bath ends.

Edited by yo mama

I'm not worried.

I figure I'll win the lottery or a long lost relative will leave me a large sum of money by the time I retire.

I was hoping you'd adopt me and buy me a ridiculously expensive watch for my birthday. :wacko:

Edited by rajncajn

i went into mostly cash some time ago. stocks still could have a way to go on the downside imo. this credit problem is bad. but then again, they all have the biggest put in the world with the us govt. i think if your looking long term, there are some good values out there.

Is it rockn?

:D My "eggs" ain't Blue! Unless I drink THIS................. That blue Curacao will mess you up! :brew: Sorta like the first time I drank toooo much Green Beer on a St. patty's day. Next morning I was :wacko:

My nestegg:

My stocks, not that much, are down 40%! But over the 6 years I have had them, they are still worth 2X what I invested.......Including getting killed by UAL! :D

I don't even want to look at my 403B's or Roth's. As soon as the wife gets the next statement, I have a lot of talkin' to do! :D But we're in for the long haul, I shoulda cashed the stocks in, in Nov., but didn't. Don't need the $$$$$ now so I'll wait. :D

Down roughly $8,000 over the last three months and that includes the new money. Down another $450 or so today.

Whatever, I'm going to stay wealthy in retirement by providing Florida widows with sexual favors for money.

Down roughly $8,000 over the last three months and that includes the new money. Down another $450 or so today.

Whatever, I'm going to stay wealthy in retirement by providing Florida widows with sexual favors for money.

:wacko:

i got dibs on miami!!!

I put a lot of money into energy stocks, pulled a 35% return in the last 12 months, and just cashed out and went into a couple of CDs to weather the next 6 months ...

My retirement IRA, which is a bunch of f'n mutual funds, has pretty much had the same experience as everyone else ...