[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOLY small car BATMAN

keggerz

i heard these were comming to the states...also heard that because of US specs they wernt gonna be as cheap as the euro version either.

also they have a roadster version in the EU, few on my island, that are pretty pimp

roadster :wacko:

I saw these cars at a Smart dealership which was opening a couple of months ago. I think they are made by BMW or Mercedes. From what I remember, the price was around $13,500 and the mileage mediocre for such a car, something like 42 mpg. Much rather have a VW, Honda, Toyota, etc.

I saw these cars at a Smart dealership which was opening a couple of months ago. I think they are made by BMW or Mercedes. From what I remember, the price was around $13,500 and the mileage mediocre for such a car, something like 42 mpg. Much rather have a VW, Honda, Toyota, etc.

http://www.smartusa.com/smart-car-fortwo-company.aspx

Preparations for the smart fortwo began in the early 1990's with a Joint Venture between Mercedes-Benz and Swatch, the makers of Swatch watches known for their wide array of colorful designs. Nicolas Hayek, the inventor of the Swatch watch brought his ideas for an "ultra-urban" car to Mercedes-Benz.

* smart remains a vital member of Mercedes-Benz Cars, a Daimler AG Company.

* smart USA, a division of Penske Automotive Group, is the exclusive distributor for smart in North America and Puerto Rico. smart USA is headquartered in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan. The smart fortwo is already somewhat of a "star" in the United States. It has the privileged distinctions of being on display as a work of art at the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) in New York City. It is the only vehicle on display at MOMA which is still in production and on sale today.

Mercedes-Benz took on this engineering challenge with the outcome of one of the most innovative cars ever introduced.

These are all over the place here in Redmond, WA around the Microsoft and Nintendo campuses. I caught the fever and looked into buying one until I saw the price. 1/3 the car for double the cost it seems.

There is another "car" that I see around this area that is a smidge smaller than the Smart car and only has three wheels instead of four so you can use it on the HOV lanes.

That said I'd prefer the Astin Martin I see once or twice a month on 520, or even the tricked out Range Rover that Steve Ballmer drives (I see that rich fool about once a week as he goes to the same SBs I go to in the morning around the same time.) Oh to have his money.

They were abundant when I went to Canada (Nova Scotia). They park em front to back in the parallel parking spot :D I'm not an America basher, but why are other countries taking efficiency measures and not the largest fuel user in the world :wacko: Maybe $4 gas will turn some heads (as it has been in Europe for years).

I'm not an America basher, but why are other countries taking efficiency measures and not the largest fuel user in the world :wacko: Maybe $4 gas will turn some heads (as it has been in Europe for years).

Gas was certainly more expensive overseas when i was visiting Italy last week. It was about 1.40 euros a liter in Rome. You do the conversion to gallons and the slumping dollar and you are talking over $8 a gallon.

Edited by myhousekey

Gas was certainly more expensive overseas when i was visiting Italy last week. It was about 1.40 euros a liter in Rome. You do the conversion to gallons and the slumping dollar and you are talking over $8 a gallon.

I was in England for a couple weeks earlier this month and the size of cars in general is way smaller than here. Parking spots are like letter boxes. The one luxury car that you see a lot is the BMW and there are hundreds of them doing better than 90 on the motorways.

Gas is over 1 pound per liter = over $2 per liter = over $7.60 gallon

I don't even pay that much for good wine.

just read a story on them ...they are very solid with steel unibody , restraints and airbags everywhere ( i believe their is one in the trunk :wacko: )

with that all said i would feel safer riding my old Big Wheel on 1-95

Where US 1 and I-95 combine (along with US 9) from NJ to NY?

Back in the late 80's and early 90's I had 3 different friends who each drove a Honda CRX (varying models). One of them claimed to consistently get over 70 MPG. The others each claimed that their fuel economy was up over 50 MPG. That was almost 20 years ago.